my prop work from over the years

Palifan

Sith Lord
Amazing skills Grinchy!! There are many highlights for me in this thread but I think the E.T. is the one for me (also those Thriller ones are stunning as are the rest of them).

I noticed you mentioned Stuart Freeborn's name in your other thread and agree with you what a true legend he was (and still is in). I know his granddaughter who said she remembered being driven around all the Star Wars sets in a studio buggy at elstree back in the day, something she'll never forget. Her husband is a real star Wars fanboy as well and felt like he'd hit the jackpot when things worked out with her (not that he's with her for her grandfather :lol: ). He told me that he got to see a lot of the original moulds and some bits and bobs for the Star Wars OT that he kept out in his shed! I've no idea what happened to everything after he past away but I'm sure the family would have put it somewhere safe. It's a real loss his passing but he sure left one hell of a legacy!

Ian

grinchy

Sith Lord
Cheers, yes he was a real legend, allways wanted to meet him but it never happened, would hope the moulds are still around for the likes of yoda and chewie, real historic characters

grinchy

Sith Lord
Some more pics
This one was a commision the green goblin, done as a one off, to be honest not my favourite thing i've done the finished piece just seemed to cartoony, but the buyer wanted that look so thats what he got
IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0005-1.jpg

Heres pennywise from stephen kings IT
IMG_0015.jpg

uncle Frank from hellraiser
IMG_0019.jpg

Jason voorhees from friday the 13th
IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

My son wanted a pred costume after watching me make the heads and stuff, he was five, heres he is as mini pred
had lights built in
christmaseve006.jpg

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah scary stuff, I'm a chicken, so would run a mike from some of these :lol:

What you doing on the yoda mate, bust or full piece? Will be an awesome piece.

I love the Fett from the Sarlaac 8) cool

Love the C3po and the Yoda in Carbonite.

And the Mikey of course :D

Hope your well mate, never stop making these pieces they are awesome,

All the best bud :D

grinchy

Sith Lord
Heres my namesake, old grinchy, done for a friends christmas display
grinch1_zpsfd825cee.jpg

heres another pic, the envelope he is holding is a prop from the movie
DSCF4002.jpg

heres the clay sculpture of the head,
DSCF3986.jpg

heres another thriller mannequin, again a comission done for a collector, i took the jacket and aged it to look like it did in the video, the separate hands bugged me where you can see the join, but it had to come apart fore shipping
DSCF3973.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
Yeah scary stuff, I'm a chicken, so would run a mike from some of these :lol:

What you doing on the yoda mate, bust or full piece? Will be an awesome piece.

I love the Fett from the Sarlaac 8) cool

Love the C3po and the Yoda in Carbonite.

And the Mikey of course :D

Cheers mate
Well my shed out back is being rebuilt, got to wait for that to be finished, this stuff is far to messy for indoors though i have done pieces in the kitchen before today, including mikey, yoda will be a full lifesize piece, head hands feet and body, all done separately starting with his head

grinchy

Sith Lord
Heres a jaws display i put together, i'm a big jaws fan to, the teeth are cast from a screen used original, bruce the shark had one set of teeth which were all cast separately and these are copies from them, also in the display is a tiny piece of the orca 2 the second boat used in the movie for the end scenes when the boat sinks
DSCF0587.jpg

DSCF0586.jpg

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Brill, you'll have to post up a thread when you do the yoda and show him in stages, that will be awesome 8)

Yep don't mess up the kitchen!

The Jaws piece is fantastic, so is it's little brother, another treasured piece mate :D

grinchy

Sith Lord
A few people have asked me about the yoda in carbonite, its only small heres a pic so you can get an idea of scale
DSCF9896.jpg

I don't mind doing a few for members at cost, i can make them fully painted out of plaster for cheapness at £13.00 each, or out of resin which is sturdier and less prone to breakage at £25.00, those prices are delivered in mainland uk, i'd need a few people interested so i can buy the stuff
shoot me a message :D

grinchy

Sith Lord
The actor warwick davis asked me to make him a bust of his goblin character in harry potter, he was really pleased with it

war.jpg

heres robert englund with the freddy i made, he was a cool guy to meet

1507197418_l-2.jpg

this is my screen used terminator 2 miniature skull along with two copies from the mould i made of it
100_0678.jpg

heres my spock ears cast from the movie mould, weird i know lol
spocksearsFinal.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
Heres a few more, first up the freddy snake from nightmare 3 with my son Lucas when he was little, love this pic, i allways told the kids growing there are only plastic monsters no real ones and daddy makes them, so they have never been bothered by them
frostyfreddyhead027.jpg

Lucas loved the new dr who growing up, and especially the monsters, he loved the weeping angels from the episode blink so i made one for him, heres the clay sculpture

IMG_0003-7.jpg

And the finished mask

IMG_0007-4.jpg

Heres a peter weller robocop sculpture, i need to finish this one

IMG_0008-4.jpg

this is a full upper torso puppet of dr tongue from day of the dead, my replica had remote control eyes and brows and head and neck movement

klio.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom