Seller warning: j10e5f6f6 problem with his ESB-H Baggies

Joe

Grand Master
Just a heads up guys, I recently purchased a Rebel Commando ESB-H baggie from this seller on behalf of a friend and unfortunately when it arrived I could see it was a home made job the minute I opened the package.

The listing for his "overstock" ESB-H Commando figures is here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-STARWARS-REBEL-COMMANDO-MINT-FIGURES-IN-ESB-H-BAGGIES-/111248077276?pt=UK_Collectables_SciFi_fantasyCollectables_EH&hash=item19e6e6f1dc

$_1.jpg

The problem with unmarked bags like the ESB-H variation is that custom bags often look genuine from pictures, it's not until you have the bag in hand that you can see if it's real or not.

Worryingly he has a bunch of ESB-H figures listed for sale on ebay, some look good (better than the Commando) but who knows? I'd be very cautious to be honest, if one is fake they may all be fake and I have never seen one seller have THAT many ESB-H figures for sale at once..

I have asked for a refund so will see what happens with that and report back..

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
Hi Joe, His baggies have come up for discussion before, might be worth asking frank to take a look as so far I'm sure they have all turned out to be good.

walkie

Sith Lord
I've dealt with Jeff on and off eBay several times in the past without any issues.

I do know however he buys in bulk from the USA and turns over alot of stuff on ebay, so whilst I won't defend him it possibly an honest mistake.

Fingers crossed the refund comes through ok.

Joe

Grand Master
jambobbyb said:
Hi Joe, His baggies have come up for discussion before, might be worth asking frank to take a look as so far I'm sure they have all turned out to be good.

Haha I thought I remembered the name but couldn't think of where I had seen it. I spoke to Frank (even though I was sure it was fake) and he confirmed he bought one and thought the same as me but is keeping his as a novelty.

The seller may have bought them in good faith, I am not saying he's making them as I have seen him list quite a few legit baggies too but nevertheless the one I bought is not original :(

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
Now that's worrying, as he he has some very nice baggies. I might stick clear in future as where the hell do you find this many multiples of baggies?

JFK

Jedi Master
Same here ive bought a few pieces of jeff and nice guy and no problems ive just recently got a sealed snaggletooth and the condition blew me away

I have had dealings with this seller on ebay before- no problems regarding the sealed baggies I purchased from him which I later sent away to be graded. All came back perfectly fine :D

Djbighair

Jedi Master
Again, I have bought a few bits off him. All bar one have seemed fine. I have full confidence in him. As mentioned he has been buying baggies for 20 plus years and buys in bulk from the states. Had a few graded and all been fine.

ESb h are a weird one as the easiest to fake.

Joe

Grand Master
Update:

Jeff got back to me and while he is adamant he bought these in bulk as overstock he has said if I am unhappy I can have a refund.

I am going to get that refund.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom