Sith Lord
Beeches sale 24th
http://www.vectis.co.uk/Page/ViewAuction.aspx?AuctionId=554&DayNo=1

Star Wars and Toy Related sale 25th
http://www.vectis.co.uk/Page/ViewAuction.aspx?AuctionId=554&DayNo=2

Anyone bidding?

Only 3 things really caught my eye, the first was this:
http://www.vectis.co.uk/Page/ViewLot.aspx?LotId=611874&Section=0&Start=60
but it went way beyond what I was prepared to pay. Ended up at £320 plus fees. Rare thing.

I did get one of the Palitoy 'TOYS ARE HERE' shelf talkers for £100 plus fees though, easily the hardest of the 3 to find.

Anyone land anything?

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
I did get one of the Palitoy 'TOYS ARE HERE' shelf talkers for £100 plus fees though, easily the hardest of the 3 to find.

Anyone land anything?

I was your under bidder :cry:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I got another one of those ESB cardboard displays. I won one last time but these are in much better condition. Due to the qty available this one cost me £50 less than my previous one :) Which means I overpaid for the first one :(

I have a daft number of bids in tomorrow but I expect to win a couple of pieces only. I better otherwise I'm in deep, deep *{^%^#*!

TEEBO1979

Padawan
Hi I managed to get myself a Palitoy Han Hoth and At AT Driver far a fair price (much better then the price I would pay on eBay). I was prepared to pay more as I like the story behind the auction and the fact I will be the first owner of the card.

Paul

kingshearer

Jedi Master
I've bought a Jedi Leia bespin (£90) and Luke Jedi (£90) + Darth Vader and Han Bespin ( £130) which were together and have scrapes on the card and bubbles I think.
I seen them at the last minute since the auction didn't mention Star Wars until I delved a bit deeper hopefully they're okay.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I actually thought most of the MOCs sold today were expensive, especially with fees taken in to account and the fact there were multiples of each. But I guess we all have to get used to this era of anything with "Star Wars" on it selling for over £100. Most of those were £40-60 MOCs a couple of years ago. There's a few things I'm interested in tomorrow, but not holding out much hope. Especially as we're all bidding against each other by the look of it :lol:

spoons

Grand Master
I bid on a few of the above today but won nothing - a few bids tomorrow too

JimboUK1979

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I got a ROTJ DV MOC, tomorrow's Friday he day though, some great stuff going under the hammer! (FFS I'm supposed to be saving for FF and CE).

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Think I won the 1st MISB Rebel Transport, but couldn't tell when bidding on my phone :oops:

Think it was £200 or £220 hammer price, soon see if I get a mail I guess :D

Also bidding on a few bits tomorrow

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
Lee Gregory said:
Think I won the 1st MISB Rebel Transport, but couldn't tell when bidding on my phone :oops:

I think you did well there Lee, the one with the shipping box was £260.

marc

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
theguiltyone said:
Lee Gregory said:

I think you did well there Lee, the one with the shipping box was £260.

marc

Cheers Marc, the estimates Vectis provide don't mean ****, and Palitoy factory sealed stuff is hard to come by. Not the most desirable of pieces, but happy to have won one, I think.......

Congrats on that window/door display btw 8)

kingshearer

Jedi Master
kingshearer said:
I've bought a Jedi Leia bespin (£90) and Luke Jedi (£90) + Darth Vader and Han Bespin ( £130) which were together and have scrapes on the card and bubbles I think.
I seen them at the last minute since the auction didn't mention Star Wars until I delved a bit deeper hopefully they're okay.
Been down to Thornaby (90 mile RT) to collect and pay. Yes it was £384 in the end. I'm happy with them all, the scrapes cleaned off and the bubbles are great. The vader and han cards are a bit bumpy and some card edge fading etc obviously been in a damp place but they're nice and bright. The Leia and Luke have the usual yellowed bubbles, unpunched and very little to fault them apart from some slight card warp.

I couldn't believe how much stuff there was in the main room for tomorrow. I should have brought a camera and posted it on here but was more concerned with seeing the figures in the flesh after handing over the cash.

Heith

Padawan
Outbid on everything Star Wars related today although did win some Action Man lots, so happy overall

ODB

Jedi Master
Forgot about the auction today, tomorrow looks disappointing as all the absentee bids have already been outbid.

kingshearer

Jedi Master
It's carp how it doesn't show you what the highest bid is and if you're the first to bid does it just start at your maximum or does it increment until another bidder reaches your maximum? I've put a few bids in cos I won't be able to bid live today, so if I do win anything I'll probably not get a bargain :x

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
I'm in the same boat today, can't bid 'live' so left some commission bids on a few bits.

Pretty certain they don't start bidding at the bid you placed, they need another bidder to 'bid up' to that amount before the price reaches your bid.

I had a large bid on an item last year and it didn't reach the bid I placed.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Wow, well I just tried to put in my internet bids and out of 10, none of them were high enough. I was being pretty generous on a few too. Looks like there are going to be some stupidly priced trilogos going today!

rdpla

Jedi Knight
when i was looking to sell my stuff with them, they said if i have a reserve price, they will `help` bid it up..
I may be wrong but I`m guessing if you bid 100 quid for example and the only other bid is 40 quid, they will bid it up to 90.
sometimes thats not the case, but it does happen; after all , who would rather have 20% of 40 quid than 20% of 100.

rober

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom