For the Love of the Force – Star Wars Convention 4th-6th Dec

Paullaura

Padawan
Hey guys, this is my first post on here.
We went to this on the sunday, as said above, some of it was awful, but there were good bits too.

The orchestra was really good. Cantina was pretty good and jabba was done really well.
Scout walker and X wing also excellent.

Marketplace was disappointing, falcon cockpit , yoda ,and ewok village were horrific!!

Think the vip thing was ridiculous, the "meal" being particularly bad.

Paul Shields

Need to keep bumping this one as the 'organisers' want to run it again this year and people need to be warned.

As well as the VIP shambles they've lost hundreds of the photos that they were charging £5 a pop for. Now after 2 months they said they would issue refunds but I have yet to see anyone say they've had one. I only lost £10 (plus disappointed 7 year old who queued for ages to stand on the X Wing for nothing) but others lost far more.

Lucasfilm are aware of these people and once they announce their next event I think I will not be alone in mounting a social media campaign reminding potential customers of what happened last year. They delete negative comments from their Facebook regularly.

BE WARNED

sith-smith

Grand Master
Well, you can take a little piece of the show home with you now...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Full-size-16ft-x-7ft-animatronic-Jabba-the-Hutt-Star-Wars-have-to-see-to-believe-/191801553417?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

x-pack

Grand Master
sith-smith said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Full-size-16ft-x-7ft-animatronic-Jabba-the-Hutt-Star-Wars-have-to-see-to-believe-/191801553417?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

15k :shock: and you don't get the throne or the characters shown, which is a shame cos I wouldn't mind that Ula :p Seriously though, was that one of the displays? A half naked woman in stockings and suspenders. Bet the lads and dads spent a bit of time at that one :lol: :lol:

I gather this is the same guy now selling fake MOCs on eBay. For shame :roll:

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
x-pack said:
sith-smith said:

15k :shock: and you don't get the throne or the characters shown, which is a shame cos I wouldn't mind that Ula :p Seriously though, was that one of the displays? A half naked woman in stockings and suspenders. Bet the lads and dads spent a bit of time at that one :lol: :lol:

I gather this is the same guy now selling fake MOCs on eBay. For shame :roll:

Must say Oola was pretty awesome on the day, she was the best bit for me (rest of the event total shite if you didn't already know).

Turns out I love me some green nips.

x-pack

Grand Master
This reminds me of that shite Santa Land thing someone set up a few years back. Going off Oola alone the crapness is comical - "just wear some sussies and dance about a bit love ...phwoar! Yeh like that" :p

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
sith-smith said:

Ha!! A full size 15K Jabba and he is asking £5 postage :!:

Top clown :lol: :lol: :lol:

sith-smith

Grand Master
Strange really as the listing suggest you have to pick it up in person!

Oh well, it's not available anymore.

If I had the room, having Jabba's throne room set up would actually look kinda cool! 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom