Most collectable, rare, valuable POTF2 figures

tatsie

Jedi Master
Auckland New Zealand but from Newbury in Berkshire
I have quite a collection of this stuff (from 1995-1998). I bought all the figures and ships during this period.

I was wondering, what are the most sought after variations etc?

When I get back to England on the 8th of July, I'll see if I have any of this.

Thanks for your help,

awaiting replies,

Leighton

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
The price of 99% of POTF2 MOC's is actually less than retail in most cases these days due to the over saturation.

Our pound shop has a ton of them in at 2 MOC's for a pound so i get them for my nephew. I actually got a few of the boba variants out of there a few months back and sent then to a fellow collector friend who loves the line.

Many of the once sought after variants ie Boba fett half circle (something like that anyway) dont sell for anything like they did 5 - 10 years ago.

AndyG

Jedi Knight
Red Card Leia was rumoured to be hard to find for about a year when she was first released in 1996 but that soon died away.

There are a very small number of modern figures such as freeze frame Weequay and Sandtrooper which may get some reasonable money but for the other 99% of figures released you would be very lucky to get even half your money back (especially after selling fees are deducted).

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
I think that there were a couple of figures from the expanded universe line, that was out at the same time, that are worth a little bit more. There was a Spacetrooper and a Darktrooper if recall. I doubt that we are talking a fortune though.

AndyG

Jedi Knight
Fitzy said:
I think that there were a couple of figures from the expanded universe line, that was out at the same time, that are worth a little bit more. There was a Spacetrooper and a Darktrooper if recall. I doubt that we are talking a fortune though.

These initially retailed at £8.99 and were only available for a short period in Toys R Us

If you sold on ebay you would need to sell for £10.30ish to just break even (with the fees).

I did sell a Mara Jade MOC for about £13/£14 a couple of years ago after two low feedback bidders got into a bidding war, but I think you'd be very lucky to get over £8 for any of these EU figures MOC now. Maybe £10 for the Spacetrooper Dark Trooper MOC but again that it isn't breaking even after fees are taken into account.

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
plantman said:
If you look for POTF2 bobs fett with no shoulder skull, missing banther on chest and half circle's on hands. you will see they are up for a few hundred quid.

see this one, albiet overpriced

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POTF2-Red-Car...s=65:16|66:2|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

The Fett variations are pretty common i got my friend 2 different variations from my local pound shop 2 months ago. (they were 2 for a pound!).

I dont know much about POTF but i know they are for sale at either a pound each or two for a pound in the Darlington pound shop and the boyes store.

In fact after seeing that auction i may go down and buy up all the boba fetts!

plantman

Sith Lord
I think the missing skull, and the fett with no circle and one half circle (not two) are quite rare, but i mean...who the hell looks for that on modern figures....get rooting through them all Jay :)

tatsie

Jedi Master
So is this is a real wind up?

http://www.premiercollect.com/1995-KENNER-STAR-WARS-RARE-MODERN-CARDED-POTF2-RED-CARD-BEN-KENOBI-SHORT-SABER-LONG-TRAY-AFA-85-C85-B85-F90---12408823,name,101624,auction_id,auction_details

I have both long and short light saber Kenobis..

Joe

Grand Master
That auction was packed full of awesome items Tatsie, loads of vintage, all overpriced and AFA graded though.

This should tell you something :

# Bids : 0

Joe

Grand Master
I would say welcome back but I don't live in England :mrgreen:

Glad you got home safely though mate, stick some pictures up, everyone is waiting to see what treasures you have!

burnsy

Sith Lord
Hey up Tatsie, welcome back to blighty mate.

Good luck with digging around that attic. I got a feeling you'll have a few bits to sell,
but I also reckon we've started you're collecting bug up again.

Good luck fella, don't put a foot through that ceiling, looking forward tro seeing what you've got.

Stu

tatsie

Jedi Master
100_1493.jpg

100_1495.jpg

100_1491.jpg

haha.. my brother's foot nearly went through the roof!

and you're right. I'm going to find it really hard to part with all this.

Every figure in a bag is complete. I have hundreds of other figures but they're not worth showcasing. (they're works in progress)
The original POTF collection is what I want to concentrate on.. And a yakface focus. That's my plan.

Joe

Grand Master
Very nice! I wouldn't sell them mate, thats a hell of a start if you want to keep collecting!

Stick the pictures in the showcase thread, no-one reads this modern shite haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom