Zuckuss $1,200
Snowtrooper $1,100
Darth Vader $900
Luke Battle Poncho $900
General Madine $900
Warok $700
Romba $600
Paploo $600

To me it is all about the figure but in all of the above instance you could get a decent carded example for those prices :shock:

Absolutely ****ing nuts :shock:
You can't get more uncirculated than having the figure still factory sealed on the card!!
What a crime to destroy a factory sealed piece however hammered it maybe :evil:

grinchy

Sith Lord
I had never heard of this before reading this thread, i think its a crazy idea to open these rare examples, i can see people doing it if there was bubble damage or similar but otherwise leave them alone. Each to there own i guess, wow

jay4

Jedi Knight
exellant 8) great link and well explained .the numbers sent in for u grading is horrifying :cry: allthough terrible and shocking i can understand why these people do it if they can achieve sums of money like that , nutts

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
I dont want to make light of mental illness, but whoever came up with this must be up for an evaluation. I cannot understand the logic of this. I'd rather have the original mint on card than this...

simoncardwell

Padawan
I haven't collected seriously since the 90's, but now that I'm back in, I'm pretty amazed all those MOC have been destroyed for mint condition loose figures. It makes no sense to me.

I consider AFA a scourge on the hobby, do you need someone to award a (sometimes arbitrary) grade to enjoy what you have? Can the buyer and seller not make an accurate judgement on the value themselves?

It distorts the market & the hobby to my eyes.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I just discovered this thread and I'm shocked! I've only just joined this forum and I can't believe how naive and uneducated I am. I honestly didn't know people sent perfectly mint carded figures to the AFA only for them to open them, rare and expensive ones too. Are these people mental? I thought the figures were only taken from battered or cut cards or even baggies, which in some peoples opinion is bad enough, but mint cards? Why would you do that? It shouldn't be allowed, AFA should refuse to open them. This really sucks and has made me rethink about my collecting. I have two U85 figures. Big soz, bought in ignorance :|

Joe

Grand Master
Just seen the AFA U graded UHU Paploo rear it's ugly head again on a ROTJ group on FB!

Grant, I must say I almost wet myself when I read your comment lol

GRANT.png

Honesty really is the best policy :lol:

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Cc4rhu said:
Smash them out and defeat this evil practice. Video it too :D

Yeah I would happily do that if I was rich! Unfortunately I can't afford to. Besides, someone else made a good point, if you smash them you might just be causing more figures to be taken off perfectly good cards. I'd rather sell them to a U-grade collector and at least fill a demand with something that's already been graded. I didn't send them in for grading and I bought them not realising the full story. Need the dosh to fund some loosies or a MOC you know. I think the problem lies with the AFA, they are the one's physically opening the cards, they need to stop U-gradng! :x

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Joe said:
What exactly did you post Lom? Sounds interesting!
Hey Joe,

Switched it into this thread as it seemed a bit more relevant on reflection:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22262&start=15

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom