how comes no modern for sale thread

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Perhaps a Modern for sale thread in Modern Collecting would be a better option as there is not a huge amount of interest in modern on here? Anybody agree?

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
i agree ,there is a bigger modern collectors group on here then you think .i only buy it for lad but can always find what i am after on here from someone.
Makes sense to have one anyway.any half decent mods or admin would have relised that :wink: :wink:

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
I am beginning to realise that Weasel but there a few nice modern pieces such as Convention exclusives and Sideshow Collectables. Surely this warrants a sticky thread?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Lol, ahhh if you guys want a new thread in Modern just LMK what exactly you want and I'll set it up, only takes a minute.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
I would love a specific Modern sales section (or something like that). Having recently sold some modern stuff here I do think there is a place for it and while the bulk of the stuff is 'nice' but not particularly valuable there is a subset of modern as mentioned, like the convention and US retail store exclusives that are designed specifically for collectors and are valuable and in some case becoming as costly as some vintage stuff. Try finding a 2007 Legacy Collection Millennium Falcon for less than £150 (last one I saw in forbidden planet was £215, even if you remove his mark up you are around the £150/£175 mark, can't even find one on evilbay) that's more than a vintage one.

Of course it is all relative, so if you don't like modern stuff to begin with, it is worthless, but as a SW fan overall the modern lines have allowed me to collect figures/ships/sets etc. that Kenner were never able to produce as the technology just wasn't there for them and the specific collectors pieces are done very well (this year's comic con set for example).

Anyway, always happy to stand up for the modern line, of course the hypocrisy of my stance is that I am selling a lot (not all) of my modern stuff to fund a bit of vintage buying, (although I am not selling either of my legacy falcons, they're for my kids when they are bit older).

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
i have to say the imperials specialy stormtroopers and creatures ,hammerhead and co and a few rebels and bounty hunters in the potf 2 and poj range are mint

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom