UPDATED 27/1/16: Luke Farmboy COO Reference Guide

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
POCH Luke Farmboy Figure:
Big thanks to Greg aka 'Flycasual' for these pictures of the POCH Luke Farmboy variant. Noticeable pale hands in the figure.
IMG_20150415_125742.jpg

Leg Markings:
Comes with 3 Line, Hong Kong COO markings
IMG_20150426_112143.jpg

owler

Youngling
Here's mine. He's on eBay at the moment if anyone is after one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151805166101?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
IMG_0568.JPG
IMG_0567.JPG
IMG_0566.JPG
IMG_0565.JPG

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi Jeff, I picked this up in France but the erased bar does not look like the one you had. Can you confirm this as the meccano luke ?

The figure is very beautiful and I found it in a lot, there was also a saber with the figure.

Do you know if there is a meccano saber ?

P1110399_zps11cjk83r.jpg

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Hi Lars,

Nice Luke Farmboy Figure there you picked up!
In relation to the leg markings it is different to any i had. In this first photo i have my Meccano Glasslite and your figure. Some noticeable difference between the three.
IMG_20160113_194057.jpg

Next i have the second Glasslite figure i picked up. Date down. Again some differences.
IMG_20160113_194110.jpg

Here's a shot of the Meccano figure i had...
IMG_20160113_195356.jpg

I reckon it's a Meccano figure, given the provenance in France etc. But it is a marking i haven't seen !

With regards to a specific Meccano saber, I'm not 100% sure on this, sorry.

Hope that this helps somewhat.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Thanks Jeff, do you want more pictures of the figure or maybe the saber there was with the figure ?

Yes it is a strange coo I have also not seen it before :? Maybe there is more coo variants of those meccano out there :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Dublinjeff said:
Yeah, some more pictures of the figure and saber would be great. The saber I had looks like one of the early bird sabers. A lighter yellow colour?

Do you think about the sabers with letters on ? here is a picture of the saber there was on the figure, I can't confirm if this is the correct saber for the figure. But found the figure in a lot and I did not get it from a collector so I think the chance is good that it is the correct saber.

I need some better sun light for pictures of the figure so I can first take some pictures of the figure in the weekend.

What do you think about the saber ? need more pictures of the saber ?

P1110400_zpsuic2iaqn.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Dublinjeff said:
That saber looks 100% to me....i genuinely don't know if there was a Meccano specific saber?

I'm sure it's possible that it came with variants

Could be cool to do some research to see if there is a meccano saber. Yes maybe it came with variants, thanks jeff :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Thanks Jeff I found it in france with a few other meccano figures and a pbp speeder bike and another vehicle that there is no coo on :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
POCH Luke Farmboy Figure:

Found this figure in a childhood collection a friend of mine who know a lot more about POCH than I do told me it was a POCH that I have found.
Unfortunately it looks like the head is broken and glued back on, but still a nice variant.

Brown Hair, Belt is brown some parts on the belt is darker than others, but not black.
Hands and Neck is pale.
Greenish brown boots.
Melt Mark on the ass, not that the melt mark makes it a POCH as far as I know.

Luke Skywalker 286_zpsuqckerqw.jpg

Luke Skywalker 289_zps5tf5gz6t.jpg

Luke Skywalker 290_zps7ieak4ol.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Dublinjeff said:
View attachment 1

I could be totally wrong, but I think POCH Luke Farmboy Figure comes with 3 Line, Hong Kong COO?

I am not the POCH expert, but my friend knows a lot more about it than I do. I have tried to search for some more info about it and found that Marco from tig also have one, he calls it a POCH Hybrid :shock:

see the link http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4427p465-the-poch-pbp-guide-discussion-thread-part-one#95812

Looks like that is a figure that need some more research :lol:

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Interesting read that, haven't seen this figure before. As I say, I've only ever seen confirmed Luke Farmboy POCH figures with 3 Line markings.
Cool variant!
Be good to see what you can find out researching it some more

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Dublinjeff said:
Interesting read that, haven't seen this figure before. As I say, I've only ever seen confirmed Luke Farmboy POCH figures with 3 Line markings.
Cool variant!
Be good to see what you can find out researching it some more

Yes it is an interesting read and figure.

I am also very happy with it and it is cool :D

Do you want me to change the text big yellow text to something else maybe unknown or as marco write POCH Hybrid ? it is your thread :wink:

Do you want more pictures of it ?

I found a little more info, I have some screenshots of 2 that was for sale on ebay some years ago in spain, they both were called POCH :?

Do you want me to pm them to you ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom