hi advice on what to collect next needed.

wertyu-2007

Padawan
hi ive been collecting vintage loose figures so far and potf2 loose figures as well, but im struggling now on knowledge so ive ordered a book to learn more on the various figures etc so i dont waste any more money, some of the earlier purchases i made are poor quality now im learning more and getting into it i want more mint figures so im putting vintage on hold for a while to study up.
ive got a urge to start collecting carded figures but as with loose ive not got enough knowledge yet to risk buying vintage carded figures .
ive been looking at the old style 2010 2011 vintage figures and potf2 figures
whats your thoughts on this what do you advise soemthing i can treat as a hobby stroke investment maybe ?

thanks in advance

DarthSwales

Padawan
The absolute best Star Wars action figure guide you'll ever find;

http://www.rebelscum.com/

The photo archive is what will most likely help you best. It displays every single Star Wars figure from '78 to the present day.

I highly recommend it. It has been a dime to me for the past few years. :D

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Just save your money until you educate yourself a bit more about vintage. If you don't want to wait, make use of the knowledge of the guys on here. IMO you should try to stay away from modern as you will regret it in the end.

DarthSwales

Padawan
DarthSwales said:
The absolute best Star Wars action figure guide you'll ever find;

http://www.rebelscum.com/

The photo archive is what will most likely help you best. It displays every single Star Wars figure from '78 to the present day.

I highly recommend it. It has been a dime to me for the past few years. :D

Yeah, the only modern figures I buy are the vintage ones. I don't even want the figures, I want the cards they're on. I only buy the Original Trilogy ones and always keep them on the card. It's like my cheap way of having carded vintage figures LOL.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
"ive been looking at the old style 2010 2011 vintage figures and potf2 figures" IMO these will NEVER be a smart investment. There are a heap of useful sites, I used this one a lot -
http://www.landoslocker.com/index_starwars.shtml

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
If you are looking for modern stuff for investment then you need to stick to the store exclusives and the convention stuff. This years Modern (vintage collection) exclusive for Comic Con is a great example, 12 figures all on Revenge of the Jedi cards that come in a replica Death Star http://whennerdsattack.com/?p=1489 (bottom picture on the page) ... no idea how much it will be though, also Target, Toys R Us Walmart and Kmart usally get limited line exclusives in the US and they creap on to the UK market. This year Target is selling 3, 3 figure packs to mirror the originals from back in the day, this is building on last years exclusive, which was a 9 figure pack. Another small line is the Dinsey parody figures, over the last few years they have done a handfull of action figures such as Donald Duck as Han Solo and so on (there are 23 of them now) and every so often they release a very limited figure, this year it was a Stich as Yoda to celebrate the reopening of ther Star Tours ride and only 2011 will be made, last year it was Stitch as the Emperor and only 1980 were made.

As people have said there is no real investment in the main lines, that said they are nice figures and are good to look at. In terms of looking foward i find websites like sirsevesguide.com a good place to get news for what is coming up. As for the older stuff brianstoys.com has a great listing and while you may not want to buy anything from them (US Based so cost of shipping etc) you should be able to look through a massive amount of stuff, same with jeditemplearchives.com.

If there are any speciffic sets that grab your attention let me know. I have a collection of almost 1000 modern figures that i am about to sell off so chances are i will have a few things you might fancy and mostly in complete sets.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom