Comprehensive Guide to Baggies - Discussion (Hopefully)

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Extensive updates on the guide done on the single baggies & more being added as & when I get a mo guys, wish I had more time on my hands as I really am champing at the bit to get more done on the guide, its always at the back of my mind & needs getting to, but all the checking & cross referencing & compiling of photos etc is hugely time consuming, but don't panic, I have not forgot, just up to my neck in other stuff.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
:shock: Frank...this is a stellar piece of work!

Personally I don't own a Baggie, but these are mouthwatering to look at, absolutely superb.

The multipacks are awesome, and something I wasn't aware of, or seen, 10 packs, 16 packs!
Just superb

Great work ,...informative, clear and concise, and AWESOME!

Top work buddy

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Glad you like it Mike, you have to get a baggie mate, everyone needs at least one bit of baggied goodness.

Right bit of a major update to the individual baggies again, this time something special with not one but 2 new Kenner baggie types not untill now known, both the V1 & V2 are internal baggie, I am presuming ment for carding as they are plain no text bags which in some cases are folded over obscuring the view of the figure, so they were never designed for onward sale, I was very luck to have been informed about these popping up on ebay stateside by a friend there who also kindly bid on them on my behalf, luckily due to them being a to date unknown baggie type, they for the most part flew under the radar & I got a cracking deal on them, I did not do this lightly though with my friend having some good connections managed to confirm the sellers story of his grandmother working in the shipping department of Kenner for a number of years & over time building up a huge cache of baggies, which the grandson has now after her death been selling off.

Sadly i was not able to secure either of the quality control unaged sample multipacks he listed for sale as they went for mega monies :| along with these he had a great many standard Kenner baggies.

Some info on his Grandmother -

The grandmother's name (kenner employee) was Jeanne Yvonne Sexton. She worked for Kenner for over 30 years in 'shipping' - unknown capacity. According to her her obituary she passed in 1994 at age 65 in Hamilton County, Ohio. 

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
Glad you like it Mike, you have to get a baggie mate, everyone needs at least one bit of baggied goodness.

Right bit of a major update to the individual baggies again, this time something special with not one but 2 new Kenner baggie types not untill now known, both the V1 & V2 are internal baggie, I am presuming ment for carding as they are plain no text bags which in some cases are folded over obscuring the view of the figure, so they were never designed for onward sale, I was very luck to have been informed about these popping up on ebay stateside by a friend there who also kindly bid on them on my behalf, luckily due to them being a to date unknown baggie type, they for the most part flew under the radar & I got a cracking deal on them, I did not do this lightly though with my friend having some good connections managed to confirm the sellers story of his grandmother working in the shipping department of Kenner for a number of years & over time building up a huge cache of baggies, which the grandson has now after her death been selling off.

Sadly i was not able to secure either of the quality control unaged sample multipacks he listed for sale as they went for mega monies :| along with these he had a great many standard Kenner baggies.

Some info on his Grandmother -

The grandmother's name (kenner employee) was Jeanne Yvonne Sexton. She worked for Kenner for over 30 years in 'shipping' - unknown capacity. According to her her obituary she passed in 1994 at age 65 in Hamilton County, Ohio. 

Both types are very similar with thick tape folded baggies, the material type is the discernable difference, with the V1 having really thick plastic whilst the V2 is much thinner/softer feeling.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
HUGE update to the guide again guys, with several new sections - general release playsets & vehicles/popy's & other promotions.

Someone tell me I am not wasting my time here, not heard a peep out of anyone & I have been working my nuts off on this for a week+

Please do input your thoughts

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I don't collect baggies as a rule, but I think the latest page in particular is incredible. You've collected together quality pics of so many offers, so many mail-aways and of course so many baggies too. I for one have found it fascinating and more than that, the few mail-away boxes and instructions I have, are already seen with a greater fondness thanks to your efforts - keep up the great work Frank!

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I love it- I had no idea of the depth of it all.

Really like the popy display.

I like the way you have displayed your ships with baggie figures.

Great stuff Frank.

That multipack with 20 (?) SW figures is amazing.

Joe

Grand Master
Frank, I must say the reference library is one section I don't visit often enough on here :oops:

I do occasionally look at the baggie guide though (I was always very interested in these and I was happy to hear you were going to do one) and you really are doing stellar work mate!

The Special Offer pics on the last page are fantastic, I hadn't seen a couple of those actually and it's great to see them all in one place.

One correction on the Meccano red tag offer baggies - they were in that counter top display as a free "gift" for customers who bought a vehicle and weren't sold as alternatives to carded figures.

Once again, fantastic pics/info and effort!

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Thanks guys, was beginning to wonder if it was only me looking at the dam thing :lol:

Great info there Joe, I really should have tried google translate eh :oops: I have altered that little section accordingly & given you a nod mate, huge thanks!

Must say I feel humbled knowing you saw something on the guide you have not seen before, figured you must have seen everything by now buddy as you are always a fountain of info much like AJ.

Everyone should visit that secon more often IMO Joe & a hell of a lot more useful threads & guides would IMO go down a treat there especially with so much new blood getting into the hobby with the approach of the new film(s), all hungry for knowledge & understanding & I think there is no better place than here for the to start to feed that hunger.

@ Grant - Depth yeah humm the depth baggie collecting can go to & the funds required for some of those rare & often unobtainable items is mind boggling TBH buddy, stupid me for opting to collect baggies as a cheaper alternative in obtaining a collection of mint figures without the huge expense of collecting carded - Oop's

That popy counter top box is a thing to behold eh, wonder who owns it.

I am really happy with the way the SO ships display with the baggies in individual cases Grant rather than all sealed in a single box or in a huge slap of acrylic, I took the decision to do all my baggies in individual cases including the MP's due to the way they display, its vastly more costly to have them done in this manner, but you get every penny back in smiles every time you look at them IMO & although hugely costly worth every extra penny to have things the way you want rather than the way everyone else does it, I hate the way MP in particular display all rammed in a huge chunk of acrylic in little cramped slots with the baggies all folded over.

The largest know MP only has 16 figures BTW mate, an extremely rare brown box early issue one I am still hunting, sadly only a handful of known examples to date.

@ SAVORY100 - if only a single collector can see baggies/mailers & MP's etc in a fonder light & appreciate them further from what I am doing then every hour spent on compiling the guide is worth the effort, trying to keep up the good work -

Next section is up & under construction with the shipping cases,to be followed by the EB sets & more to :p

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm regularly looking at this guide now, superb stuff Frank.

Love the update on ships , look fantastic displayed with the figures!

The MP section is keeping me awake at night :lol:
I had no idea that so many MP were produced, they are a feast for the eyes.

I'm certain there are going to be many converts to the Church of Baggies now,

Fantastic piece of work Frank 8)

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
Great collection and guide you have created Frank. The pictures look fantastic.

I only own one Baggie (nien numb) and find it amazing how many are out there.

8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom