Sith Lord
1. SW
2. ESB
3. ROTJ
4. TFA
5. TPM
6. ROTS
7. AOTC

It's easy now for me, OT great, TFA great but could/would never be the OT, PT meh whatever.

Quite surprised some people are rating TFA above SW, and the semi-love ROTS is getting but everyone to their own :D

_Lee_

Sith Lord
1) AOTC
2) TPM
3)ROTS
4)TFA
5)ROTJ
6)ANH
7)ESB

Yes, i did put AOTC and the other prequels for Weasels sake :D Obi Wans AOTC false beard always swings it :lol:

(Put them in reverse for truthful order)

spoons

Grand Master
Might change my mind when the dust settles but I'd go

TFA
ESB
SW
ROTJ
ROTS
AOTC
TPM

TFA might copy what has gone before but it builds and improves on Lucas' work in terms of the finished article.

Who knows what others might do with an original storyline. Exciting times

Indiana

Youngling
Star Wars (aka A New Hope)
Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens
Revenge of the Sith
The Empire Strikes Back
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
Well, oh well, why not :D

- The Empire Strikes Back
- A New Hope
- Return of the Jedi
- The Force Awakens
- Revenge of the Sith
- Attack of the Clones
- The Phantom Menace

Recently I've watched A New Hope, and I was doubting between that one and The Empire Strikes Back. But because of it's dark atmosphere I prefer TESB as number one.... :wink:

jayums

Jedi Master
1) Star Wars

2) ESB

3) ROTJ

4) the new one.

That's it... There aren't any other Star Wars films.

Cymonguk

Padawan
1. ESB
2. ANH
3. RotJ
3. TFA
100. RotS
10000. AotC
100000. PM

I think objectively TFA stands above RotJ, the characters grow well, they work well, there is enough in there to make it great (if you ignore watching the other films). However its lack of originality hurts it, its something I can look past, but its annoying.

RotJ was always disappointing for me, I think possibly because I read the book first. The best bits are the beginning with Vader and Emperor arriving, Rescue of Han, and Vader vs Luke. All the Endor stuff is garbage, except for the speeder bikes, that includes Luke and Leia, Han and Leia, the attack on the base, the attack on the death star all utter garbage.

For those reasons I think RotJ and TFA are head to head and I cant separate them.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
1. Empire Strikes Back - Not just an exciting movie but a beautiful one too, best cinematography of the saga.

2. Star Wars - Every scene is iconic, every scene is quotable. It only loses out to Empire because that film feels more timeless whereas Star Wars does have a few hints of the 70s about it.

3. Return Of The Jedi. The most entertaining and family friendly of the OT. A bit like a Roger Moore Bond following two Connery ones! Sadly it's suffered the worst in terms of the Special Edition additions (Jedi Rocks and Vader yelling Noooooo).

4. The Force Awakens. A great double act with ROTJ. Again, it is a family friendly 'crowd pleasing' confection, also the outright funniest of the saga. Brilliant new characters and cant wait to see their continuing journey.

5. The Phantom Menace. Lots of negatives but let's focus on the positives. Superb soundtrack by John Williams, shot on film rather than digital, exciting pod race sequence, and the two best PT characters in Qui Gonn and Darth Maul.

6+7. Revenge Of The Sith / Attack Of The Clones. Cant separate these two; a double-bill of over-used underbaked CG, with an artificial photoshop sheen and cardboard charisma-free characters.

Palifan

Sith Lord
May as well -

- A New Hope
I go back and forth between this and Empire being number one, it really depends on how I feel on the day as they both work in very different ways but have the same effect! :D

- The Empire Strikes Back

- The Force Awakens
Back to the fun and completeness of ANH, yes we've seen a lot of it before but a great way to kick the whole thing off again for a new generation (and maybe the next one will be our Empire).

- Return of the Jedi
Never really liked the first third of this film, way to long and slightly pointless but it does have the best space battle of the lot.

- The Phantom Menace
If you watch this version of TPM it makes the whole experience way more enjoyable and even Jake Lloyd's acting seems strangely better -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPiuUiMdQWw

- Revenge of the Sith

- Attack of the Clones
Just plain bad but as mentioned earlier really not much in thew last two films, even with Jar Jar, TFM is way better for me.....maybe an edit of the last two together would possibly make one ok film.

Ian

Sean1Sgaming

Youngling
1) Empire Strikes Back

2) The Force Awakens

3) Return of the Jedi

4) Revenge of the Sith

5) A New Hope

6) The Phantom Menace

7) Attack of the Clones

CaptainAntilles

Padawan
if i was asked this 30 years ago

1 . jedi
2 . new hope
3 . empire

having just watched all 7 recently plus the anti cheese edit of revenge of the sith

1 = A new hope
1 = Empire strikes back
2 . Return of the jedi
3 . Revenge of the sith - anti cheese edit
4 . Force Awakens
5 . Phantom Menace

im too torn between A new hope and empire to pick 1 , they are both the best :D

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
I copied and pasted this order from Woolyniner... it saves me typing:

1. A New Hope
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. Return of the Jedi
4. The Force Awakens
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. The Phantom Menace
7. Attack of the Clones

I'd slot the Holiday Special in between TFA and ROTS because Lumpy is better than anything in the prequels. .

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Where do you rank the '8' movies now?

I'm holding back as going for a second viewing tomorrow, feel it's in the top 4 though.

Have to say as well from a personal view when Disney brought Star Wars there was a small part of me that was worried and their was no need to worry as both films have been great......so far! :)

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
I'll go then,

V
IV
VI
R1
TFA
III
I
II

Never top the OT for me but I think Disney is doing a grand job...surprisingly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom