ebay - a little advice please guys

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Hi guys - firstly sorry for the long & boring post, but could do with a little help on this one in terms of authenticity & where I stand.

I recently sold an item on ebay, its a tri logo weequay which came in that bulk lot I got a while back with the shipping case & emperor mailers.

I sold it on ebay to an international bidder, they got it & left me positive feedback.

Now a couple of weeks later I get a message from them saying its a reseal & it was a cheap price for it, but now for a reseal - I say fair do's I am happy to replace the item with the other one I still have & was even happy to pay the return shipping no questions asked even though feedback has been left already, so far it all seemed straightforward & a possible error on my part right?, I did include all the photos that are on this thread in the listing from multiple angles & close ups for clarity as I always do.

I figured the buyer would be happy right? well hell its ebay so no point thinking logically eh :?

Seller then answered that they will return the item once they get the replacement - yeah right! I was born in the morning but not this morning, I would not have a leg to stand on if they decided to keep both would I?.

So I politely said that if they wish to return it to me I will then send the replacement on to them, I suggested they send it tracked for peace of mind & also said if they want to go through the returns process through ebay I am more than happy for them to do it that way, reasonable right? - wrong :?

I then get a few messages from the seller saying its re sealed, its got the wrong corners (rounded now squared) which is incorrect & all tri log's have square cut edges to the bubbles etc etc & that I am basically out of order for asking them to return it first :lol: :?

So obviously I don't want to sell a resealed figure if its not clearly stated as such in the listing & don't want anybody getting an item they are not happy with as its not who I am (I think?) but the way the guy is behaving is bang out of order IMHO & to be fair I am rather pissed with their behaviour & attitude toward me wanting to help them.

For starters tri logos do come with rounded edge bubbles right? as I have some in my own collection with the miss carded ones I have, so that argument astounds me :?

They are also saying its was not easy to tell from the listing photos as they are out of focus, please have a look at them real close & please LMK your opinions guys, really would be hugely appreciated, god ****ing ebay eh

here is the listing -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Tri-Logo-WEEQUAY-Palitoy-Carded-Action-Figure-Kenner-MOC-/281653758636

I'm happy to post all communications between myself & the seller if needed guys

TBH I can't see anything wrong with it myself, but hell I am no MOC expert

poncho

Grand Master
all my tri logo's have square cut bubble edges but rotj round bubbles are quite commonly found

see here

http://trilogo.info/carded-figure-guide/bubble-types-variations/

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I'd ask him to return it and give him his ****ing money back. I wouldn't even bother trying to appease the jackass as he's clearly unreasonable, don't need that kind of person in your life.

Ask for the item back with proof of postage and then refund. Block him on all your auctions, never have to deal with him again.

Ebay is awash with tools.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
I'd agree with SublevelStudios; go by the book, get them to follow the return procedure through ebay and don't bother sending them the replacement. If you do it through the ebay returns process they should have no concerns about getting their money back.

mumbo

Sith Lord
What a twonk! :roll:

If the experts confirm it's legit - given his attitude I say **** him! He's burnt the bridges, you were more than accommodating and he threw it back in your face.

If it's a reseal - offer a refund for return of item but don't be sending him another.

If he has left you feedback I dont think he has a leg to stand on for a claim, but I may be wrong (where's Pete Gowdy when you need him :wink: )

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Tell him to contact the author of trilogoinfo :wink:

Your ebay link says 'over 90 days old' ANYTHING you do for the buyer is a bonus for him.
Send him a link to this thread- I'm in the mood for a keyboard fight.

"Ask for the item back with proof of postage and then refund. Block him on all your auctions, never have to deal with him again."
I'm not sure I'd even offer that unless Joe/ other authority says it's a reseal.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Thanks for all your input, you saying the same as I had in mind, make him return the item & then refund & block him, funny he has been trying to get ebay to step in & get a refund directly, I presume thats backfired on him as this morning I get a message saying he has posted the item back to me.

tried speaking to ebay via live chat & the **** only exited chat before I finished, ****ing ebay.

The seal is 100% genuine from what I can see right?, this guy is trying to pull a fast one IMO

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
I'd ask him to return it and give him his ****ing money back. I wouldn't even bother trying to appease the jackass as he's clearly unreasonable, don't need that kind of person in your life.

Ask for the item back with proof of postage and then refund. Block him on all your auctions, never have to deal with him again.

Ebay is awash with tools.

You sort of have to do this as ebay will just side with the buyer anyway. Sounds like the guy has a bit of a problem, he probably wanted you to offer some money off to save all the hassle. Looked like a perfectly good MOC to me.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Frank was going to send him a replacement though and for me, I just wouldn't bother, who's to say this guy won't find a problem with that?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Tell him to sling his hook. His argument's are floored and he clearly does not know what he's talking about.

Joe

Grand Master
The fact that he left positive feedback means you can tell him to do one Frank. I know you want to make sure your buyers are happy but there is no way he's going to send you the "reseal" back once he gets another. Just an idiot trying it on imo.

As for his ramble about the wrong bubble and it being resealed, well he's wrong about the bubble that's for sure. It's just a miscard bubble and totally fine (as you know) and I don't think it's been resealed either.

Looking at the bottom section, I can see why someone might think that but these bubbles quite often lift away from the cardback which results in that line of litho tearing that you can see. The cards obviously been stored badly too as it's quite dirty, so all of that dust and grime has probably just found its way in through a crack or a small lift and settled in parts of the seal, giving the effect of a glue reseal.

I'm pretty sure it's not though, just badly stored and showing the typical characteristics of that particular bubble type.

plantman

Sith Lord
He will basically be wanting a partial refund mate, its a sly tactic, tell him send it back and give him no other option.

You have the opinions and verifications of collectors that its ok (not that ebay would listen) tell him you can get written confirmation from UKG that it was legit too.

Section 8

Sith Lord
Looks good and it's clear he's no expert.

You only have to pay return postage when there is a legitimate fault so you should be claiming that there is nothing wrong with the moc.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Hi guys

Firstly thank you all so much for your helpful input :D

Right after much wrangling with the seller, they were to send it back & I would refund in full, seems that was not good enough for them as I just got it back today, packed totally inappropriately & no protection for the bubble at all, I sent it out fully protected & I am sure it arrived to them in perfect condition or I would not have got the good feedback from them.

I had the forethought to do a video of it being opened for evidence I as I could hear a rattle from the box when the postman handed it over to me, I will post the video when if finally bloody uploads, but suffice to say its totaled, the figure is loose in the clamshell they sent it in, bubble smashed to smithereens, I have a distinct impressing it was done prior to sending TBH, another MOC bites the dust :(

Going to contact ebay now & see what the score is, but I am not refunding them for a trashed MOC, well not voluntarily

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Got the vid clip is still uploading, but here are some photos :|

IMwukFEl.png

r1Cewa7l.png

FEgww8Xl.png

ollie

Padawan
The best thing you've got going is that they left you positive feedback. It shows that they were initially happy with the item. Hopefully you'll have no problems with eBay siding with you.

In my opinion you shouldn't have to give them any money back, totally their fault!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom