General Madine Figure Focus

lejackal

Grand Master
Thanks for all the input guys, I think this may well go ahead at some point but will probably be one for the future

Joe

Grand Master
From what I've seen over the years most of the figure focus collections that are started by people "just because" tend to end up being sold off just as quickly as they are put together. While it's not essential, I definitely think the key to being able to continually collect items for a focus collection over a period of years (as opposed to mere months) is to actually have some kind of attachment to the figure.

Childhood favourite, sole survivor of your childhood collection or just a figure you could never get back in the day - whatever the reason, it will help immensely if that figure has some meaning, rather than just being one you think is cool (what if your opinion changes?) or because it's not been done before.

Ultimately if a figure focus it's just something fun you've thought of and have no intention of doing it for more than a few months then ignore all of that :D

walkie

Sith Lord
Did anyone mention Lili Ledy?

vincard-ledy-madine.jpg

and there's also unused ledy overstock parts to track down.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Ok he's not the most sort after caractor but I love looking at any focus and was disappointed when I looked on this thread thinking their was a Madine run to look at. That Lili Ledy Madine is mental, the purple looks really cool. Go for it I say, good look tracking down the clean shaven variation. :wink: :lol:

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
Joe said:
From what I've seen over the years most of the figure focus collections that are started by people "just because" tend to end up being sold off just as quickly as they are put together. While it's not essential, I definitely think the key to being able to continually collect items for a focus collection over a period of years (as opposed to mere months) is to actually have some kind of attachment to the figure.

Childhood favourite, sole survivor of your childhood collection or just a figure you could never get back in the day - whatever the reason, it will help immensely if that figure has some meaning, rather than just being one you think is cool (what if your opinion changes?) or because it's not been done before.

Ultimately if a figure focus it's just something fun you've thought of and have no intention of doing it for more than a few months then ignore all of that :D

I really agree with Joe on this.

A focus is not something you can expect to complete soon - and nor should it be. Part of the fun (and disappointment), in my eyes, is the thrill of the hunt and finding stuff. I have been after some items for Y-E-A-R-S before finally finding an example. You sometimes can't be too worried about condition too. There are many things I am still looking for.

One thing about a focus is that you find out quite a bit about figures from other countries. I very nearly started a focus just on getting one figure from different countries before the Vader obsession took hold. And its been an obsession for 15 years and still going. I know I won't get everything I'm looking for, but it doesn't stop me from trying :)

If its just a whim, I'd not worry about it at all. I think there is a lot of scope for Madine (I didn't even think about Lili Ledy above) and it could be very fulfilling if you decided to focus on pre-prod stuff as well. If you're after a cheap focus, though, I'm not sure there is such a thing.

Good luck, no matter which way you go.

Cheers
Pat

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Pat (and Joe) are totally right, if you want it to be it really can be a very, very long haul. You can pick up a basic run of anything or anyone in a week if you just want to go shopping and (depending on the character of course) most can be given a really big start without a lot of cash. Its how you want to build it that will define how many years... every back and then every alphabetical sub back could take decades... some guys have these gems in their collections without any knowledge that you want them, to the average collector its a Madine MOC, but the print error or specific back that you dream of is just a MOC to them, so the thing you want to fill a gap may never/rarely appear. Madine won't, obviously, have the scope of a first 12 character that has all the various film cards, but there will still a ton to go after and it will take time.

Bobo

On the plus side a Madine focus also attracts the extra benefit of Dermot Crowley being fairly easily accessible locally! :D

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Bobo said:
On the plus side a Madine focus also attracts the extra benefit of Dermot Crowley being fairly easily accessible locally! :D
If you're suggesting that we grab him and put him in an acrylic case then I'm pretty sure he won't be up for that... Frowned upon in society certainly; kidnap I believe.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom