Latest Acquisitions (Autograph) Thread

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Grant,

Did you get the Oldfield in person?

Only asking because there was a glut of fakes turned out a few years back by a previous RS member. Pretty sure you only get IP so that's a good thing :)

lee

tusken--raider

Youngling
I have managed to obtain all 30 of the 30th Anniversary Empire covers, with the challenge of trying to get as many of them signed as possible. Here are a few of my favourites so far:

image.jpg3_zpsreaxanmi.jpg

image.jpg5_zpsapott262.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsddwvvvop.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsmqjwdqrv.jpg

image.jpg1_zpskxlgzqy4.jpg

image.jpg1_zpslk03ry7r.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsfq3xwfig.jpg

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Mate,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Biker Scout cover has a fraud on it. Lightning Bear never did work on ANY Star Wars movies and it was proven a while back. You could remove it and get Frank Henson on it though :)

Great covers and sigs on the rest. Wish Ray Park still signed with his older sig :? :(

Lee

tusken--raider

Youngling
I have heard and read various rumours about Lightening Bear claiming to have played parts which he didn't. However I can find no definitive proof online.
Surely if it had been proven that LB was not in any of the Star Wars films as you say, the powers that be would have corrected the likes of IMDb and wookiepedia, where he is listed as being an uncredited stuntman?

_Lee_

Sith Lord
http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1008550&page=16

Thats one thread about it. If Frank Henson, Dicky beers and the like say he wasnt there id tend to beleive them :) Since he has now passed on i think we should go with the fact that he wasnt ever on set - if he was it was maybe as an extra but even thats a long shot. Dont forget that Hal Walmsley pulled the same stunt and made good money from it.

Dont this this photo provides any concrete proof either :lol:

Attachments

• lightningbearnf5.jpg
    lightningbearnf5.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 4,663

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
_Lee_ said:
Grant,

Did you get the Oldfield in person?

Only asking because there was a glut of fakes turned out a few years back by a previous RS member. Pretty sure you only get IP so that's a good thing :)

lee

Yes, I only get autographs in person.........except this time.

FullSizeRender_zpsgljfyyx2.jpg

stormcab

Sith Lord
Only just looked at the thread for the first time. Very cool. I definitely like the autographs from all the minor characters. They would definitely be more precious to me. I've got a couple of autographs I'll get up ASAP.

pmsbull

Jedi Master
I might have a Lucas for sale if anyone is interested?

Photos won't work for me here so pm me with your email

M4K3R1

Padawan
Hope this is OK to share here, not a new addition, but feels like it today after taking this out of storage for a look and to take some photos.
My favaourite autograph related item, 3x5 index card Darth Vader cast and crew.
DSC_0006.JPG

pmsbull

Jedi Master
I have a Carrie Fisher autograph for sale.

Sory but no matter what I have tried, photos will not work for me on this site.

Drop me a PM if interested and include your email address, or check for my post on numerous SW autograph Facebook pages

Dorsetmark

Jedi Master
One of the ones I managed to get at Orlando ( only 2 hour que ). I think Billy D was ready for his nap by the time I got to him.

Attachments

• IMG_0093.JPG
    IMG_0093.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 4,502

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Wow that R1 poster looks awesome with the gold ink. Lovely item.

_Lee_ said:
Great covers and sigs on the rest. Wish Ray Park still signed with his older sig :? :(

Lee

I've got a pile (a good 4 or 5, anyway) of Vanity Fair (the Episode I feature issue from 1999) that I got Ray to sign back in '99 at Memorabilia. Think that was his first convention appearance to do signings? Can't think of another reason I would have got them dated, anyway. Yes, his old squiggle was much better.

He was charging £15 a pop which (at the time) was a HELL of a lot for an autograph. This was when Anthony Daniels was charging a tenner and Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker were charging less than that, IIRC. I remember when Ray was signing there was a hell of a queue. Directly opposite him was Warwick Davis. I was able to walk straight up and get a few autographs. All he was asking was £2, all of which was going to charity. He was brilliant to chat to. Lovely guy. Who'd draw the bigger crowd now, I wonder?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom