Luke Stormtrooper Blaster - I See Blue Blasters...

phreatobite

Jedi Master
A mini-rant but it is becoming increasing frustrating trying to find a loose Luke stormie (on EvilBay) with the correct blaster. Nearly every listing I see has the wrong one but they still keep going upwards of £100!

I know they're hard-ish to spot but it's supposed to be 1-c mould with thin stock and a rounded barrel end - why are so many sellers not checking or colour blind or just trying to deceive :evil:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I'm pretty sure I have recently seen MOC evidence on eBay that Luke Stormtrooper can in fact come with a blue blaster as well. Maybe somebody else can confirm?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I can't confirm that but have to say some collectors aren't always that bothered, place filler and all that. I personally don't mind to much as long as it's the correct gun. I have still got my Tie Fighter Pilot from childehood, came on Tri-logo card with grey blaster and if you look on certain card backs he's holding a grey blaster. I gues it depends on how fussy the individual is, I mean their is know way of proving Luke Stormtrooper was only packaged with a black blaster as he probably wasn't and it's a matter of opinion whether certain colours are wrong or right. Just my opinion though. :?

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I believe it is thought the "correct" blaster was what came with the potf figure, however the trilogo luke stormy could come with blue black blasters, in true trilogo shove whatever comes to hand into the blister.

Nick iow posted up pictures of both in an old thread, and both had differing blasters.

itfciain

Grand Master
I have two Trilogo Luke's in at the moment (mine and a friends) and both have Blue/Black ones - there was a thread on FB with a picture of a POTF Luke with a Blue/Black Blaster but it turned out that it had been resealed

It seems to be pretty common to sell them with the Blue/Black ones - and a lot of people don't mind - but it is wrong to class it as an 'original black blaster' if it isn't

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Black Imperial blaster with the Luke stormy. It must have been meant to come with a black one because it's the only figure that does isn't it? Not surprised they're tricky to come by or that people pair them with the wrong one and fakes. Like Adam said I would put a blue/black one with a figure if you can't score a complete one or... splash out on a graded one then crack it open!

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Robstyley said:
Black Imperial blaster with the Luke stormy. It must have been meant to come with a black one because it's the only figure that does isn't it? Not surprised they're tricky to come by or that people pair them with the wrong one and fakes. Like Adam said I would put a blue/black one with a figure if you can't score a complete one or... splash out on a graded one then crack it open!

I think the droids line is full of them.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
Robstyley said:

I think the droids line is full of them.

Oh really? Didn't know that, cheers

itfciain

Grand Master
Thall Joben and *Edit* Kez Iban were packed with Black Blasters as well - I believe that they are a slightly different mold variation - AJ will be able to confirm this

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Thall Joben & Kez Iban have the same rounded barrel, triangle side magazine etc. V1

I didn't see clear pictures from Nick to show otherwise. Any tri logo pictures of non black V1 blasters with Luke Stormtrooper I consider 'mistakes' just like a Yak with a gaffi stick...

edit: same goes for sellers claiming non black endor blasters go with Imperial Gunner & A-wing pilot because they had 'dozens' in MOC form. I keep asking for pictures :?:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I have only seen the luke stormie with a black blaster if any of you have a moc with good pictures of the blaster or a moc with a different weapon then please and add it
to the luke stormie guide :wink:

See the link

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24209

walkie

Sith Lord
A good rule of thumb is ignore anything packed in a trilogo card when it comes to accessories.

As for black blasters, I can't say this enough.... shop around and you'll pick up a complete droids kez/thall figure with one of these weapons for less then a correctly advertised "black" blaster.

Whilst I'm on the subject...

It always amazes me when people pay big bucks for LL Jawa Blasters, just buy a complete LL Nein Numb with the same gun, sellers can't give that figure away!!

phreatobite

Jedi Master
Good advice!

Looking through my blasters I have what looks like a solid black V6, which might be a Ledy. It is definitely black-black but has a square magazine with rounded corners and square barrel-end. :?

phreatobite

Jedi Master
I just received a Luke Stormie: wrong blaster and the helmet had been touched up with permanent marker :roll: I hate ebay!

(I cannot seem to take a decent picture of my solid black blaster... I need a lightbox.)

walkie

Sith Lord
You need natural light. Take your piccy out side against a none White background it should help.

phreatobite

Jedi Master
Ok, What I've laid out for comparison is a (1) translucent blue with rounded barrel end, (2) blue, (3) grey(?) and (4) solid black blaster.

The solid black one is gloss, it has a tiny circle next to the magazine, square mag with rounded corners.

S1020002_zps0wrc7eqv.jpg

S1020003_zpsyjqtn1ay.jpg

What do you guys think of the black one - not Luke Stormtrooper but perhaps Ledy?

walkie

Sith Lord
Sorry Dude it's REPRO, I'd ask or a refund asap, check out this report on TIG :(

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t7878-special-repro-report-debunking-the-float-test-myth

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom