Biggest stitch up down the years

SOJ

Sith Lord
I bought most of my loose figures between 2000 and 2007, 5 figures short of a full set. Vast majority from eBay. I became aware of repro's early on and took people at there word when they said weapons were original.

Had them all in storage since 2007 and recently took them out to do an inventory.

Having been out the hobby for so long finding out how bad repro had gotten decided I'd check everything using the imperial gunnery as reference.

I was shocked to find I had 11 repro's in my collection. Nearly 15% of what I'd bought was shite.

I've pretty much back filled everything not, but hate having been duped and by more than one person. Bastards.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 778

SOJ

Sith Lord
Grant said:
One of my first deals getting back in to the hobby back in like late 2006/ early 2007. I sent some fu*king con artist £1700 in the form of a cheque for what I naively thought was 96/97 *original* carded figures. Looking back *now* with hindsight and knowledge learned they would have all been re-cards. If that isn't bad enough I didn't even get my package. I got a tracking number that couldn't be tracked. Long story short. I lost out on the entire £1700. After some serious words to self I came to the conclusion that it was my fault for sending the money down as a cheque. Iv never payed for anything again by cheque.

What a mug... It was embarrassing writing this but I think lots of people get bumped in the hobby unfortunately. Pretty sure the EBay guys name was Dennis Mayfield or something similar. Its branded on my brain for ever... :evil:

Almost put me off the hobby altogether. Fu*king EBay...

That's ****ed up. I've been on the receiving end recently as well, nothing to that extent but what I will say is eBay have gotten their **** together protecting buyers. Just a shame not all buyers are good guys.

Grant

Sith Lord
SonOfJango said:
Grant said:
One of my first deals getting back in to the hobby back in like late 2006/ early 2007. I sent some fu*king con artist £1700 in the form of a cheque for what I naively thought was 96/97 *original* carded figures. Looking back *now* with hindsight and knowledge learned they would have all been re-cards. If that isn't bad enough I didn't even get my package. I got a tracking number that couldn't be tracked. Long story short. I lost out on the entire £1700. After some serious words to self I came to the conclusion that it was my fault for sending the money down as a cheque. Iv never payed for anything again by cheque.

What a mug... It was embarrassing writing this but I think lots of people get bumped in the hobby unfortunately. Pretty sure the EBay guys name was Dennis Mayfield or something similar. Its branded on my brain for ever... :evil:

Almost put me off the hobby altogether. Fu*king EBay...

That's ****ed up. I've been on the receiving end recently as well, nothing to that extent but what I will say is eBay have gotten their **** together protecting buyers. Just a shame not all buyers are good guys.

It certainly is. It protects the buyer a bit TOO much sometimes too. Last August/September I sold an Adidas Leather Jacket. It was in perfect condition. 4/6 weeks pass so i decide to leave positive feedback about my end of the deal. None was left by the buyer. Then within 24 hours of me leaving positive feedback on EBay the buyer opens an EBay dispute saying the item didn't arrive. I was blown away by this because I sent the jacket tracked etc. I even emailed the buyer passing over the tracking via EBay at the time of the sale.

Skip forward I upload the tracking number in the disputed case so case gets closed.

Then the cheeky Fu*ker opens another dispute saying that the item arrived but wasn't as described. At this point I'm well aware that the guy is nothing but a chancing lying MoFo. So reluctantly I ask the buyer to return the jacket for a full refund as long as the jacket is in the same condition as it was when i originally sold it in.

Skip forward another few days I receive something in the mail from the buyer. Its a .... small brown paper envelope containing a fu*king Bus timetable for Cumbria, No jacket... The cheeky ******** uploaded his tracking number on EBay and ended up getting refunded his £250 that he payed me for the jacket. I got nothing but a severe headache.

The buyer was called Seatwavetickets. If you haven't already put this guy on your *block* list. This one still pi$$es me off.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Section 8 said:
I bought a VC jawa a good few years ago for around £5 and realised it was a repro cape and gun straight away. It displayed well but didn't really want to keep it in my collection. It looked pretty like an original so I just sold it to an unwitting upstart for £120 a few weeks later.

I had a bloody great time with the money so hope this happy story cheers you up a bit.

:shock:

Jez

Sith Lord
Section 8 said:
I bought a VC jawa a good few years ago for around £5 and realised it was a repro cape and gun straight away. It displayed well but didn't really want to keep it in my collection. It looked pretty like an original so I just sold it to an unwitting upstart for £120 a few weeks later.

I had a bloody great time with the money so hope this happy story cheers you up a bit.

newhampshire-understand-1.gif

http://www.wotyougot.com/pictures//2013/03/justin-bieber-what-the-****-did-you-say.gif

Now i knows you wus joking, right?

mumbo

Sith Lord
Grant you've been shafted once too often ****ing scumbags :evil:

Thankfully I haven't bought a VCJ otherwise I'd probably have been stitched up too, otherwise I haven't really been on the end of anything too severe just the odd repro and poorly described figure :roll:

Jez

Sith Lord
Man, Grant that's awful mate, thanks for sharing. You're right, i bet that name is one you'll never forget.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I heard once about this scam by a bunch of shysters who will basically take a figure, either a MOC or a loose figure, and a standard acrylic case, and basically put a sticker with a little number on it in the case. They then glue the case shut and charge you a shitload of money for doing so.

The best thing is they can work out how much money you have by the value of what you have sent them, so they know exactly how much money they can swindle out of you.

Jez

Sith Lord
Have you heard the tale of a nasty big Green Cross Code man who ripped off an unsuspecting autograph hunter? :wink:

SOJ

Sith Lord
Jez said:
Have you heard the tale of a nasty big Green Cross Code man who ripped off an unsuspecting autograph hunter? :wink:

Yeah and his evil bastard of a master is in London next week charging £70.

Jez

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
I think he's already done me.

I think I may have paid more than that for him at CE2.

Ben do you walk around with a sign saying "F##k me over"?
I'm so glad you won the cases mate. You need a break!

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Looking forward to Celebration Anaheim.

Official Pix are going to bankrupt me. Please don't book Harrison Ford as an autograph guest, I can't afford it.

Bootyhunter

Jedi Master
I once bought a blue snag baggie for £220
Sent it to UKG only to learn it had been touched
up and resealed :roll:

Section 8

Sith Lord
I once bought a cheap Blue Snaggletooth which had paint loss. I just painted it and sold it on for a pile of cash to a southern sap.

Is this what trolling is?

Glad I put a smile on forceuk's face for a short while. :D

I just can't stop. It's 2am and I should go to bed before i click subm

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Jez said:

Haha proper made me smile this, glad everyone is reminding him, excellent

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Grant, that jacket story is terrible. Complete scumbag :(

Lol @ mr-shifter!

My worst one is my recently discovered ROTJ Hoth Stormtrooper MOC that I bought from a certain person at an Empire Day in Cheshunt in the mid 1990's. He had loads of them... Hate the deception involved :(

chazb73

Sith Lord
Grant those are really terrible ebay experiences :shock:

I felt bad for you reading it mate

Total scumbag - I've heard of this before. An item returned and it's an empty box. :twisted:

Grant

Sith Lord
chazb73 said:
Grant those are really terrible ebay experiences :shock:

I felt bad for you reading it mate

Total scumbag - I've heard of this before. An item returned and it's an empty box. :twisted:

Yeah Dude, there's some proper scum out there. I feel bad for anyone losing money to scumbags. Unfortunately there is no shortage of them.

theslider

Sith Lord
I'd take a small claims out against him and report him to the Police as well (not that they'll do much).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom