Which OT scene takes you straight back to your childhood?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
For some reason, whenever I see the scene where Luke's feet are iced to the ceiling of the Wampa's cave, it gives me a funny feeling. When I first watched the 1994 re-releases, that was the bit that took me straight back to 1983.

tundra9

Sith Lord
Lying under the table at my nans house, 1984, the tv premiere of SW in Norway, when the stormies and vader boarded the rebel cruiser, my favourite scene of all times, still has the wow factor now as it did then..

plantman

Sith Lord
This exact scene reminds me of being sat in front of the TV

Attachments

• Gray1.jpg
    Gray1.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,035

iDrew

Padawan
ROTJ speeder bike chase - takes me straight back to being sat under the dining table zooming my speeder bike through the table and chair leg trees :mrgreen:

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
plantman said:
This exact scene reminds me of being sat in front of the TV

Bizarrely the rebels on the Tantive IV scene is the one that takes me back to childhood most too! How strange!

Also this image...

EP4_ILM_1671.jpg

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Trash compactor scene takes me back especially when Luke disappears. No idea why just resonates big time with me. The whole film does I suppose, their's just so many simple thing's in that film which make you beleive in what your watching, the droids in the desert is another one, think it's just the contrast between the droids, sand and blue sky.

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
I think it's the Tatooine scenes that most resonate with me.
The droid sale, blasting off from Mos Eisley, Obi Wans introduction and the Cantina, amongst others.

If I had to pick one it would be Luke staring wistfully at the binary sunset, with the Force Theme swelling in the background.
Instantly transported back to 1978.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Jabba's palace scene when Luke arrives giving us our first glimpse of him as a Jedi Knight. :D

It was the only movie of the original Trilogy that I saw in the Cinema at the time....also Luke jedi was one of the first carded figures I received as a child :)

Also the Endor planet scenes....Speeder bikes, AT-ST ..loved them!

Joe

Grand Master
I clearly remember watching the rebel attack on the death star in ANH over and over. I even recall hearing my dad one night walk in and say "not bloody star wars again" :D

lejackal

Grand Master
Saturday afternoons watching them on video at my nan and grandads house is my main memory of watching them and the scenes that really stick out are Tatooine and the droids, the carbonite freezing chamber with Luke vs Vader and the Emperors throne room with Luke vs Vader 2. Also remember being scared of the Dagobah cave scene.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Difficult to choose, but it'd be between:

The lightsabre duel between Ben and Vader in the Death Star (as highlighted by Bonsai it's such an iconic image, even back then); and

The Death Star attack at the end of 'Star Wars' - 'Stay on target', 'The guns. They've stopped!' and 'Switch all power to front....... deflector screens' gave me and my brother hours of fun!

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Yeah a lot of the early scenes in A New Hope for me too. Really define Star Wars. The Stormies blasting through the Blockade runner door. Inside the Jawa crawler "R2D2 it is you it is you!". Lars homestead "help me Obi-Wan Kenobi you're my only hope". Luke and the sunset scene. Whole Cantina scene. Something about Tatooine, just takes me right back.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Pretty much the whole first half hour. Vader and Stormtroopers entering the Tantive, Artoo and the Jawas, Luke with Owen, Beru and the Droid sale, Sandpeople etc etc.

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Most of the first third of A New Hope, especially the opening scenes showing R2, C-3po and Leia.
Then Luke, Ben and the Droids on Tatooine, the Canteena, plus the rescue of Leia and the Garbage compactor.
Those seem to stand out for me.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Droid sale and the suns setting on Tatooine are the two that really make me think of being little and being at my Grandparents, the scene I remember playing out most as a kid was the speeder chase through Endor, so that definitely has a similar affect on me when I see it, but for a different reason.

x-pack

Grand Master
Jawas blasting R2 and Aunt Beru calling out "Luke ... Lu-ook"

Triggers some sort of warm and fuzzy feeling :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom