champions league

jayjedi

Sith Lord
well done utd, crafty giggsy, very crafty. unlucky arsenal but i think they will still progress through. i even think celtic have a chance, just go and score in milan .

good luck to the pool and chelsea tomorrow, although if chelsea loose i will laugh

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
i thought we were keeping every thing in the of topic .
did you see nevil and fergie .didnt like being shouted ay neville :cry:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
:oops: Missed the lot, got dragged to the cinema by the wife.
Heard Giggsy's goal was a bit shifty. Although it all depends what the ref signals when United position the ball. I have seen the goal Lille had disallowed and it look fine to me, I guess that's football though (everyone knows United cheat! :wink: )

Was a bit surprised by Arsenal losing in Eindhoven, not that PSV are a bad side, just thought Arsenal would have too much for them. Can see them struggling to score twice against them. PSV are no idiots and are quite capable of going to the Emirates and frustrating the life out of Arsenal (obviously now I've said that they will go there roll over and loose 4-0)

Can't see Celtic doing much though, their away record is pish and I reckon AC will have too much for them.

Fingers crossed for al the British sides though

Jukesy

Sith Lord
LIV LIV LIVERPOOL FC :D :D :D :D :D

Come on the boys, thought it was an inspirational performance tonight and Arbeloa done well on his debut AND playing at left back!! Thought Barcelona was simply average, we now have the upper hand for when we play them in 2 weeks time....

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Great result, not many teams win at the Nou Camp.
Still all to play for though, Barca nick an early goal at Anfield and it's gonna be hard to watch.

Still what would you rather your team did w0n 2-1 in Barcelona or a sneaky 1-0 in france...........close call that! :D

spoons

Grand Master
hats off to the pool, not too shabby at all

not sure I agree with Jay though, i think we might struggle at home, win 2 - 1 and go out on the away goals :cry:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
You could be right Spoons, PSV are pretty decent outfit. Although on their day Arsenal can give anyone a damn good hiding!

spoons

Grand Master
weasel said:
You could be right Spoons, PSV are pretty decent outfit. Although on their day Arsenal can give anyone a damn good hiding!

any team in mind weasel :wink:

I think Arsene should just play the kids in all the remianing games. In our last two performances, it looked like half the team weren't interested

jayjedi

Sith Lord
i think arsenal will be fine even if psv score .

As for fergie and neville , i thought fregie was a bit out of order. neville was only doing what we have all done when we were younger
" come back and play, you can be man u if you want" :lol: :lol:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
jayjedi said:
i think arsenal will be fine even if psv score .

As for fergie and neville , i thought fregie was a bit out of order. neville was only doing what we have all done when we were younger
" come back and play, you can be man u if you want" :lol: :lol:

i dont think thats the last of it

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
:lol: Yeah Spoons I was thinking about the hidin your lot gave poor Blackburn earlier in the season! :wink:

jayjedi

Sith Lord
do you think lille will get banned?

the police were well out of order. any european police force are just looking for an excuse to attack english fans , as they expect trouble....... but not with the, italians, turkish, dutch, german fans oh no just the english :roll:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Hhhhmmmm not sure.

I'm not sure UEFA will have the balls to kick them out, they will prob wait until after the United game, hoping United beat them. Then maybe make them play behind closed doors or some other minimal punishment.
I think at the end of the day it was bad policing and stewarding, and its Lens's stadium NOT Lille's so I'm guessing Len's and the local police are responsible for it.

The English fans still have a terrible reputation on the continent (partly deserved I have to say) but they aren't the worst that has to be the Turks by a country mile.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah I saw the first 15 mins and thought the same, thankfully it wasn't.

No idea why clubs on the Continent continue to use 10 foot wire fences.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom