Loosies

jayums

Jedi Master
I've started to put together a loose run on a budget if you have any spares you want to shift.

This is a personal challenge - I want to see how cheaply I can do it. My hunch is it ain't gonna be cheap, but that's the challenge!!

I have a minty loose run which cost a horrendous amount to put together; but I'm not into Mocs or variants, so looking for a new collecting mission, and pref one that won't be bank breaking.

Interested in any that are half decent. As long as they are not entirely FUBAR! Weapons or accessories a welcome bonus, but definitely not anticipated!

I am planning on posting updates of a display as it grows - with a record of funds spent - on the latest acquisition thread.

Have made a decent start of about 25 diff figures so far, but they are mostly the easy to get ones!

If you have any loosie for sale in the coming weeks n months then do please feel free to dangle them in my direction.

Ta all :)

jayums

Jedi Master
Michael Sith said:
Good luck, great idea.

Cheers - I think I might need it!!

Inspired by a thread I saw the other day on here - can't remember who it was, but they'd found their oldies up in a loft. And they looked dusty and well loved, but damn cool!

I know it's nice to have minty stuff and unusual variants, but wanted to try something different where I wouldn't worry about the money too much!

Anyhoo... made really fast progress, although I'm not intentionally in a hurry on this:

44 different figures so far + several duplicates and a case!

The budget is 400 quid to get the best little collection I can together for that. If anybody else fancies turning it into a little competition then that would be fun! (Good to see how little can be spent sometimes, instead of how much!!)

About 170 quid spent so far. Which probably sounds a lot to a seasoned collector with a million contacts, but I'm a relative noob and that's as best I can do.

But that includes all of the first 12 apart from a jawa; which I'm quite pleased about. Not many accessories though, and a few beaters that might just be a tad too beater-ish amongst them!!

When they all arrive will put them in display and post a pic or two. Not quite as impressive as some of the recent offerings on the display thread, but I'm quite pleased!

Got a lot of (relatively) tricky ESB figures to get, and I'm steering clear of last 17 for now - suspect that will be a bit of a slog!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom