Resealed figure discovery debate - G.Kurtz Palitoy VC Jawa.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
spoons said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:
I'd hand fire on being so sure. There's split opinion on it being a TT. Personally, I think it is but as Edd says, a photo from between the bubble stems will help as will an angled shot of the rear to see if there is any impression or the bubble at all. Don't write it off just yet....

As yet none of the bubbles with irregularly spaced pin holes have been seen on genuine MOCs. The pin hole bubbles also have double stems

Happy to be proved wrong but that's the biggest tell to me

Those pin holes were on a lot of my ROTJ AFA 90 palitoy Tonis. Either they are bubble defects and hence why the bubbles were never used in the factory or they are imprints made by a tool Toni used to keep the bubbles in place while they were being sealed. Either way, as you say, they are only seen on cards Toni has sealed.

Jason

itfciain

Grand Master
spoons said:
:lol:

Read Jason's post again Iain ;)

Yes, English has never been my strong point - wonder how they graded 90 with pin hole ? And what AFA put them down to if they didn't count against condition

spoons

Grand Master
They look fairly meant, AFA haven't covered themselves in glory over this and I dont think they even questioned them.

None of us really noticed them before this thread - the beauty of the forum

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
spoons said:
:lol:

Read Jason's post again Iain ;)

Yes, English has never been my strong point - wonder how they graded 90 with pin hole ? And what AFA put them down to if they didn't count against condition

Some of the bubbles even had corner splits on them and subgraded 95. You can see the full assessment of them all here:-

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=19154

cheers Jason

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Stinger,

Can you put up a photo of the TFP again please bud ? Ive been researching this particular back this week and would like to see yours again please mate.

Cheers

Lee

Stinger

Padawan
_Lee_ said:
Stinger,

Can you put up a photo of the TFP again please bud ? Ive been researching this particular back this week and would like to see yours again please mate.

Cheers

Lee

Here we go Lee! I can't upload bigger pics as it says file to large, let me know if you need a better resolution.
Pat

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    78.2 KB · Views: 984

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Look what just popped up on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121821973255

Of course the idiots at AFA have graded it as a "round corners proof card" but it's actually an unused production cardback.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Look what just popped up on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121821973255

Of course the idiots at AFA have graded it as a "round corners proof card" but it's actually an unused production cardback.

Nice price. I wonder if Toni will be tempted to try and shift some of his on the quiet...

:p

Jason

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Funny thing is that the dickhead probably could have made more money not reaseling the ****ing things :lol:

Alas-1

Padawan
Will he eventually sell them cards off is the question?

He'll confirm his guilt but he's got away with it so far?!

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
I'd be pretty surprised if the stuff still exists. Surely there's a good chance that the whole lot ended up in the tip, particularly if he panicked when the whole sorry situation blew up. I vaguely remember Jason Joiner saying a dealer had been offered some cardbacks though so perhaps it wasn't destroyed.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
There's no way he would have destroyed them, I bet he has thousands still and knows exactly how much they're worth.

Alas-1

Padawan
I'm with Edd on this one...

He still has boat loads of Kenner and Boat loads of Baggies and Boat loads of Mecanno Jawas from his casual eBay selling. He throws up about £400 a month.

He's a clever ****, has been for many, many years...

He's still got them alright!?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I don't know about clever, lucky and in the right place at the right time I would say. He bought thousands of items for pennies that are now worth hundreds of pounds, and has been drip feeding them for nearly 30 years. The unused backing cards he had/has would now be worth far more than the fake MOCs he was making were, so if he were truly clever (and had any self respect) he would come clean on the fakes and start selling the cardbacks.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
This is interesting. It is known that TT had baggies of these. It is believed that these baggies were used for TFP 45back.

Baggies are useful as they can be (were) a cheaper alternative to MOC and have C10 figures.

Look at this fella:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/252351099132

Could that AFA code be useful to see what they destroyed this figure from?

itfciain

Grand Master
I always thought it would be funny if someone sent a TT in for Ugrading - wonder if AFA would Ugrade it or not ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom