Thinking about opening something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
jambobbyb said:
Guys, over Christmas I had a conversation with a lad I grew up with we are original fans and we both agreed we would like to open an original moc figure just for the thrill

The thrill of receiving and opening a much awaited toy as a child was about receiving something that you had saved up for a long time to afford or perhaps you had even considered it totally out of reach.

If you want to replicate that thrill as a grown man, then you'll get a similar buzz from buying a new car and sitting behind the wheel for the first time or being handed the keys to a new property. That's the way to get 'that' feeling you're wanting.

The only thing you're going to feel from ripping open and devaluing a Ree Yees is a twat.

x-pack

Grand Master
Have you done it yet? :lol:

Seriously though, its a bad idea. Just go and get drunk instead, and maybe sleep with a stranger. You will feel less guilt in the morning :wink:

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
BTE I have a new car I have my own house they are I agree nice buzz's. No Star Wars item has come close to giving the "thrill" that I get from the military items I own it's because they are genuine pieces of history and these are toys some are valuable yes but they are still toys. the ones I'm looking at aren't rare and i won't feel any guilt for opening one because ...... it's a valueless toy!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Please try and avoid a slanging match guys, although most on here would oppose opening anything vintage it's a fair question to ask and ultimately people can do whatever they like with their own items.

But I agree it will likely be a big, awkward anti-climax. If you want that childhood retro new rubber smell buy a pair of Nike Air Jordan's, trust me you can't beat it :)

Joe

Grand Master
When you open up those beater ROTJ figures that nobody will miss (and hopefully you will have checked they aren't rare obscure variations like offerless 79's etc) can you not only video your reactions but get hooked up to some medical equipment to monitor heart rates and all that?

I want to know what kind of buzz you get and then your immediate reaction afterwards just so you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that.."it was worth it" :lol:

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
Hi Joe I need to find a couple of beater Mocs first got my eyes on a couple one of which is a Vader which of course for me would be very nice given I'm a vader focus collector. I don't think I'm going to video it but I don't mind doing a follow up and letting you know if it was "worth" the rush.

Joe

Grand Master
As long as you promise to be honest, even if we were all right!

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
Please try and avoid a slanging match guys, although most on here would oppose opening anything vintage it's a fair question to ask and ultimately people can do whatever they like with their own items.

But I agree it will likely be a big, awkward anti-climax. If you want that childhood retro new rubber smell buy a pair of Nike Air Jordan's, trust me you can't beat it :)

Not a slanging match...actually more civilized than numerous ones in the past. :wink:

_Lee_

Sith Lord
jambobbyb said:
Hi Joe I need to find a couple of beater Mocs first got my eyes on a couple one of which is a Vader which of course for me would be very nice given I'm a vader focus collector. I don't think I'm going to video it but I don't mind doing a follow up and letting you know if it was "worth" the rush.

Come on man, now you are talking about a Vader :shock: Thats a main character buddy, dont open that.

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
Lee I have thought about it pretty carefully If I can buy it for less than £20 from a forum or I can get it for any amount under this on E-bay with only me bidding and I can find at least three others for sale it's fair game.

benny100

Sith Lord
jambobbyb said:
Lee I have thought about it pretty carefully If I can buy it for less than £20 from a forum or I can get it for any amount under this on E-bay with only me bidding and I can find at least three others for sale it's fair game.

Well stop boring everyone and get on with it, you're quite clearly in the minority. Posting a question that you should know won't go down well in here makes you look like an attention seeker, it's boring.
I for one and many others, im sure, won't sell you a beater moc on here now.
So jump on eBay and hopefully you'll find a moc that meets your criteria and you and your little friend can have your moment of shared nostalgia, please then start a thread about how the pair of you felt so I can read it if I'm ever struggling with insomnia :roll:

indianawars

Sith Lord
benny100 said:
jambobbyb said:

Well stop boring everyone and get on with it, you're quite clearly in the minority. Posting a question that you should know won't go down well in here makes you look like an attention seeker, it's boring.
I for one and many others, im sure, won't sell you a beater moc on here now.
So jump on eBay and hopefully you'll find a moc that meets your criteria and you and your little friend can have your moment of shared nostalgia, please then start a thread about how the pair of you felt so I can read it if I'm ever struggling with insomnia :roll:

Bravo for saying what the majority of us are thinking.

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
Benny I have been asked by one of the moderators on this board to provide feedback on the whole experience so I'm going to. If you have an issue with that, it's your issue...
I am going to every length to make sure I'm not destroying anything that could be missed and I'm giving two beater Mocs a home.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
OMG! :lol:

Make it sound like your going to do something profound like your first wingsuit dive off a cliff or asking someone to marry you.

Move over Ernest Shacklton, the 21st Century Men of today have arrived. :lol:

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Make sure you control your shakes.

You want a nice clean authentic rip.

Its gonna be EPIC.

Like the good old rips of 1983.

itfciain

Grand Master
jambobbyb said:
Benny I have been asked by one of the moderators on this board to provide feedback on the whole experience so I'm going to..

I am not sure how serious Joe actually was there

PGowdy

Grand Master
jambobbyb said:
I'm going to do something I haven't done in 31 years, and I'm quite looking forward to it.

Maybe next week you can try pissing the bed. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom