Cheap baggies - Nikto and Klaatu Skiff

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
Joe,
Not sure what you call cheap but the earth have both of these baggies (plus an 8d8 lol).
Anyway they are $45 for the pair.
http://www.theearthtoymall.com/vistwafiinun.html

I actually sold 2 of these just before your wanted post for just a tenner each :(

Joe

Grand Master
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
You have no idea how many times I thought to ask you and just forgot Del!
GRRRRR!

The earth ones are what made me think I could spot them cheaper, I think they sell for quite good prices on the site actually but I am a bargain hunter lol

The tape seal has come away from the Klaatu and the limbs were discoloured so I figured I would pass on those :(

Please let me know Del if you find any others! Kicking myself now ...

Joe

Grand Master
Thanks for the bump as well, I really would like to get these if anyone has them spare.. please? It is christmas ! :mrgreen:

PhantomShadow

Jedi Knight
My vintage multipack came with the wrong Klaatu so I had to hunt down the skiff version in a baggie. Was hard to get and I think it cost me about £25 :cry:

and no, its not for sale

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
You should be able to pick them up for about £15-20 max joe, they are pretty common.
I actually had 4 nikto's lol, recently sold 2, traded one & one is in my multipack.

I thought i had another klaatu skiff in my box of extras but its not there :roll:

On a different note joe have you seen an 8d8 like this?
It's not mine it belongs to a former palitoy employee's husband.
P1012813.jpg

P1012811.jpg

Joe

Grand Master
Now that is quite cool Del, you should definitely try to pick that up.
The tie to Palitoy is cool as well and probably holds the answers.

Although it looks the same as most it is missing the Kenner logo and the baggie is actually sealed/made upside down, (I first thought it was the figure inserted upside down)
The tape seal should always be on the underneath (feet end) and the Kenner/Made in Hong Kong logo the correct way up if you are looking at the figure standing!

That is a cool baggie, if you are 100% sure of the source then I guess it is legit otherwise I would be wary!
The fact is its probably just wound up in a Palitoy factory in whatever bag was at hand, there is a reason why certain figures are found inserted in the baggies a particular way but I can't think why ! I am sure you can clarify this Del?

Cool baggie !

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
Yeah its legit joe, the owner i have known via email for about 2-3 years and have bought quite a few baggies from him.

It is a palitoy baggie, and these taped one's are pretty common.
I just hadn't ever seen an 8d8, but i just found another in a auction lot lol, looks the same just the text is a bit lower down the bag. Im planning on bidding on the auction so won't put the link up :mrgreen:, but could send you a link via pm if interested.
So now i've seen 2 today lol.

Del

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
whiteskinnydroid said:
To better describe what I mean :

Your right thats its always the bottom of the baggie that should be taped, never the top.
But i've had text both ways up, but all 8d8's i've seen have been the same way up as yours.

Most of my palitoy baggies have the text upside down btw.

Joe

Grand Master
Funny being English I have really no Idea about Palitoy things! There really wasn't that much literature out there or reference sites ( and still aren't ) compared to Kenner when I was starting out so I really have only looked at Palitoy items in the last few years as they have become more popular!

Baggie is cool Del, and pm sent :mrgreen:

Joe

Grand Master
Oh and as for the text being higher and lower on certain baggies that must be down to just the cut when they were produced, I don't suppose accuracy was high in the chain of thought when putting figures in baggies as they were primarily produced for shipping from country to country as far as I am aware (apart from when included with playsets etc)

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
Same here joe, although i've owned many pal baggies its only over the last year i've really took much notice of them and started picking them up more frequent.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom