New SWFUK Facebook Group

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Not sure about this. Left Facebook a few months ago. Just got fed up with it on every level, especially it's invasiveness. Really hope we don't lose all the sales from here to the Facebook group :(

maxf

Jedi Master
I'm not so sure about this - I'd hate for this forum (and the hard work it must have taken to keep it going for 10 years) to be lost in the hundreds of FB groups.

Would it be an idea to try and differentiate the FB group from the forum maybe - how about it being the 'SWFUK Social Page'? FB is really suited to social stuff - the FB group could be where some of the off topic banter and chat happens, with the deep and meaningful SW chat and sales are still directed here?

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I was wondering if we could encourage the continuation of the sales thread being held here on the Forum with a link to each sale posted on FB (if the seller is on there of course) rather than the actual sales migrating over to FB.
That way the regulars on here still get the host of great deals we all benefit from as we'll as increasing site traffic to that thread as a minimum and hopefully other threads will be checked out while the new guys and girls are here for a purchase...
I note that Iain already does a similar thing with other group(s) on FB and as an observer it seems to work, maybe he can chip in on how it has worked or not.

itfciain

Grand Master
SAVORY100 said:
I note that Iain already does a similar thing with other group(s) on FB and as an observer it seems to work, maybe he can chip in on how it has worked or not.

As a rule I try to list the thread up on here and then in about an hour I put a link onto the Yavin group (you can't post external links to the Echo group) so would be more than happy to link it to the SWFUK group as well

I do have a lot of success selling on here, and for me it is more than just getting the top price - it is dealing with people I know and that know me. Expectations are more manageable on here as well. I am getting a bit sick an tired of delivery expectations from buyers - eBay is clearly the worst (just had a case opened up for something purchased 6 days ago - didn't even know you could open them so quickly) but the number of messages I get each day from people chasing their orders can be a bit of a drain.

FB does open you up to more people - but then you do get the odd plank - I posted a reply to a WTB thread the other day for a Jabba Playset - chap tells me he will pay in the evening so I miss 2-3 other potential buyers - and then he announces that he doesn't want one anymore as it is too tall !!

Posting on here first also means that there is a record of the sale that you can link to - FB posts, especially on the bigger groups don't tend to stay up the top for too long - the only 'annoyance' is the time it takes to sort out the pictures - but not sure there is too much Edd can do about that

So, my (long winded) advise would be to keep posting the sales threads on here and then link to them for the FB groups

lejackal

Grand Master
itfciain said:
FB does open you up to more people - but then you do get the odd plank - I posted a reply to a WTB thread the other day for a Jabba Playset - chap tells me he will pay in the evening so I miss 2-3 other potential buyers - and then he announces that he doesn't want one anymore as it is too tall !!

Sorry, was yours the special Dutch variant that's slightly taller than his yank compatriot? :shock:

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
itfciain said:

Sorry, was yours the special Dutch variant that's slightly taller than his yank compatriot? :shock:

Are you frightened of big slugs :)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
If anybody tries to join and doesn't get accepted, just drop me a PM on here. For some reason I'm getting about 20 spam requests an hour so am not accepting anybody who's not a member of any other SW groups or has no friends in common (most SW collectors are friends with at least one other collector on there.)

Symes

Youngling
edd_jedi said:
If anybody tries to join and doesn't get accepted, just drop me a PM on here. For some reason I'm getting about 20 spam requests an hour so am not accepting anybody who's not a member of any other SW groups or has no friends in common (most SW collectors are friends with at least one other collector on there.)

Just joined no problem. Thank you :)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Bootyhunter said:
Grant said:
Capetown said:
Facebook. No thanks.

This^^^

More of is^^^

I've just deleted Facebook. Had enough of a "newsfeed" that was just rammed packed full of people I barely knew taking shite about **** I couldn't give half a flying **** about. The straw that broke the camel's back was the 301 pictures of people's kids on their first day of school, Ok, you kid started school today. BIG ****ING DEAL! It happens every ****ing August/September. Do you really think I wanna seven pictures of each and everyone of your **** ugly offspring in their god awful school uniform stood in front of your front door (why is it always a door)? :twisted:

I think my misanthropy is getting worse.

poncho

Grand Master
weasel said:
Bootyhunter said:
Grant said:

More of is^^^

I've just deleted Facebook. Had enough of a "newsfeed" that was just rammed packed full of people I barely knew taking shite about **** I couldn't give half a flying **** about. The straw that broke the camel's back was the 301 pictures of people's kids on their first day of school, Ok, you kid started school today. BIG ****ING DEAL! It happens every ****ing August/September. Do you really think I wanna seven pictures of each and everyone of your **** ugly offspring in their god awful school uniform stood in front of your front door (why is it always a door)? :twisted:

I think my misanthropy is getting worse.

i took a picture of my little girl on her first day. a big day for me her first day in all day, along day for four year old. She was in nursery previously which was just for 2 hours.

I didnt put the picture on facebook. But the missus did. Typical women!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom