Farthest From X The Force Pre-Awakens

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
One of the best so far in my eyes. Great to meet up with a few fellow collectors and friends as well as happily picking up a few very nice items too.
Thanks to Dave and all the table sellers for a great day out.. Christmas will no doubt be quite deflating after this :lol:

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Well another great FF 8) Was lovely to catch up with many of u guys, really enjoyed it :D
Was great to c dealer Tim who I haven't seen for well over 10 years since my local Cheshunt fairs, top man :!:

Many thanks for the lift down Gary.

Loved the talk by Gerald Home, what a nice fellow :)

Mark(Star Wares) that Episode 7 cast & crew fleece is awesome 8) Still smiling mate, many thanks :D

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Ditto to everyone else. Fantastic day out and a pleasure to see all the good ol boys again.

Dave Tree thankyou so much, I hope you like your Christmas tree decoration, I couldn't find you so your wife chose it. :D

Richard_H

Grand Master
SAVORY100 said:
One of the best so far in my eyes. Great to meet up with a few fellow collectors and friends as well as happily picking up a few very nice items too.
Thanks to Dave and all the table sellers for a great day out.. Christmas will no doubt be quite deflating after this :lol:

Were you there? You should have said, I can't remember seeing you.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Great weekend!

FB Photos:-

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153723073435149.1073741921.652110148&type=1&l=ac554cc18b

Flickr:-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mr_jason_smith/albums/72157662202312612

:)

Jason

spoons

Grand Master
It was a quality weekend with a great bunch of lads and a genuinely good community spirit. Gerald Home was a legend I loved his tales of Mr Muscle and Carrie Fisher (separate tales). Jasons photos really capture it all - looking forward to the next one!

JimboUK1979

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I really enjoyed the whole FFX weekend. It was great putting names to faces over a few beers and hearing collecting stories (old and new) in the pub Saturday. Mon-Cal-Con Saturday night was brilliant (big thanks to Dave Tree and anyone who helped make it happen).

Had a puncture on the M27 on the way back and had to drive the 190 miles limited to 50mph on the 'emergency wheel'' but even this couldn't put a dampner on the weekend as I arrived home to beef and Yorkshire pudds!! If Carlsberg did weekends.......

Picked up some great Luke FB stuff (see LA thread) on Sunday for my focus and a proper little turdy looking loose Rancor which I'd been putting off getting.

Will be watching for dates for the next one....

andygo

Padawan
Great day and good fun all round, sold a few bits, bought a few bits, had a good natter and went home happy :)

Thanks to all who bought from me and thanks to Dave for a great show. Didn't get a chance to catch you on the way out but cheers mate and I'll be back for the next one.

Cheers,

Andy

David Tree

Jedi Master
A huge thank you to everyone who attended the tenth Farthest From. Together with the generous and amazing donations from our guests and traders we managed to raise a phenomenal £1,230 for CLIC Sargent in our charity auction.

This is incredible.

Many thanks to everyone who joined us for Mon-Cal-Con, the world's first ever Mon Calamari & Quarren Convention the night before, our guests, Gerald Home and Dave Shorter were entertaining and enlightening. We want to see your pics and hear your highlights from the only show in the world dedicated to Star Wars vintage toy collecting.

David Tree

Jedi Master
Clarkspie&chips said:
Ditto to everyone else. Fantastic day out and a pleasure to see all the good ol boys again.

Dave Tree thankyou so much, I hope you like your Christmas tree decoration, I couldn't find you so your wife chose it. :D

Thank you it's awesome and hanging up in the shop now :)

(Carol, who does the tea, is not my wife, she'd belt you one if she saw that :p )

maxf

Jedi Master
Another fantastic afternoon - really great to catch up with people, and add a couple of pieces to my collection.

The auction was great fun as was Gerald's talk. Shame I had to leave after this to get back to London, as I could easily have stayed until the end.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Echoing all of the above comments: that was a blinding event. It's perfect in so many ways: the size, the people, the beer, the traders, the guests. The lot. It was only the second one I've attended and it's going to be impossible for FF XI to top, surely? There may be bigger shows but I just don't see the benefit.

Call me what you like, but given the choice between that weekend and Celebration Europe next year, then I'm booking my room
In the Crown right now. There was more vintage than I could buy in a year, it had booze, great, great people (mostly from here) and even a ROTJ actor. What it didn't have was overpriced anything, queues that made you weep, egos, attitudes or stress (except for Dave, which is standard!). Not sure I need anything else.

Dave, no one else could pull this off. Your mix of energy and insanity is just right. It's the singularly most spectacular feat in the vintage SW toy world. The only analogy I can think of will get me shot, here: it's a Tardis of an event; To a passerby it's another, little fair in a village hall, but come inside, become involved and it's massive. A true Goliath amongst events. Well done mate, you're a legend :)

sith-smith

Grand Master
Another great show.

Huge thanks to Rich for his part time job as Vectis delivery man! 8)

And Simon for reducing what little space I have remaining in my house by providing even more Lego!!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
sith-smith said:
Another great show.

Huge thanks to Rich for his part time job as Vectis delivery man! 8)

And Simon for reducing what little space I have remaining in my house by providing even more Lego!!

Ha ha! Always a pleasure, Gary :D

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I think there were quite a few of you guys there Sunday who I didn't realise who you were. Would have introduced myself, oh well, next time! Scruffy were you the Wookie sized chap I was chatting to by one of the stalls on the left?? Got to come Sat next time :wink:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Robstyley said:
I think there were quite a few of you guys there Sunday who I didn't realise who you were. Would have introduced myself, oh well, next time! Scruffy were you the Wookie sized chap I was chatting to by one of the stalls on the left?? Got to come Sat next time :wink:

Ha ha! Yes mate, that was me. Well, I didn't see any other wookies there, anyway :) And yes, get down on the Saturday next time for the warm up!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom