The Web's First Star Wars site!

Darin1138

Padawan
I started this about 6 years ago but had to stop due to having a 3 year old. Now that's she is a lot older, I thought I would try to keep this going. It's a vintage Star Wars site about the toys or movies. However it takes place in 1978. I am just in the starting stage so looking for thoughts and ideas. I will try to keep it close to the real timeline as I can. Also anyone on Windows, can you tell me if the music is playing on the main page? Its working on the Mac but not for a friend.
thanks
http://www.firststarwars.tk/

Darin1138

Padawan
It seems, even if I dont remember, a few years ago I was banned from that forum for being annoying, I am told. I am sorry for anything I did wrong and I thought, or hoped the time gone (few years) I would be welcome or at least over looked at coming back. I was wrong. No hard feelings to him or the site. I am not sure what I did but was told I was annoying to others. I hope the time (years) away from the forums have made me a better person. Please do not judge me on what I may have done (years) before.

itfciain

Grand Master
Hi mate

Just seen your reply so dont worry about my PM. I am not really familiar with site politics but understand that the RS site does have a bit of a reputation for intolerance.

You must have pissed them off pretty bad though for an instant ban - still people do change.

Cheers
Iain

Darin1138

Padawan
I reply to your PM also, if I wasn't to be trusted, I would have came here and not been so up front about who I was at RS. But I have nothing to hide. I was annoying, they dont like people to post more than a few times day, so I broke the rule that I didnt know was a rule. Case closed.

Joe

Grand Master
Sorry I have to ask - is it you thats called Shane on his personal number about your ban on RS? If so and you want to put things in the past you should really get over this thing, RS isn't for you so don't try to get back in there..

BTW- I am not going to put a link to your site on my site as I don't know you from Adam and you seem to only want to use me for promoting your own thing.

Darin1138

Padawan
I didnt call any, i dont know anyone's number here and like i said, that was in the past, I dont care to get back on RS that bad to call and beg someone to let me back on.

that's cool on no linking, understand can't just link to people you don't know but far warning. I can't link to yours and let you get 2 more hits a year! lol joking. it's cool really.

Happy collecting:

PS>So that I dont ask again, what site is yours?

Joe

Grand Master
Well you should know what site I run because you emailed me there a few days ago telling me what a great site it was and how you would love to get your site on my links page..

I am the one that didn't reply.

Sorry man, just have a bad feeling about you- no offense but I will just get off this train before it derails. "Happy collecting" to you as well .

Darin1138

Padawan
No I emailed a LOT of site, some didn't write back. I think your was trilogo but i am sure cause I believe the guys on the podcast said something about a Joe and that site being new.
No need to trust me, not asking to hang out.
Happy collecting

Chewie

Jedi Master
Darin are you bonkers? I've just been looking at your Star Wars site.

Am i right in saying you want us all to join and pretend its 1978 and this is the first Star Wars website? :?

Darin1138

Padawan
Bonkers? I guess so. lol

As for my site, like anyone with a site, traffic to it is nice (who would make a site and not want people to see it?) But there is no Ads and its not make money. It's just for fun, nothing more, nothing less.

Just had a idea after talk to some guys that I meet up with from TheForce.net at Dragon Con and we were talking about "how cool it would be if we had a site back then". I know the site is a strange idea and little dumb and its not really aimed for the collector but more for those that grow up with Star Wars back when it was new. (ones that know the old local BBS looks and style).
If you want to come, if anyone wants to come and "play along" thats fine, if not that fine also, I know its not for everyone. Its just a site hobby (as was other sites I did or helped with. Natalie Portman site in the 90s AmericasQueen.com, Zach-Braff.com, FavreauNews.com, MovieBlabble.com) I havent done a site in a few years and thought why not try this idea again. Kind lays out what was going on during that time cause I match most of the news with a real timeline. I may get sick of myself soon, who knows. I hope not, I hope I can at least keep it going as a "What if" site until after the Jedi release timeline. I first made this site in 2001ish and cause of it I got to meet and have fun with a lot of fans of Star Wars. Had a lot of fun but due to a death in the family and a baby, I couldn't keep it going. Again, its not for all. If you like it, fine, if not that's good to. That's the good thing about the web.

Damn I am going on and on. Happy collecting to you also

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Darin1138 said:
It seems, even if I dont remember, a few years ago I was banned from that forum for being annoying, I am told. I am sorry for anything I did wrong and I thought, or hoped the time gone (few years) I would be welcome or at least over looked at coming back. I was wrong. No hard feelings to him or the site. I am not sure what I did but was told I was annoying to others. I hope the time (years) away from the forums have made me a better person. Please do not judge me on what I may have done (years) before.

As long as you are in the accepted crowd you can screw over your friends at RS as much as you like..they have been defending this aswad for three years straight......
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=3238995&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=5
:D :D :D :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom