Star Wars Palitoy Adverts 1978-1985

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I can remember the speeder bike and B-wing commercials.

How about you?

[youtube]RvdtgYWF24g[/youtube]

mumbo

Sith Lord
Ah, classic sw ads :) very vague memories.... like they were reawakening some very dorment brain cells.

So what was your favourite? only you can decide, star wars toys :)

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
The only one I can remember but don't know what set or vehicle/ship it was advertising was the one where the background was black Darth Vader was holding Princess Leia prisoner, loads of Stormtroopers lined up and Han, Luke, Chewie and the droids arrive to rescue her.

Haven't the faintest idea whether it was just the figures being advertised, as never seen this clip uploaded on you tube, but it is the only Star Wars toy advert I remember

sith-smith

Grand Master
Stormtrooper37 said:
The only one I can remember but don't know what set or vehicle/ship it was advertising was the one where the background was black Darth Vader was holding Princess Leia prisoner, loads of Stormtroopers lined up and Han, Luke, Chewie and the droids arrive to rescue her.

Haven't the faintest idea whether it was just the figures being advertised, as never seen this clip uploaded on you tube, but it is the only Star Wars toy advert I remember

I remember a similar add. If we're remembering the same one, then it's the Imperial troop transporter if i remember correctly.

sith-smith

Grand Master
In fact I've just watched all those adds and it was the 3rd one that came on. Transporter and falcon!

8)

kingshearer

Jedi Master
Thanks for posting. Vaguely remember the tagline 'Only you can decide'. Those adverts are superb - almost better than the films!
And figures at £1.50 or less is just so damn frustrating why was I not loaded back then.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I love old threads resurfacing like this... Not sure I remember any of them, but having said that we didn't really have the TV on a lot as kids, other than oddly to turn over when the Why Don't You credits started :lol: ; If we did, it was the BBC in the main, so adverts weren't a real memory for me.. Most of the time we were either out on the BMX's or playing with the toys themselves or my brother's Action Force ones. Great to see now though! 8)

yoda

Sith Lord
I can definitely remember the speeder bike ad! I remember trying that myself with the chair legs as trees. I think I have faint memories of the rancor pit and ewok village.
Cool love watching them I remember the excitement when they come on tv.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom