burnsy

Sith Lord
Got a whisper they are filing the new Aliens film at Pinewood at the mo.

Pinewood is 5 minutes down the road and a Dad from the school works there, hoping for a visit very soon.

I'll try and nab a facehugger for you Josho :wink:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
That actually sounds reasonably promising.
I don't mind the Alien V's Predator films, they are mindless entertainment for an hour, but they are utter rubbish compared to the orginal Aliens films.

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Great site Josh, lots of very cool toys I didn't know existed. Love the Dark Crystal proof. Any plans on expanding that focus?

burnsy

Sith Lord
Not yet mate, to be honest it's a fukcin long shot.

Apparently this guy is pretty high up in Pinewood so need to organise a visit to the pub with him.

I done a days work experience at Pinewood when I was 16 as I wanted to get into Special Effects.
I was with Image Animation for the day, met Bob Keen who ran the show.

They were prepping for HellRaiser 3 and Children of The Corn 2 when I was there.

I had the most amazing day there. They had props from Hellraiser, Nightbreed and there was actually a Taun Taun head sitting on a shelf
that was used in ESB. I realised that day I had no where near the talent that these guys had. They were sculpting in clay and making prosthetics
as IA were not massively into CGI back then. I took a long some of my latex bits and pieces that I had done and Bob Keen thought I was going for an interview.

Looking back on that, if I was more prepared and been a bit more savvy I may have been able to get a job as teaboy or runner or something.
Oh how life may have been different :roll: . Pinewood is an amazing place and it's looking to go through a massive revamp over the next 5 years with a huge expansion.

I'll have to get the kids interested and get them working over there!!!

spoons

Grand Master
not seen this before Josh - great blog and an outstanding Lego collection :shock:

ratemycollection

Youngling
Wow, those collections are outstanding!

What's it gona take to get you to put some of those babies on www.ratemycollection.com. You'd be top stop!

We'd love to have you aboard! You're blog is great and well done to you for taking the initiative on that one. RateMyCollection.com has a lot of global traffic from the familiarity of the domain name alone so you can get some serious exposure for your collection.

Get a collection on the site and you get a free Limited Edition Founder Member Pin Badge (free postage to the UK). See link below for details. we've still got badges with serial numbers less than 10. So act now and you can pick one of those up to add to your pin boards.

http://www.ratemycollection.com/news/news_view.php?id=32

Good Luck with your Collections!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom