Comprehensive Guide to Baggies

Frunkstar

Grand Master
IG88

palitoy-i OPEN momike.jpg

Palitoy-i - photo Courtesy of momike OPEN/NEVER SEALED & being included as these have been confirmed from woolies 99p 8 packs

IMGP9883_zps8idtses1.jpg

Palitoy-u - PHOTO COURTESY OF - Laurence Dyer NOTE the weapons error - packed with a bespin blaster

IMGP1341_zps1eca22b7.jpg

Euro-e/B - has to date been found in this baggie with Hong Kong & No COO

12119521_10208186126354692_1831297522_o_zpsjtugfxkq.jpg

ESB-b - PHOTO COURTESY OF - Chris Fawcett this is for me a huge find & a most thankful ease after wanting conformation for years of this baggie, it was speculated that IG88 was also found in this baggie type in the special offer bounty hunters Darth Vader carry case, but till now no conformation, very good to lay this one to ready, But (always a but ain't there) it has now also been confirmed that although this baggie type is specific solely to that vader case, it was not always all 3 figures in this baggie, with ESB-a type also confirmed found in one (Bossk), so with a few fett's having turned up as well as a few Bossk's, so maybe if several of the cases turned up with IGGY in an ESB-a baggie it would make more sense why we never ever seen them come up for sale, this is the first & only confirmed example I have ever seen of this baggie/figure combo, please also see the Special Offer Vehicles & Playsets section (Page 7) for further photos showing all 3 baggies in the case.

ESB-c IG88 Andrew Neo.jpg

ESB-c - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo
ESB-d.JPG

ESB-d

ESB-a 1st IG88 Andrew Neo.jpg

ESB-a 1st issue -Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

ADD to guide.JPG

ESB-e this one is likely as rare if not rarer than the ESB-b

ESB-h IG88 Andrew Neo.jpg

ESB-h - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Imperial Hoth Stormtrooper

IMGP5585_zps0e753162.jpg

Palitoy-a

Palitoy-i OPEN momike.jpg

Palitoy-i (open baggie) - photo Courtesy of momike, including this open (never taped) example as they have been confirmed in woolies 99p 8 packs

Franck Euro-a 4.jpg

Euro-a & to date only the 2nd example to have ever been seen, the other is shown in the pre production section as it is one from the find in the 90's with all Q.C sign off card, Courtesy of Dorothée Drouin Franck Gada

IMGP2019.jpg

Euro-d YPS exclusive (Black G.I.Joe gun) only 2 examples of this baggie have ever been confirmed, as the figure usually came in a paper bag or loose, the figure (loose) was also issued with the standard rifle, but both bagged examples have been with the G.I Joe gun, both reside in black hole collections.

IMGP7204_zpscb0aef2a.jpg

SW-a - Small font

ESB-a Hoth trooper Andrew Neo.jpg

ESB-a - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

IMGP0182.jpg

ESB-c

ESB-d%20popy_zpsjwejrhcw.jpg

ESB-d (popy)

ESB-f-HothTrooper-38941_zps520e72ec.jpg

ESB-g

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Jawa - this ones for you Ed (if you ever come back :p ) - we miss you!

IMGP6398.jpg

Palitoy-a

IMGP0128_zpsrd4ptl4o.jpg

Palitoy-d

IMGP6393.jpg

Palitoy-i

IMGP6617_zps7f130618.jpg

Euro-g - this classification will be being removed from this guide & also the main guide, sadly after doing much looking into this baggie style which has been found both tape sealed & more recently heat sealed it has been discovered they all seem to trace back to Jeff Glanville & can be regarded as FAKE!, it would seem way back when Bill Rodgers (Billy Boy) did his spate of faked baggies, he did some of these in tape sealed format & they have been copied many years later with the next fakes fiasco, talk about bloody ironic, a faker faking a previously faked baggie to pass off as authentic :?

It has been determined the super powers baggies or possibly even Glamour Girls baggies have been used to create this style of fake baggie, DO NOT BUY THEY ARE 100% FAKE =(

Additional - Please note a new Euro-g classified baggie is now shown in the non Kenner guide in place of this one

Andy%20Clarke_zpsdl6zrmqg.jpg

SW-a - Small font - PHOTO COURTESY OF Andy Clarke

IMGP1445.jpg

SW-b

IMGP3000_zps757b89ba.jpg

SW-d - Small font

IMGP7162_zps23a7d0d9.jpg

SW-f

IMGP0073.jpg

ESB-c

IMG951633_zpsa0d29990.jpg

image1_(1).png

jawa_baggiePaul_Armory.jpg

ESB-c Vinyl cape - UNCONFIRMED & AWAITING AFA APPROVAL EDIT 20/9/15I never heard anything back, so assume AFA never graded or authenticated this, TBH I am 99% sure this is not a legitimate baggie as it would have (IMO) been found in a SW issue baggie if ever released, but we will see what AFA have to say about it. EDIT 20/09/15- I have now seen a 2nd example of this baggie & got some back story regarding it, as the story goes, a kid got a jawa (cloth cape) on a carded figure, there was some kind of defect with the figure, so the father sent a letter to Kenner, they then sent out a replacement for the son & when it turned up it was a VCJ n an ESB-c baggie, the kid was very upset as it had (a shitty plastic cape) & never even opened it, the figure was then placed in a draw unopened & left.Now I can not confirm its legitimacy, but it's a very plausible story,Kenner using overstock to send out as replacements, this would also tie in the figure being issued in a later ESB era baggie type, but REMEMBER - this can not be confirmed so as before is pure speculation, though very exciting speculation :p - 2 more examples found, though no closer to finding out if they are real or fake, but assume fake unless we get some provenance, at least we have images we can actually see now after that tiny image for all these years lol I think we can quite safely say the final pic is of a fake as it's ESB-d & just look at that cape

IMGP5666_zps7b57ef28.jpg

ESB-d

IMGP6875_zpsc8290b9e.jpg

ROTJ-j

Lots more great & detaild info on Jawa's can be found here - http://madbrownz.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog-page.html

b1c09f9e-cb32-4338-9b4d-d504945f1b9e_zps89vxzhuo.jpg

I figured it would be nice to include this photo I have stored of the great jawa baggie find a coupe of years back, not often you see a palitoy jawa baggie crop up for sale, this guy had 7 as well as some kenner's too (SW-b) what a cash

SADLY IT HAS BEEN DISCOVERED THAT THIS FIND ARE MOSTLY FAKES!! all the Palitoy-i baggies in this find are faked - the palitoy-i baggie is still a known & confirmed, this is an isolated cash from a single collector from the find back in 2014

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Klaatu - The Green goblin :lol:

IMGP7210.jpg

Palitoy-a - (Brown Fur)

Palitoy-b Klaatu Andrew Neo.jpg

Palitoy-b (White Fur) note the bag within the baggie to protect the skirt, only fond in a few baggie types - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

IMGP9384_zpsz6ggqq1n.jpg

Palitoy-n

IMGP9874_zpscmlipexy.jpg

Palitoy-u - PHOTO COURTESY OF - Laurence Dyer

unnamed_(2).jpg

Euro-a

IMGP0180.jpg

ESB-c (Brown Fur)

IMGP7768.jpg

ESB-h (White Fur)

photo7_zps9352c285.jpg

Kenner Internal PHOTO COURTESY OF Gary Borbidge This one came in the same batch as all the other Kenner internal baggies, but had an elastic band securing it, I presume the tape gave way at some point & was replaced with the band, dam shame, but is identical to the other internal baggies, so I felt it worthy of inclusion as its obviously genuine.

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Lando Bespin

Palitoy-a%20-%20Scotts_zpslfdzbvvr.jpg

Palitoy-a- teeth - PHOTO COURTESY OF - Snaggletooth

IMGP9876_zpsfsdzctvk.jpg

Palitoy-u - PHOTO COURTESY OF - Laurence Dyer

IMGP2700_zps0898c0e7.jpg

Euro-b teeth

IMGP0094_zpsowo8cdru.jpg

Euro-b teeth - same as above, but with the inclusion of the Meccano red sticker (free figure offer)

IMGP0438.jpg

ESB-c - No Teeth

ESB-c Teeth Lando Andrew Neo.jpg

ESB-c Teeth

IMGP7122.jpg

ESB-d Teeth - I (think) both ESB-c & d versions have been found with & without smile/teeth examples from memory

IMGP0988.jpg

ESB-h No Teeth

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Leai Bespin

leia_b10_zpsddbea71c.jpg

Palitoy-a PHOTO COURTESY OF DEL

SAM_8819_zpsxbz1z8oy.jpg

Palitoy-i (open bag & Turtleneck) PHOTO COURTESY OF - Kevin Bletsoe Under normal circumstances I do NOT include open baggies in the guide, BUT due to the fact that these Palitoy-i's have been encountered on numerous occasions in this fashion, both on their own with mint figures & accessories as well as no tape residue on the baggies whatsoever & also in sealed woolies 8 packs, I have to assume that they were found both open & in tape sealed formats.

IMGP9898_zpstgrt38rd.jpg

Palitoy-q PHOTO COURTESY OF -Laurence Dyer Error baggie - unpainted foot & also the worlds only confirmed example which traces directly back to Palitoy (3p0 case find)

LeiaBespinJays_zps59d74941.jpg

SW-a - Small font - PHOTO COURTESY OF psybertech This is a very very rare baggie indeed having come only in the ESB figure stand mock up & to date from what I know one of 2 examples know.

IMGP8060_zps30ec37b7.jpg

Another SW-a - Small font - example, but I am waiting for info on this as it looks like it may have a different family figure in, EDIT 20/9/15 - confirmed different family.

IMGP7112.jpg

ESB-a - 1st issue (Turtle Neck) - considered a very rare baggie, only ever having been found in one 4 figure MP

ESB-c Leia Bespin Andrew Neo.jpg

ESB-c - Flesh Neck - alternate face sculpt (the fugly one) - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

Excellent guide for the figure can be found here - http://leia.bespin.info/

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Leia Boushh - this one's for you Dennis!

IMGP0055_zpsrnnvevox.jpg

Palitoy-p

unnamed1_zps0ede22ad.jpg

Euro-a - Photo courtesy of cantina_patron

IMGP0100_zpsnzjubwnv.jpg

Euro-a - same as above, but with the inclusion of the Meccano red sticker (free figure offer)

ESB-d Boushh Andrew Neo.jpg

ESB-d - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

IMGP7241.jpg

ESB-h

IMGP8365.jpg

ROTJ-a

IMGP9454.jpg

ROTJ-e

ROTJ-h Boushh Andrew Neo.jpg

ROTJ-h note the second inner baggie for the helmet, only a couple of baggies types came with it - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Leia Poncho/Endor

IMGP6150.jpg

Palitoy- (ex palitoy-a) confirmed fake / traces back to Bill Rodgers, you can just about make out a tiny piece of blue tack on the grip of the pistol, has since been opened/figure removed

SAM_8822_zpsynecepvv.jpg

Palitoy-i (open bag) PHOTO COURTESY OF - Kevin Bletsoe Under normal circumstances I do NOT include open baggies in the guide, BUT due to the fact that these Palitoy-i's have been encountered on numerous occasions in this fashion, both on their own with mint figures & accessories as well as no tape residue on the baggies whatsoever & also in sealed woolies 8 packs, I have to assume that they were found both open & in tape sealed formats.

IMGP0166.jpg

ESB-c

IMGP1534.jpg

ESB-i

IMGP1878.jpg

Same as the ROTJ-j - (woolies 8 pack) but examples have been found open / taped & even stapled, so not technically a ROTJ-j even though the top seal & font are identical, as this was only issued via palitoy, this is a baggie type that till this day I have not created a classification for what with it's multiple incarnations as well as it being identical bar the heat seal to it's kenner counterpart, also found in the endor chase set UNCLASSIFIED TO DATE (PENDING)

Palitoy unclassified momike.jpg

Much better image of the above baggie - photo Courtesy of momike UNCLASSIFIED TO DATE (PENDING)

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Lobot This ones for you Mark

IMGP0877.jpg

Palitoy-a

IMGP9888_zpshgnt2lk4.jpg

Palitoy-k font type B (ex palitoy-p - see non kenner guide) - PHOTO COURTESY OF Laurence Dyer

IMGP6965.jpg

ESB-c

IMGP7115.jpg

ESB-c - Both White Arms

ESB-d Lobot Andrew Neo.jpg

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Logray

Palito-a momike.jpg

Palitoy-a photo Courtesy of momike

IMGP0436.jpg

Palitoy-k

Euro-i Logrey Andrew Neo.jpg

Euro-i - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

IMGP6712_zpsa9d69ce5.jpg

ESB-a -1st issue

ESB-h Jake Neilheisel.jpg

ESB-h Photo Courtesy of Jake Neilheisel

IMGP7254.jpg

ROTJ-d - Weapon packed upright

IMGP8372.jpg

ROTJ-d - With Weapon Paked facing down - Note that this baggie is found with & without the weapon in the baggie as it was found to split the bags, so later example came with the weapon separately, see below -

IMGP7720.jpg

ROTJ-d - No Weapon

IMGP8056_zps5b577d6b.jpg

IMGP8057_zps4705a650.jpg

ROTJ-d No Weapon in bag but weapon taped to back of bag - a new one on me, but 100% authentic as it came with a multi pack, god there are too many variations on this baggie & I hate Ewoks :lol:

IMGP0986.jpg

ROTJ-e

IMGP8419_zpsfd26395f.jpg

Kenner internal V2

IMGP9380_zpszgocjoft.jpg

IMGP9381_zpsckqviosi.jpg

Lili Ledy (no Coo)

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Luke Bespin - This ones going out to you June ;)

IMGP9891_zpshhae4ji7.jpg

Palitoy-a - PHOTO COURTESY OF - Laurence Dyer

IMGP0878.jpg

Palitoy-b

IMGP8377.jpg

Palitoy-m - I am presuming this is a Palitoy-m baggie that is faded out from dark blue/purple to light blue, but I have my reservations, though the material type & heat seals match, so for now I will class these as m's EDIT - 20/9/15 - seen enough like this now to confirm my suspicions, so indeed a faded Palitoy-m baggie

Palitoy-q Luke Bespin Andrew Neo.jpg

Palitoy-q NOT IMO Kenner ROTJ-g that they are commonly mistaken for - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

unnamed_zps941aa2e5.jpg

Euro-e/B - Photo courtesy of Scott (snaggletooth)

SW-a Luke Bespin Andrew Neo.jpg

SW-a - Small text - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

IMGP2639_zpsfafffebb.jpg

ESB-a - 1st issue (Brown Hair)

Sven ESB-a Luke 1st.jpg

ESB-a - 1st issue (Blonde Hair) - Photo Courtesy of Sven Schneider

ESB-c Luke Bespin Andrew Neo.jpg

ESB-c - small font (Blonde Hair) - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

ESB-d Luke bespin Andrew Neo.jpg

IMGP6618_zpsab83a6b2.jpg

(possibly) ESB-h Blonde Hair Again another I have reservations about CONFIRMED AS FAKE, has been opened/figure removed

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Luke Farm Boy

Although to date I sadly have no DT example to add to this post (god aren't they expensive) EDIT 5/1/16 DT examples added, it is worth noting that it has been found in both SW-a / SW-c /SW-f baggies to date, much confusion why it would have been in a Palitoy-k baggies as the DT figures were never offered in the UK, that mystery has finally been resolved due to a new Kenner baggie classification (SW-f) - please see the new Kenner baggie guide linked on the first post of the guide ;)

IMGP2017.jpg

Palitoy-l (Dark Brown Hair) note the brighter/darker pink flesh tone on the palitoy version, this is the only know example of this one to date.

SW-a Large Text Andrew Neo.jpg

SW-a (Non DT Version) & Large Text version - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

IMGP8857.jpg

SW-a (Non DT Version) Small Text version

IMGP1748.jpg

SW-b

_1_zpsglwg2hru.jpg

SW-G which can be found in both DT & Non DT variants - PHOTO FROM GOOGLE IMAGES

IMGP6974-1.jpg

SW-d

IMAGE NEEDED

SW-c

DT%20Luke%20Alex%20Pardi_zpswdictkg9.jpg

SW-f - Photo Courtesy of ALEX PARDI - (DT Version),this can be found with both DT & Non DT saber - see below for non DT

LUKEBAGGIEGaryBorbidge_zps369a847b.jpg

SW-f - Photo courtesy of Gary Borbidge (non DT version)

IMGP6976-1.jpg

ESB-a - 1st issue

IMGP1826.jpg

ESB-a - 2nd issue (Light Brown Hair)

IMGP5665_zps532e7dfe.jpg

ESB-c (Dark Brown Hair)

ESB-c Blonde luke Andrew Neo.jpg

ESB-c Blonde - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

ESB-c Brown Andrew Neo.jpg

ESB-c Light brown hair Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

IMGP7011_zpsc545f36d.jpg

ESB-f (Light Brown Hair)

IMGP5588_zpsf70365a5.jpg

ESB-g

IMGP6457_zpseeb43972.jpg

ROTJ-a

IMGP0659_zpso0ogp9er.jpg

ROTJ-g PHOTO COURTESY OF SHANE CARTER

IMGP6980.jpg

ROTJ-i

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Luke Hoth

IMGP6284.jpg

Palitoy-b - Note that the figure is not discolored in the palitoy baggie, so the material must be of a different from the Kenner alternative which is almost always found with discoloured limbs?

IMGP8491_zps134150e1.jpg

Palitoy-u Hath Rescue Pack no text baggie - thin very soft material

IMGP0104_zpsfcoupogh.jpg

Euro-a / meccano - red sticker (free figure offer)

IMGP8013.jpg

ESB-d & to date the only Kenner baggie I have ever seen this figure in, also worth noting that this is IMO the most discolored figure found in baggies as the white in the arms & legs seems to react badly with the baggie, its very hard to find a nice white example.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Luke Jedi - This one's for you Shawn

IMGP0053.jpg

Palitoy-a

IMGP0096_zpsflotl2gq.jpg

Palitoy-a /Meccano - same as above, but with the inclusion of the Meccano red sticker (free figure offer)

Palitoy-i OPEN momike.jpg

Palitoy-i - photo Courtesy of momike, OPEN/NEVER SEALED including this open example as they have been confirmed in woolies 99p 8 packs

IMGP8366.jpg

ESB-d - Blue Saber - tought to find with the Blue Saber

ESB-d Green Samer Luke Andrew Neo.jpg

ESB-d with the Green Saber - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

IMGP7999.jpg

ESB-h

unnamed12_zps1cb55856.jpg

ESB-h - Weapons Error, rather an interesting one this, with not just one extra weapon but both saber & palace balser doubled in the baggie, photo provided by someone a while back, sadly I can't remember by whom - please get in touch if you would like crediting for the inclusion of the image

ROTJ-a Luke Andrew Neo.jpg

ROTJ-a - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

IMGP7741.jpg

ROTJ-h

IMGP8424_zpsc97d37d1.jpg

Kenner internal V2

Last edited:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Luke X-Wing

Marcs%20palitoy-b_zps092d6ahh.jpg

Palitoy-(unconfirmed) PHOTO COURTESY OF MARC CARAWAY

IMGP7025.jpg

Palitoy-q

IMGP1743.jpg

SW-d - Small font

ESB-a Luke X Andrew Neo.jpg

ESB-a - 1st issue

IMGP2257.jpg

ESB-c

ESB-g Luke X Andrew Neo.jpg

ESB-g - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

IMGP8400_zps683abb27-1-1.jpg

ESB-h

ESB-i Jake Neilheisel.jpg

ESB-i Photo Courtesy of Jake Neilheisel

IMGP7256_zps89780788.jpg

ROTJ-g

ROTJ-i Luke X Andrewe Neo.jpg

ROTJ-i - Photo Courtesy of Andrew Neo

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom