U Grade FAQ

Garydo

Padawan
ive recently started collecting again after about 10 years and all this is new news to me and its really sad, I would much rather have a beater MOC than a figure in a plastic box with a grade but that's just me.
Ive seen these on ebay an they fetch some crazy money, why?

From now on when I see a beater im buyin em up :D

lee gray

Sith Lord
Now I am not too fussed either way about U grades myself and am good friends with a guy who likes them but I just see somewhere a U graded yak face with gaffi stick. I would have presumed even if card was a bad beater it would be more valuable carded.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
It's about the history, and the card being original, mocs ...specifically beaters, and reseals, cut or sliced cards should be kept that way, not only to keep them "whole", but they offer up a chance for people like myself to build a collection on a budget, without having to pay silly money :!:

slim

Sith Lord
i almost cant believe my eyes when i see people paying sky high prices for this u graded nonsense on ebay , how many perfectly good displayable cards are being destroyed for this madness ! surely these over inflated prices wont continue as the bubble has got to burst i think ??

slim

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
Is this guy for real? £500.00 for a ****ing Snaggle tooth? £500 U-grade, my arse!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-Figure-Red-Snaggletooth-AFA-U90-Hong-Kong-/171116382471?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item27d754c907

inzaman

Sith Lord
It's crazy and that's coming from someone who has many U grades in his collection. I was looking for a 90 Bossk and Dengar - at the moment there is only U90's on the bay but its actually cheaper to buy them carded. In fact it is cheaper to buy many of the U90 figures as carded. Since getting back into collecting i have stopped tracking down U grades and am just as happy with a none U designation. In fact some of the figures i have the are 85 they could quite easily have been a 90 al but a slight bit of paint missing or something small like that. In most cases not worth paying over double for the additional grade, but i suppose it depends what you are after.

inzaman

Sith Lord
So i have been looking at trying to add some 90's to my collection as i have had a break for a while and what's happened to the prices :shock:
I kept a log of what i paid for some of my high end 90's and U90's and in some cases they are currently treble what i paid six years ago :eek:
I am now torn as to sell my 90's and U90's or pay the premium to complete what i set out to complete. I need about five more but that is like £500+ easily.

itfciain

Grand Master
Brilliant piece of reasoning from someone on RS

U-Grading must be OK because.....

"As I see it, on the other hand, U-grading adds value to the figures already owned by collectors, since carded figure(s) equivalent to their own become scarcer to find. Am I right in reasoning this way?"

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1102958-12/

So U-Grading is good because all of the MOCs we own will get more valuable... brilliant logic

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
Brilliant piece of reasoning from someone on RS

U-Grading must be OK because.....

"As I see it, on the other hand, U-grading adds value to the figures already owned by collectors, since carded figure(s) equivalent to their own become scarcer to find. Am I right in reasoning this way?"

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1102958-12/

So U-Grading is good because all of the MOCs we own will get more valuable... brilliant logic

Basically,"I've got one of X as a MOC that I'm really happy with so **** everyone else who hasn't or is just coming in to the hobby. I will just sell them mine for well over the odds"

I thought you were banned from RS :)

inzaman

Sith Lord
Have you seen the U95 on the bay :eek:

Boba Fett U95 $2,500
Greedo $1,500
Hammerhead $1,500
Zuckuss $1,200
Snowtrooper $1,100
Darth Vader $900
Luke Battle Poncho $900
General Madine $900
Warok $700
Romba $600
Paploo $600

To me it is all about the figure but in all of the above instance you could get a decent carded example for those prices :shock:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom