What would be an equal equivalent of a Falcon?

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Been working in a factory today and been chatting to a bloke who works in there regarding Star Wars. Him and his younger brother are huge fans.

He was telling me a story today about Christmas 1982 he was 7 and his younger brother Ben was 5. This Christmas was the first time they got any Star Wars toys, he did state that his parents didn't know anything about Star Wars, but both him and his brother got a ship plus three figures.

The bloke I was talking to got a falcon this Christmas plus Luke farmboy, Darth Vader and Boba Fett. Not a bad way to start your Star Wars collection.
Now his parents bought his brother different items so they could put their toys together, now the question is with the toys that were out in time for Xmas 82 what would be the equivalent that his parents could have got his brother that was on par with the falcon and his three figures?

Will put up later what his parents got his brother. Just want to hear what people think he should have received to match his brothers haul.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Some good ships in there, in my opinion to see my brother open the falcon, which had so much play value I'd have been after at least something like the at-at or Death Star play set.

Webby72

Padawan
I'm guessing it's going to be something sh1t and nothing to do with SW's at all. Trying to think what was around then, action man, zoids ( might be to early) matchbox powertrack although wasn't sh1t!!

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
It gonna be really **** ....and I bet his brother is apple of parents eye and he.s now a smack ed.............fx7 .leai. lobot ...rebel transporter

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
His brother received a land speeder plus Leia organs, DSC and a power droid. Not really a comparison to what he'd received. He said his brother even at five was really put out that he'd got this falcon, he told me that to annoy his brother he didn't let him play with his figures or falcon all Christmas although his brother pulled his farmboy legs off to get back to him.

Seemingly he has them opening his Christmas presents on cine camera and you can see his brothers disappointment, he also states that Christmas video near the end you see his farmboy with no legs also on camera. I've asked if he could get me a copy of the video with the Star Wars sections and he said he'll try and get it off his parents, if he does I'll get it posted up on here.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
I was gonna say land speeder ...but I always loved it as it was a ship my mate had and I only got to play with it at his

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
jabbawokkie said:
I was gonna say land speeder ...but I always loved it as it was a ship my mate had and I only got to play with it at his

I love the land speeder too but no way did it ever have the playability of the falcon

sparkysx

Sith Lord
It had to be something subpar with the build up, even my sister was pissed off when u got my esb falcon in 1982, I have that on video!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Slave 1 is a great shout but to be honest in 1982 if my sister had got MF the only thing that would have matched it was the MF :mrgreen:

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
AT-AT most def would have more than matched the Falcon back then 8) and some of the hot new Empire figures out at the time would have been a fair match :wink:

x-pack

Grand Master
At-At with Darth Vader, At-At driver and At-At commander :)

How much were the At-At and Falcon back then?

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
One year at christmas, i got this radio controlled car, and my brother got a computer (spectrum, I think). My parents also got him a radio controlled car too, just smaller than mine.

They both went at the same speed, and mine ate through the rechargeable batteries in about 5 minutes, whereas his smaller car used to go for about 45. I was well put out. Resented that for ages. And the little twat wouldn't let me play on his computer whilst I waited for my batteries to charge.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
x-pack said:
At-At with Darth Vader, At-At driver and At-At commander :)

How much were the At-At and Falcon back then?

I rem the AT-AT costing around £36 from Argos. The Falcon would have been somewhere in the £20 range. However my mothers friend used to do late night shopping in Tesco and one eve they got a pallet board of Kenner imported AT-ATs which flew out at around £22 each, so got one of them for X-mas :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom