FAKES..

timbo72

Sith Lord
The Southbeachtoyz guy has a double pack with a B wing pilot (Was gonna go for it, but if he is selling dodgy stuff i dont wanna risk it)

Frunkstar

Grand Master
timbo72 said:
The Southbeachtoyz guy has a double pack with a B wing pilot (Was gonna go for it, but if he is selling dodgy stuff i dont wanna risk it)

I would avoid them like the plague Tim, I contcated them anout the fake baggies in that pack & he came back to me the spiel - I have seen all kinds of figures in all kinds of bags etc etc :?

I have also just been in talks with a nice guy from TIG regarding baggies & he bought one from that seller & sadly I had to give him the awful news that its a fake :| surprise surprise, guess what the seller said to him when he contacted them & it was a re seal in the wrong baggie type & a messy one at that, the seller even went as far as to say QUOTE " I am sure it is possible the tape may have lifted at 1 time? " - what a tool!

poncho

Grand Master
grinchy said:
very interesting thread, i didn't realise there was so much fake stuff around, have to be more carefull
if it looks to good to be true.............! applies too this hobby especially on ebay

grinchy

Sith Lord
Well my wife got me a couple of sets of these as she knows i have a soft spot for troopers
DSCF4537_zps301d9629.jpg

no coo on back it has GMFGI 1977
has loose limbs heres the packet
DSCF4538_zps9b3feaf5.jpg

company label is crazy toys,
i'll mark the feet of the wihite trooper and add it to the collection, just thought i'd share

TheGent

Jedi Master
Although Coo is correct, the pant colour is definitely wrong on a dark brown hair luke. Either a head swap or a painted one ...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171442280926

Whattayasay?

spoons

Grand Master
I might be shooting myself in the foot with this one but something isn't right about this, and apart from the cleanness of the card edges I cant see any obvious tells on card and bubble, but the figure isn't right - appreciate any other views as this would be a grail of mine if i'm off the mark.

The big flags are these:

The card back is a 41b which is unrecorded with Han Hoth - a flag but I've found other unrecorded cards

A bigger issue is the figure is a 31 back release and has wear on one foot. The dark eye paint and hex belt buckle stopped after 31/32 backs.

Is that a black rebel blaster too?

The cardback is also weird - looks like text at the base is in black boxes, with greyer print around v- anyone seen that on a legit card.

If it is fake its very good - if the figure and gun were right I'd be buying it

_57_zpsb8637849.jpg

_572_zps5e839673.jpg

_571_zps41646275.jpg

_574_zps688afbab.jpg

spoons

Grand Master
Joe to the rescue - tape lines on the bubble :)

https://wap.ebay.co.uk/Member/F/ViewItem.aspx?aid=281447482197&emvAD=320x372&emvcc=0&nbcol=0%7Cnull

Joe

Grand Master
No problem Andy, the double sided tape commonly used on reproductions isn't always that easy to spot though, good thing he took that picture, really shot himself in the foot. Those chubby little stems on the repro bubbles always jump right out at me too. Good spot mate.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Presumably with the Han Hoth, once you got it in hand there would be a lot more indicators that it was repro, i.e. stuff like the print, card stock, bubble etc etc.

It did seem frighteningly good to me too.

phreatobite

Jedi Master
I have no reason to suspect the seller is dodgy but the seal looks a little off (could just be lifting) and there appears to be a piece of plastic behind the figure?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-Vintage-Kenner-Star-Wars-ROTJ-Star-Destroyer-MOC-Carded-48-Back-1983-CLEAR-/141457239729?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item20ef822eb1

metroplex

Padawan
the card look´s o.k to me, the little piece of plastic is to protect the figure not to being glued to the freshly printed cardback or to risk paint apps from the card to the figure.
You can see these plastic strips on a lot of cards, mostly these which came with a vinyl cape

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom