Resealed figure discovery debate - G.Kurtz Palitoy VC Jawa.

finestcomics

Padawan
Hey guys, while doing some work for a client today, I stumbled on something interesting.

Action Fraud is the UK-based government organization who a member here (Chris - I believe he's jedisearcher on RS and possibly here as well) recommended we contact about the Toy Toni situation.

It appears Action Fraud is investigating a "boiler room" scheme, where they must have received complaints from the public about fraudsters posing as brokers cold-calling people, trying to sell them bogus shares.

It's surprising to me that they would have acted on something like this, but not on Toni's defrauding of so many people - worse of which, is that he carried out his scamming and has victims around the world and not only in the UK.

I posted on their Facebook page, reminding them of the complaint I filed with them and suggest if you have filed a report with them, or simply want to see justice served in this situation, to visit the Facebook link below and make your voice heard. It's shocking they have not moved a muscle to even investigate the matter, much less seek a charge or prosecution against Toni. The last I heard from them, they basically told me they have to see a number of complaints before they can investigate, so your posts/comments on their Facebook page might make a difference.

Here's the link, and if you know anyone who was taken by Toni, let them know about this as well. We need to pressure Action Fraud to get off their seats and do something:

https://www.facebook.com/actionfraud/posts/668721369862814

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
finestcomics said:
Hey guys, while doing some work for a client today, I stumbled on something interesting.

Action Fraud is the UK-based government organization who a member here (Chris - I believe he's jedisearcher on RS and possibly here as well) recommended we contact about the Toy Toni situation.

It appears Action Fraud is investigating a "boiler room" scheme, where they must have received complaints from the public about fraudsters posing as brokers cold-calling people, trying to sell them bogus shares.

It's surprising to me that they would have acted on something like this, but not on Toni's defrauding of so many people - worse of which, is that he carried out his scamming and has victims around the world and not only in the UK.

I posted on their Facebook page, reminding them of the complaint I filed with them and suggest if you have filed a report with them, or simply want to see justice served in this situation, to visit the Facebook link below and make your voice heard. It's shocking they have not moved a muscle to even investigate the matter, much less seek a charge or prosecution against Toni. The last I heard from them, they basically told me they have to see a number of complaints before they can investigate, so your posts/comments on their Facebook page might make a difference.

Here's the link, and if you know anyone who was taken by Toni, let them know about this as well. We need to pressure Action Fraud to get off their seats and do something:

Nice find. Will be sending them the details later.

finestcomics

Padawan
jedisearcher said:
finestcomics said:

Nice find. Will be sending them the details later.

Great - thanks Crhis! You probably have a list of people who sent in a report so if you could perhaps point them to the page and ask them to post a comment, that would be great. I sent a message out to friends on Facebook as well hoping if we could crowd their Facebook page with messages stating the collecting community at large want to see them investigate Toni, we might get them to do more than they've done so far. Here's the message I posted on Facebook:

Guys, I know the situation is out of sight, out of mind. But I really could use your help in getting the word out, hoping that if enough people post on the Action Fraud Facebook page, they might consider getting off their hands and doing what they're supposed to be doing. I've tried posting on RS/TIG/SWFUK hoping that members from those communities could take a moment to let Action Fraud know their inaction on this matter isn't going unnoticed. For those who might not know, Action Fraud is roughly the equivalent of the FTC in the US, and if enough people complain to them about being defrauded, or if they can see a fact pattern around an individuals criminal activities, they will investigate and possibly prosecute without requiring any costly legal action. Given Toni was based out of Brighton when he scammed everyone, this is the government organization who can make a difference. I don't want to spam all the groups, but being that a lot of you guys are already on Facebook, and we all would love to see this guy behind bars, see if you can take a minute to share this, and let as many people know to do the same. Thanks! https://www.facebook.com/actionfraud/posts/668721369862814

finestcomics

Padawan
Guys, Action Fraud responded to the Facebook post - I strongly urge people to use this as a course of action if they've been taken by Toni:

Action Fraud:
Thanks for sharing this - please encourage further victims to report to us so it can be passed onto the police
Report Here

How to report a fraud | Action Fraud
http://www.actionfraud.police.uk
You can report a fraud to Action Fraud by using our online fraud reporting tool, or by calling us on 0300 123 2040.
Posted 10 hrs ago

spoons

Grand Master
finestcomics said:
Guys, Action Fraud responded to the Facebook post - I strongly urge people to use this as a course of action if they've been taken by Toni:

Action Fraud:
Thanks for sharing this - please encourage further victims to report to us so it can be passed onto the police
Report Here

How to report a fraud | Action Fraud
http://www.actionfraud.police.uk
You can report a fraud to Action Fraud by using our online fraud reporting tool, or by calling us on 0300 123 2040.
Posted 10 hrs ago

I used this and Sussex police are now taking things seriously.

Grant - has something happened?

sith-smith

Grand Master
That's exactly how people speak in my part of London :D

Wonder if this whole affair has had any impact on Toni and his trading?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
sith-smith said:
Wonder if this whole affair has had any impact on Toni and his trading?

Well it's obviously killed his sales of the Palitoy TOCs but he's still selling Kenner and Trilogo MOCs, and unsurprisingly loads of graded and ungraded loose figures :roll:

lee gray

Sith Lord
Wouldnt it have been funny if the palitoy employees sale at vectis would have had some of the carded/ bubble figure variations on tonis list.

Lafos

Jedi Knight
Opinions !?

12200589_10205494819195486_124598691_n.jpg

12182093_10205494819235487_759783576_n.jpg

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Without checking the list, I'd call TT on that one for the following reasons: card is too good, bubble out of position, don't like the look of that seal one bit and finally, I'm not sure, but didn't 45b backs have the weapon taped to the inside of the bubble?

*EDIT* just checked the list and there were 264 TFP Palitoy 45b ESB cardbacks bought by TT, so this is definitely on the list. So yes, I'd say it's a TT. Have you bought it or is it up for sale somewhere?

Stinger

Padawan
Unfortunately I bought it an Lafos asked for me here! I have two other ESB cards which I bought and not sure as well

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom