Important info on Potential Toy Toni carded figure scam.

phreatobite

Jedi Master
Perhaps a silly question but Toy Toni card don't have waffle patterns do they?

What's a Toy Toni - say one of the more prevalent RotJ carded figs - worth these days?

ironfist

Padawan
phreatobite said:

No, they don't. Toy Toni fake cards just have a slick seal. He sold a lot of ROTJ cards with waffle pattern, but those are out of doubt.

I'm sorry but I don't have the answer to your second question.

spoons

Grand Master
ironfist said:
phreatobite said:

No, they don't. Toy Toni fake cards just have a slick seal. He sold a lot of ROTJ cards with waffle pattern, but those are out of doubt.

I'm sorry but I don't have the answer to your second question.

Is it confirmed that waffle seal Toni's are ok? I thought there was still doubt over 02 bubbles?

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Personally i dont think that anything linked to Toni with regards to Palitoy can be trusted 100%. I know he had crap loads of Kenner carded aswell, but those were legit. As far as Palitoy and GM,s cards go, it will forever be conjecture. Thats why i dont follow or beleive checklists that have been assembled since this all came out because in my eyes they are scaremongering and putting out incorrect information which is very dangerous.

I also beleive Toni had Palitoy logo unused cardbacks too, but again thats just my own opinion...

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Have added a deep rectangular bubble to the list of known Toni bubbles for Palitoy 45c Boba Fett:-

http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy/rotj45ccardback.htm

Jason

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Are there legit Palitoys with a slick seal that have nothing to do with Toni?

I have a minty Bib Fortuna 65 back which I still feel is too good to be true despite Bib not being on the list. It has a slick seal, no waffles. I know that Bib isn't on the list but if my suspicions are true then the list isn't definitive.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
I don't understand why people get stuck up on waffle pattern or the lack of them on Palitoy cards.

The waffle pattern as far as I understand it, is produced by the pattern of glue that was applied on the
back of the bubble when it was manufactured. It's not produced by the sealing machine, otherwise you
would see indents on the front of the bubble if this was the case.

Toni used the same leftover bubbles from the Palitoy factory that were used in the factory presses,
so there shouldn't be any difference in terms of waffle patterns between a Toni and a genuine factory
seal.

The seals can look different though, as the temperature and length of time a card was pressed for which was
used to seal the card can produce different looking seals. So Tonis will have inconsistences on that, and also be
using 20 year old glue which produces a weaker seal than glue used soon after the bubbles were made.
Factory presses will have slightly different temperatures and press times on them too, so there is a bit of
variation there too.

cheers Jason

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Thought I would add what I know with 15 years of collecting experience and having been around the block.

I used to talk to Toni often and got quite friendly, I even met him down at Sandown. I never had any issues and he gave me first choice on a collection he landed with probably the finest conditioned set of 30 and 41 backs I have seen. Many of which Gary Smith and Jay Rathour ended up with.

I do recall a long conversation probably back around 2004/5 about how someone was accusing him of fixing bubbles to cards, he seemed genuinely shocked. I remember he joked about how ridiculous the very notion of someone still producing new Palitoy carded figures. Interesting to know who that was, maybe Jason Joiner.

I am in no doubt that anything Toni had from 45a and earlier is extremely unlikely to have been tampered with. I recall he used to have multiple 45a Star Destroyer Commanders, obviously 45a Black Bespin Guards and 41 Han Hoths. All had varying degrees of wear. The Hans had creases and the BBGs had yellowed bubbles, which is consistent with all the ones I have seen since.

Toni used to acquire his figures from local auction houses, contacts and because of his advert in model and collectors mart he would get collections offered to him. There may be huge doubts over the stuff in Jason's list but a lot of the stuff he sold was genuine.

Andy

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Andyclarke said:
Thought I would add what I know with 15 years of collecting experience and having been around the block.

I used to talk to Toni often and got quite friendly, I even met him down at Sandown. I never had any issues and he gave me first choice on a collection he landed with probably the finest conditioned set of 30 and 41 backs I have seen. Many of which Gary Smith and Jay Rathour ended up with.

I do recall a long conversation probably back around 2004/5 about how someone was accusing him of fixing bubbles to cards, he seemed genuinely shocked. I remember he joked about how ridiculous the very notion of someone still producing new Palitoy carded figures. Interesting to know who that was, maybe Jason Joiner.

I am in no doubt that anything Toni had from 45a and earlier is extremely unlikely to have been tampered with. I recall he used to have multiple 45a Star Destroyer Commanders, obviously 45a Black Bespin Guards and 41 Han Hoths. All had varying degrees of wear. The Hans had creases and the BBGs had yellowed bubbles, which is consistent with all the ones I have seen since.

Toni used to acquire his figures from local auction houses, contacts and because of his advert in model and collectors mart he would get collections offered to him. There may be huge doubts over the stuff in Jason's list but a lot of the stuff he sold was genuine.

Andy

Thanks for your insight Andy. I have no doubts he sold a lot of genuine stuff as well as he was a big scale dealer. He sold a lot of Tri logo too which is legit.

Cheers Jason

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Palitoy78 said:
Personally i dont think that anything linked to Toni with regards to Palitoy can be trusted 100%. I know he had crap loads of Kenner carded aswell, but those were legit. As far as Palitoy and GM,s cards go, it will forever be conjecture. Thats why i dont follow or beleive checklists that have been assembled since this all came out because in my eyes they are scaremongering and putting out incorrect information which is very dangerous.

I also beleive Toni had Palitoy logo unused cardbacks too, but again thats just my own opinion...

Sorry can I ask why you 'believe' Tony had unused Palitoy logo cardbacks? Do you have any evidence to support this?
I can understand how Tony got hold of Jedi cardbacks after the Palitoy factory closed in 1985. As we know there were a lot of Jedi produced compared to SW and Empire and what with that plus the life of SW toys sort of coming to an end at that time there was a lot of unsold factory/shop stock-hence why we c many Jedi pieces in fantastic condition today :D But surely during the SW and Empire era with the demand outweighing the supply I wouldn't have expected one to get hold of unused cardbacks :?

As said by other members I don't really think u can make statements without having any real evidence to back U up. I have been in the game getting on for 20 years and know a fair few serious Palitoy collectors but have never heard or seen anything to support your foul play beliefs regarding logo Palitoy MOCs :!:

Your statements may well cause ill deserved scaremongering :!:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
palitoyjunky said:
Palitoy78 said:

Sorry can I ask why you 'believe' Tony had unused Palitoy logo cardbacks? Do you have any evidence to support this?
I can understand how Tony got hold of Jedi cardbacks after the Palitoy factory closed in 1985. As we know there were a lot of Jedi produced compared to SW and Empire and what with that plus the life of SW toys sort of coming to an end at that time there was a lot of unsold factory/shop stock-hence why we c many Jedi pieces in fantastic condition today :D But surely during the SW and Empire era with the demand outweighing the supply I wouldn't have expected one to get hold of unused cardbacks :?

As said by other members I don't really think u can make statements without having any real evidence to back U up. I have been in the game getting on for 20 years and know a fair few serious Palitoy collectors but have never heard or seen anything to support your foul play beliefs regarding logo Palitoy MOCs :!:

Your statements may well cause ill deserved scaremongering :!:

Lee posted the same accusations on a separate thread which he has since asked to be deleted:-

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22315

This thread is meant to be for factual evidence gathered from the main discussion thread we were using for the investigation.
Lee's comment on this thread is entirely speculative and has no factual evidence to back it up, and has no place being in this thread.

cheers Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Am adding German AT-AT Driver (without english text) to the list after being sent pics of this card to examine:-

ATATDriver_GenMillsESB45_C_P_UKG90_90_95_85-1.jpg

ATATDriver_GenMillsESB45_C_P_UKG90_90_95_85-2.jpg

Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
This is the list of affected cards:-

Clipper ESB

72* Rebel Commander
69* Bespin Security Guard White
69+ Hammerhead
56+ Walrusman
11+ Dengar

General Mills ESB

563 Han Hoth (without english text)
526 Stormtrooper (without english text)
500* Bossk (without english text)
357 C3PO Removable Limbs (without english text)
320 AT-AT Driver (with and without english text)
318 Bespin Security Guard Black (with english text)
276 IG88 (without english text)
268 21B (with english text)
194 Han Solo (with and without english text)
171 R2D2 Sensorscope (without english text)
166 Leia Bespin (with english text)
162 Han Bespin (without english text)
138 Ben Kenobi (without english text)
118 Power Droid (with english text)
90 Cloud Car Pilot (with english text)
85 Yoda (without english text)
73* Rebel Commander (with english text)
70 AT-AT Commander (with english text)
69* Bespin Security Guard White (without english text)
66* Chewbacca (with english text)
50 Leia Hoth (with english text)
36 Rebel Soldier (with english text)
26 FX-7 (with english text)
25 Princess Leia (without english text)
11 R5D4 (with english text)

General Mills ROTJ

30 Cloud Car Pilot
6^ Imperial Tie Fighter Pilot

Palitoy ESB

500* Bossk (45b back)
264 Imperial Tie Fighter Pilot (45b back)
66* Chewbacca (45b back)

Palitoy ROTJ

1234 C3PO Removable Limbs (65d back)
1126 Imperial Hoth Trooper (65d back)
885 Luke Skywalker (45c back)
482 Boba Fett (45c back)
467 Lobot (45c back)
417 Death Star Droid (45c back)
301 21B (45c back)
143 Chewbacca (65d back)
132 Luke Bespin (45c back)
105 Luke Hoth (65d back)
86 Lando Skiff Guard (65c back)
81 Logray 65c back)
60 Squid Head (65c back)
47 Han Solo (45c back)
39 AT-AT Driver (65d back)
31 Gamorrean Guard (65c back)
30 Leia Boussh (65c back)
27 AT-AT Commander (45c back)
12 Yoda (45c back)
8 Cloud Car Pilot (45c back)

*Both palitoy & clipper or german & clipper offered on toytoni.com, so a 50/50 split assumed rather than assuming all are german
+Clipper not listed, but offered on toytoni.com, no german figure offered
^Palitoy variation not known to exist, assumed to be german which does exist

Jason

kingshearer

Jedi Master
This is great detective work I hope the truth comes out soon!

I have a White Bespin 45 Palitoy which doesn't feature on this list so I presume it's legit.
I fear for my Chewie 45b and Hoth Stormtrooper though….
Over the weekend I'm going to dig them out and have a look at the bubble seals.

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291258993058?_trksid=p2055359.m1431.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Tony??? I only ask as it a 65 and the bubble is mighty long and the seal look suspect???

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
PIGCITY said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291258993058?_trksid=p2055359.m1431.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Tony??? I only ask as it a 65 and the bubble is mighty long and the seal look suspect???

Look's odd to me but I'm not good on Palitoy MOC's. Think it's fine though the long bubble was used for Chewbacca on this card.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
PIGCITY said:

Look's odd to me but I'm not good on Palitoy MOC's. Think it's fine though the long bubble was used for Chewbacca on this card.

This one looks ok too. That bubble matches a genuine shop sold bubble on my palitoy guide and there is card wear on the front and back of the card.

Jason

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom