U grade piss takes

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
I guess if it was already that way, no harm on your part then (Not that I would ever buy a U graded figure, but I will leave it at that). I can say that If you would have had this done, you would have most likely been roasted on here.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I don't agree with this really but I'm just stuck in my ways. Some people would say that buying it U graded is as bad as getting it U graded. As your putting money in the U graders pockets. The thing is with this for me which is what I struggle with is before it was just a cardboard box that we new had Vader sealed in it. Now I'm saying it should have been kept like that as it's a part of vintage Star Wars toy history. But in a way I'm just complaining about a bit of tape being cut? Does it matter that it's not sealed any more? The contents are still preserved and it now displays like a piece of toy history?

Just to make my stance on this clear if this was in my collection it would not get opened. :)

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
theforceuk said:
I don't agree with this really but I'm just stuck in my ways. Some people would say that buying it U graded is as bad as getting it U graded. As your putting money in the U graders pockets. The thing is with this for me which is what I struggle with is before it was just a cardboard box that we new had Vader sealed in it. Now I'm saying it should have been kept like that as it's a part of vintage Star Wars toy history. But in a way I'm just complaining about a bit of tape being cut? Does it matter that it's not sealed any more? The contents are still preserved and it now displays like a piece of toy history?

Just to make my stance on this clear if this was in my collection it would not get opened. :)

Agree word-for-word with you. I too wouldn't have opened it but do struggle to comprehend the value placed on a piece of tape. And I'd also not buy a u-graded item.

If ever a u-grade was more nonsensical it's on mailer grading: of course it's unplayed with: it's on a goddam plastic bag! Would an open box but sealed bag mailer not be given a u-grade? In which case in reserving the u-grade for the sealed box mailer the imbecilic AFA are awarding the plastic bag the u-grade, not the figure. What a ridiculous turd burger.

Captainsolo1978

Jedi Master
Some tool on eBay is selling a u-graded Yak Face along with card and attached bubble. The description says the figure was cut out the dented bubble. What a tool. Shame on AFA.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Nice price tag!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Vintage-AFA-UKG-Return-of-the-Jedi-1980-Energizer-U95-NM/183086008546?hash=item2aa0c6c8e2:g:RJoAAOSwE51ajE4d

lejackal

Grand Master
You can get unused contents of these for around £25 all day long. What sort of retard would spend more than 10% of the asking price on that piece of ****

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Why on earth is the case so big, is it to add value to something that's worth £40 top?

subzero

Sith Lord
Wow what a piece of trash ( not the toy itself but the whole grading aspect of it ), just find a sealed boxed version and then it REALLY would be uncirculated and look way better in a nice acrylic case just like that, and way cheaper. :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom