Were you happy with vectis`s descriptions...

rdpla

Jedi Knight
Firstly a big thank you for everyone who backed me when i said the auction house would bid the item up on my behalf..a few members decided to slag me off rotten when i said that was the case, and the ferocity of the verbal abuse was quite upsetting, so it feels good that others have come to my aid.
Moving on..

a lot of members got themselves some bargains. I was just wondering if items were as described, or do you feel you were sold a lemon..I have dealt with many UK auction houses and its almost tantamount to legalized fraud.
All our consumer rights go out the window as soon as you agree to their terms..
I bought 11 items in my last auction...1/2 didnt work 1 described as mint had the battery cover missing and so wouldnt work
another described as mint in box and japanese was actually a taiwanese version in a repro box and the worst repaint job ever, with a fork by the looks of it..
so did anyone get caught up in the euphoria at the time and now feel they didnt get value for money, or B, have they seen a better / identical one on ebay going cheaper.

Robert

Richard_H

Grand Master
No

Edit:

Just to clarify. No to the waffle in the post. The description was accurate and I got an item that was far cheaper than I see on FB or elsewhere.

80s_collector

Padawan
Ive dealt with Vectis for years and for the amount of lots they sell, their descriptions are normally excellent, due to the volume they turnover, mistakes in descriptions will always occur and any description is actually the cataloguers own opinion which could differ from the buyers opinion in all fairness.

But overall they do a great job in all their sales and the Star Wars cataloguers I find are very good with their descriptions.

Finally, well chuffed with my purchase. :D

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
80s_collector said:

What did you get Ian?!

I'm largely happy with the descriptions, only one item I bought from them didn't quite match expectations and I would say I am partly to blame for that, I should have asked more questions or asked to see better pics - but other than that, I find Vectis very good to deal with.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
SublevelStudios said:
80s_collector said:

What did you get Ian?!

I'm largely happy with the descriptions, only one item I bought from them didn't quite match expectations and I would say I am partly to blame for that, I should have asked more questions or asked to see better pics - but other than that, I find Vectis very good to deal with.

Ditto. And when we had a difference of opinion that I wasn't go to back down on they were very professional in working towards a solution I was happy with. Fair play to Vectis, I can honestly say they're one of the good guys in the auction house world.

80s_collector

Padawan
SublevelStudios said:
80s_collector said:

What did you get Ian?!

You should me better than to ask mate.... :D

Four free cups of coffee.... :D

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
Whenever I've dealt with Vectis I've always asked for a condition report and further photos. I never rely solely on the description. They're always very forthcoming with these and are also happy to chat on the phone and walk around to view the lots but this does depend on how busy they are when you call them.

stormcab

Sith Lord
It can sometimes work in your favour that you don't see photos from several angles. I'm an online bidder and have to rely on front & back photos and the brief description. If they add stuff like "crease on side of bubble" or "paint specks on side of figure" then you won't be able to see those. I think when this is in the description it scares other online bidders off from going too high, or even bidding at all, and this has meant a cheeky bargain for who is willing to risk that the flaw is no big deal to the overall condition.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Ha! U'd b foolhardy to rely on Vectis's listing descriptions!!!
If u r serious about a serious item then make sure u at least phone up and ask for extra pictures and an over the phone appraisal if u cannot go down there yourself to view of course :!:

andy x-wing pilot

Jedi Knight
The descriptions are accurate but i would suggest you mail then for additional photos and they will do so.
They are not as critical as we are with creases, residue etc so its worth doing it.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
rdpla said:
Firstly a big thank you for everyone who backed me when i said the auction house would bid the item up on my behalf..a few members decided to slag me off rotten when i said that was the case, and the ferocity of the verbal abuse was quite upsetting, so it feels good that others have come to my aid.
Moving on..

a lot of members got themselves some bargains. I was just wondering if items were as described, or do you feel you were sold a lemon..I have dealt with many UK auction houses and its almost tantamount to legalized fraud.
I bought 11 items in my last auction...1/2 didnt work 1 described as mint had the battery cover missing and so wouldnt work
another described as mint in box and japanese was actually a taiwanese version in a repro box and the worst repaint job ever, with a fork by the looks of it..
so did anyone get caught up in the euphoria at the time and now feel they didnt get value for money, or B, have they seen a better / identical one on ebay going cheaper.

Robert

If you'd provided the email you said you had then you could've saved yourself all the emotional trauma and stress you've suffered :lol:

As for the descriptions it's pretty obvious they can't provide a full breakdown in the tiny paragraph they have to play with. They're great at providing extra pics if you ask them.

skywalker

Jedi Master
rdpla said:
Moving on..

Robert

Hey Robert,

Yeah I think you took a verbal battering there and to be honest I think it was unfair, hopefully you will not be put off by this and continue to use the forum... and welcome by the way.

As for the descriptions go they have gotten slightly better at describing but are still way off as some have said a full detailed report, if I was spending big money I would go to the auction itself and view the items but for the cheaper stuff I usually just send an email and ask for further details.

Cheers,

Dean.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I'm looking forward to your threads on u grading, which will then probably be followed up by a thread on how you really want to open a moc to get the feeling of being a kid again.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Mr-shifter said:
I'm looking forward to your threads on u grading, which will then probably be followed up by a thread on how you really want to open a moc to get the feeling of being a kid again.

That can only mean we've already had the enquiry about the excellent quality and painstakingly assembled repro shite from Spain, then?

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Mr-shifter said:

That can only mean we've already had the enquiry about the excellent quality and painstakingly assembled repro shite from Spain, then?

Oo oo do you have a link for those!?!

sith-smith

Grand Master
In general I've been ok with their descriptions.

I don't think they intentionally mislead, but at times there are things that perhaps an experienced collector would look for or consider an issue which they might not.

That said, all you have to do is ask for extra pictures and you'll get plenty.

If it were a serious item you'd be crazy not to ask for more, just as if you were buying from a private individual

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Never had any issue with their listing's descriptions, everything I have bought has lived up to expectations.
They used to be painfully slow delivering, but in the past couple of years that has massively improved and is no longer an issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom