Important info on Potential Toy Toni carded figure scam.

spoons

Grand Master
wasp said:
Hello,

Could be a very similar figure?. The link is an AFA graduate Stormtrooper, and looks identical to the one shown here jules_p:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1114934/

Cheers.

it shouldn't be the same - that's my old one and currently resides in Spain with a very disgruntled buyer. There is also a dirt smudge on the body of my old one

jules_p

Youngling
Thanks for the input guys.

There is a key question that isn't answered in my eyes - What about the factory style of bubble sealing to the MOC under uniform pressure, which I see on this MOC. Can Toni fake this I ask, if so - this could take it to another level of fakery?

Cheers,

Jules

spoons

Grand Master
Not another level of fakery - the majority of Toni's appear to have 'factory' seals which is how he fooled AFA and UKG and all of us

The 'iron' seals are only really seen on Hoth troopers and Fetts, and may have originally come from someone else other than Toni (but he sold these too)

A big mess

phreatobite

Jedi Master
There is a Toni C-3P0 and a Hoth Trooper on eBay at the moment. I alerted both sellers when I came across them because they are claiming to be originals.

The thing I find most scary is if it is the case that he replicated the waffling which was always a great way to spot fake MOCs. I'm lucky I don't have many Palitoys in my collection except for a Logray I'm now not sure about.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
I'd be very surprised if Toni went to such lengths as replicating the waffle seal or pressure marks on the reverse of the card...

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Cazzavr said:
I'd be very surprised if Toni went to such lengths as replicating the waffle seal or pressure marks on the reverse of the card...

I wouldnt be surprised. It was a well thought out and tested scam. Toni is a clever and intelligent man by all accounts, and he would have perfected his techniques. Heck , he even fooled the graders-who dont make mistakes :)

I just wish he would say something on the matter. Although it wouldnt clear him of wrong doing i beleive he could put a lot of theories to bed, and name others who done it...possibly.

spoons

Grand Master
Apparently the waffle pattern is applied to the bubble - if you seal a factory stock waffle bubble you get a waffle pattern

The only real tell seems to be AfA90 and on the list

phreatobite

Jedi Master
From a seller who has a C-3P0 on Ebay at the moment:

"I had no idea about any of that on the link you shared. Seems all a bit much. Packaging changes a lot with mass production, I'm sure. Hard whether to believe it all or not... Interesting nevertheless. I'm not going to mention anything on my listing. I have a family to support and need whatever the best price is for the item as it cost me quite a few ££'s to get it before hand. In future with these Starwars items I will have a good check and research it, so thanks for the info, if it's all legit.."

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
phreatobite said:
From a seller who has a C-3P0 on Ebay at the moment:

"I had no idea about any of that on the link you shared. Seems all a bit much. Packaging changes a lot with mass production, I'm sure. Hard whether to believe it all or not... Interesting nevertheless. I'm not going to mention anything on my listing. I have a family to support and need whatever the best price is for the item as it cost me quite a few ££'s to get it before hand. In future with these Starwars items I will have a good check and research it, so thanks for the info, if it's all legit.."

Name and shame.

Also, there is a legit one on eBay right now so post a link to the one you are referring to.

Jason

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Anyone waiting for this Toy Tony guy to give us some information forget it. He know's if he admits anything or comments on anything to do with it then it would be an admission of guilt and that is the only way he is ever going to get done for it unless someone else has solid proof and so far no one has come forward with anything. If 200 collectors stood up in court and said these are all TT's and there not factory sealed, it's still just opinions not proof. It's a complete joke and the joke is on us.

phreatobite

Jedi Master
The ebay username is stuartyoung1

His C-3P0 has all the Toni features - specifically the name plate error - and despite being directed to the info so he can amend the listing he seems intent on selling it regardless.

I should have asked; is the legit one a buy-it-now? That's the only other one I can find?

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
phreatobite said:

His C-3P0 has all the Toni features - specifically the name plate error - and despite being directed to the info so he can amend the listing he seems intent on selling it regardless.

I should have asked; is the legit one a buy-it-now? That's the only other one I can find?

Here is a link - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Starwars-Return-of-the-Jedi-C-3PO-removable-limbs-1983-Vintage-Toy-Figure-/221604463388?pt=UK_Collectables_SciFi_fantasyCollectables_EH&hash=item3398a7c31c

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Dark Sith Lord said:
phreatobite said:

Here is a link - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Starwars-Return-of-the-Jedi-C-3PO-removable-limbs-1983-Vintage-Toy-Figure-/221604463388?pt=UK_Collectables_SciFi_fantasyCollectables_EH&hash=item3398a7c31c

Yes, that one is a Toni. Surprising to see so much creasing on it. Clearly hasn't been looked after.

Jason

poncho

Grand Master
is this a tt noticed a dirt spot underneath M in ''removable' limbs' text similar to page 1 of this thread before i bid on ebay
$_57.jpg

its a pali 65 back rotj2 card with chewie bandloir offer

cheers

chris

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
ponchobelt said:
i thought so :x
im out of that auction
cheers p'bite

For those looking, this one is real:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-1983-Palitoy-Star-Wars-ROTJ-C-3PO-with-Removable-Limbs-Figure-New-Sealed-/191411391615?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2c91020c7f

Jason

ironfist

Padawan
mr_palitoy said:
ponchobelt said:
i thought so :x
im out of that auction
cheers p'bite

For those looking, this one is real:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-1983-Palitoy-Star-Wars-ROTJ-C-3PO-with-Removable-Limbs-Figure-New-Sealed-/191411391615?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2c91020c7f

Jason

Hi, Jason. I have just had a look at this C-3PO and I know it has different and yellowed bubble, sticker price... but it seems to have the pink dot underneath the 'm"...

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Maybe ive missed this, but was C3po available on a twin stem bubble on this card?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom