Resealed figure discovery debate - G.Kurtz Palitoy VC Jawa.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
_Lee_ said:
All the kenners are legit. I think the Palitoy TFP is genuine. :D actually im sure of it.

Go on, Lee, where have I got it wrong? Edumalacate me, please. Personally I'd avoid it like the plague and I'd hate to pass up something like that if genuine!

Have checked and 45b (only have one) that I have and the weapon is loose, so that's OK. But I'm still not convinced about the seal though, nor the off centre bubble. Toni did put some double stemmed bubble on this cardback, too. Dammit, thought I'd got the whole TT spotting thing sorted :/

spoons

Grand Master
I'd be concerned with the TFP as it has the central bubble with the pin sized holes which rings a few alarms - I'd say fake

the gun not being taped isn't an issue IMO

Stinger

Padawan
I thing regarding the TFP it is clear! I received some feedback from echo base UK on FB and the answer was 100% TT! Yoda and IC on Kenner should be ok

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'd hand fire on being so sure. There's split opinion on it being a TT. Personally, I think it is but as Edd says, a photo from between the bubble stems will help as will an angled shot of the rear to see if there is any impression or the bubble at all. Don't write it off just yet....

_Lee_

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
I'd hand fire on being so sure. There's split opinion on it being a TT. Personally, I think it is but as Edd says, a photo from between the bubble stems will help as will an angled shot of the rear to see if there is any impression or the bubble at all. Don't write it off just yet....

Well said my man :D

I really think its not a TT but as Edd said better photo of the bubble stem area would help plus the card rear.

Too many MOCs are being written off as TT when they are not.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
_Lee_ said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

Well said my man :D

I really think its not a TT but as Edd said better photo of the bubble stem area would help plus the card rear.

Too many MOCs are being written off as TT when they are not.

Just to add that after further pictures are added , if it is a TT i will hold my hands up:) and admit i was wrong.

Stinger

Padawan
Stinger said:
I will send some pics tomorrow, keep my fingers crossed :)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,094
  • image.png
    image.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,098

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
The seal doesn't look good IMO, if you look at round bubbles sealed using the pronged press, the two gaps for the prongs are very defined. Yours isn't very well sealed around the edges of the prongs, there are big gaps.

seal.png

spoons

Grand Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:

As yet none of the bubbles with irregularly spaced pin holes have been seen on genuine MOCs. The pin hole bubbles also have double stems

Happy to be proved wrong but that's the biggest tell to me

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Here's one that came up for sale on Facebook today that was clearly shop sold. Look how much better the seal is all around, especially by the prongs. This bubble is also placed closer to the left edge of the card.

tie.jpg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Haha well I don't consider myself an expert, and as many have said there is no way of proving this 100% one way or the other without either a time machine or a Toy Toni confession, which isn't going to happen. So our best bet of guessing 'beyond reasonable doubt' is comparing to 100% legit examples.

Stinger

Padawan
I really appreciate your help guys! I will leave it in my collection, and if I will sell it someday I mention potential TT card :)

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Stinger said:
I really appreciate your help guys! I will leave it in my collection, and if I will sell it someday I mention potential TT card :)

Make sure you do mate :D

Its such a shame that this has completely wrecked Palitoy MOC collecting. Going by Edds comments and your closer photos, id lean to being cautious with this one. Im not 100% sure on this one now, but ive been sure of others in the past ( recent Chewbaccas spring to mind ) but its fast becoming a minefield. Trust me, ive been around a long time, and even im struggling at times. Ive studied this since day one, and even i get miffed on some. However, i also beleive that too many are being told their items are fake, especially when they are not-and that is dangerous.

There will never be any proof of these, unless Toni comes clean. No one can tell is everything is fake or not, there is always speculation but there is never a guarantee. I will always help where i can, and will listen to all sides even if it proves me wrong. You have to respect others at a times.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom