NEW - Cardback collectors thread.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I've still got the figure pretty sure it was a small eye varient, but I've got two other Jawas from childhood. I'm not certain on the Tesco purchase it might have been a small family run Toy shop in a place called Hayle the shops called Blewitts and is still their.

http://www.hayletoyshop.co.uk/

It was certainly purchased in Cornwall, we did get some random stuff down their. End of the line and all that. I don't think it's that unusual as the Meccano Jawa seem to be the most common Meccano.

Kenner76

Padawan
I recently started collecting cardbacks with the Palitoy logo. I've noticed that many of them are missing the name plate (due to a mail away offer). I have been focussing my efforts on finding "complete" cardbacks. I was just curious what other collectors views are on the ones with the nameplate cut out? Am I better off sticking to my initial thoughts or are some early cardbacks next to impossible to find with their nameplates intact? I appreciate your thoughts. :)

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Kenner76 said:
I recently started collecting cardbacks with the Palitoy logo. I've noticed that many of them are missing the name plate (due to a mail away offer). I have been focussing my efforts on finding "complete" cardbacks. I was just curious what other collectors views are on the ones with the nameplate cut out? Am I better off sticking to my initial thoughts or are some early cardbacks next to impossible to find with their nameplates intact? I appreciate your thoughts. :)

When I started my full Palitoy cardback run, I would replace cardbacks with nameplates cut out with better examples when they came along. Once you get to the rare
cardbacks they are hard to find in any condition, so I've become less fussy over time.

cheers Jason

tronprogram

Padawan
Kenner76 said:

I've been collecting various cardbacks since August last year and am personally quite picky. I won't buy one unless the POP and name plate are intact. I realize that it may cost me some rare cardbacks to make up some sets but its just my preference but everyone is different. Do what feels best for you.

tronprogram

Padawan
Got some new ones this week:

FullSizeRender.jpg

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
poncho said:
chipsteak said:
I bought a mystery pile of cut cardbacks recently. A kind of attic-find cut-cardback lucky bag.

It had a Display Arena Offer card with a Palitoy address sticker on the back similar to the later Ackbar offer, for example. This is a new one to me. The first I heard of the Display was in adulthood and I'm wondering how this totally passed me by as a kid. Were they common? A regional thing perhaps?
get a photo up fella 8)

2q3owwi.jpg

Here it is. I certainly don't remember the Display Offer from my childhood but both this and an advert I found recently in an old ESB comic prove me wrong.

This is the first time I've seen one of these Pali stickers in adulthood too.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
chipsteak said:
poncho said:
chipsteak said:
I bought a mystery pile of cut cardbacks recently. A kind of attic-find cut-cardback lucky bag.

It had a Display Arena Offer card with a Palitoy address sticker on the back similar to the later Ackbar offer, for example. This is a new one to me. The first I heard of the Display was in adulthood and I'm wondering how this totally passed me by as a kid. Were they common? A regional thing perhaps?
get a photo up fella 8)

2q3owwi.jpg

Here it is. I certainly don't remember the Display Offer from my childhood but both this and an advert I found recently in an old ESB comic prove me wrong.

This is the first time I've seen one of these Pali stickers in adulthood too.

This is a new one to me. Can I use the on the palitoy cardback guide and put it along with the others?

http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy/

cheers Jason

maxf

Jedi Master
Could one of the cardback experts please give me an idea of the value of a 12bk Meccano cardback - 2 actually, C3PO and Luke. Decent shape and not torn, but one has the corner cut off (where the pop was).

Any ideas? I can't post a pic, and need to make an offer.

Thanks

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
mr_palitoy said:
This is a new one to me. Can I use the on the palitoy cardback guide and put it along with the others?

http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy/

cheers Jason

Of course. If you can hold off a little while I'll get it scanned properly.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Here's a use-able photo, Mr P.

See if I've discovered a new cardback style can we name it the chipsteak? :D

5k4wsm.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom