NEC TOY FAIR BIRMINGHAM

coomber75

Sith Lord
Now that was a surprise so much more vintage than usual... picked up a couple of cheeky Xmas pressies emperor, Vader and loose x wing, was for s p Ares to finish off my boxed one bought here a couple of weeks ago!! emperor a bit battered but hey been after for a while.... now deciding do I swap my existing Vader 77 for this one.... so close to buying Luke stormie moc!!

Attachments

• IMG_20151227_162718.jpg
    IMG_20151227_162718.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 795
  • IMG_20151227_162757.jpg
    IMG_20151227_162757.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 790

coomber75

Sith Lord
Now added to the box with inserts and instructions :)

Attachments

• IMG_20151227_171255.jpg
    IMG_20151227_171255.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 785

lejackal

Grand Master
Cheers, the AT-ST Driver was at the stall right next to the entrance, I'd been in less than a minute and saw a childhood figure on Trilogo with the Kay Bee sticker on, had to pull the trigger. The Chirpa wasn't even on display, had to see what was "out back" on one stall in the middle, the guy had a load of carded figures he hadn't left space for. He even had to ask another punter what it was worth. Still got both for £85 so not too shabby.

coomber75

Sith Lord
Great prices mate, think the guy in the middle was the one I got the Vader and loose x wing from... Welsh guy... really nice, fair on price

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Any stalls exclusive to Star Wars stuff or just the odd piece here and there?
I'm looking forward to the next one at the NEC in Feb.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
One thing I did notice about the fair this time was the amount of tat being sold at stupid prices. Boxes literally falling apart and dealers asking prices that would make your toes curl.

3 Years ago these shows were awash with trains and die casts , now there are more and more dealers popping up but with truly questionable knowledge. The bullshit I heard from some of them was astounding.

lejackal

Grand Master
SublevelStudios said:
The bullshit I heard from some of them was astounding.

This about sums up one response to my "so thats a repro cape right" comment. The answer from the guy next to me talking to the dealer was "some say repro and some say Mexican"

I might still be wet behind the ears in terms of SW collecting but I'm also not a complete ****ing idiot!

walkie

Sith Lord
I'm still puzzled by the R2 baggie which was labelled as Meccano on one of the stands at the NEC.

It just goes to show that some dealers will happily jump on the bandwagon hoping to land a "green behind the ears" newbie with a pocket full of cash.

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Well, I went to the Rugby evening on the first of this month, but it was mostly trains and cars.
There was the odd piece of Star Wars stuff, but not figures or vehicles.
I won't be bothering with that again.
A few months ago I went to the Coventry one and did see some carded figures, but I didn't have enough knowledge to dare part with my cash.
Ended up getting a Tazo set and a Millenium Flacon/Chewbacca transformer thing thrown in for $4. And a Ralph Mcquarrie print for £3.
There was also a loose Boba Fett with weapon in a bag for £3. Looked in good condition. Didn't buy it.
Other than that, again, mostly trains and cars.
Good to see the prices that some have got those carded figures for, that's exactly what I'm interested in at the next NEC show.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom