Anyone able to offer help with cosplay 501st

Cocobean

Padawan
Basically I am looking to purchase a costume not sure on which type yet as I'm still reading up just wondering if any of the forum users are part of the 501st legion or any other organisation and can offer some advice info etc or even have one to sell thank you in advance Tony

Cocobean

Padawan
Yeah apologies it's habit as I generally only post in the vintage toys section if the mods are able to move this over it would be appreciated sorry for any inconvenience thanx

_Lee_

Sith Lord
If you want to be a Stormtrooper, go RS props or Troopermaster. Expensive but well worth it. ROTJ Stormie go with CFO.

Fett, head over to The dented helmet.

Also join up at the RPF for loads of info :)

Cocobean

Padawan
Thanx Lee I'm going to have a look now :) obviously it would be great if someone was selling a full kit but obviously I've read I need to be careful buying second hand

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
Hello mate, I have 4 501st cleared costumes, firstly I would suggest decide what costume you really want and consider your budget, most costumes you will have to put together yourself, if you join the Uk Garrison forum, they can advise you on how to build it and then once cleared you'll be able to troop along side us!

Theee are a few places to avoid, i personally would stay clear from ebay and a certain shop in london tgat claims to have 501st clearable costumes, which are not.

MarkG

Jedi Master
Carl is spot on..

As with the second hand side, the costumes to best avoid are mostly Stormtroopers, as they are generally built to the persons size & build. They are very hard, if not impossible to adapt to fit someone else. Always best to buy those in kit form.

Your height will determine what costume is best to go for. A 5ft Vader is a no go, and a 7ft Jawa looks silly. 501st UKG are pretty strict on the accuracy side of things. Best to sign up over on their forum, introduce yourself and PM (not post on forum) the armourers about sourcing the right costume for you. They will point you in the right direction.

Cocobean

Padawan
Thanks markg I will be joining the forums Carl has been a great help also and I'll be opening a FB account today I closed mine ages ago I'm 5"9 so I think Vader is out of the question lol I was going for the stormtrooper :) more chance of trooping if I'm something along those lines rather than a single character like fett etc

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom