So how'd Vectis go for everyone this time round?

stormcab

Sith Lord
First one I haven't bought anything from for nearly a year. Basically a combination of no funds and there being nothing I was really interested in. First thing of note was the 12/30 Back Palitoys showing no signs of slowing down. The Tusken Raider caught my eye. £1250 with fees! One with straight 85s went on eBay recently for under £900.

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
I put a cheeky bid on that late Wednesday night basing it on previous vectis sales and at that point mine was the highest bid. Still wasn't expecting to win it but was shocked that the hammer price was a £1,000! The description didn't match the picture which showed a 12a and not a 12b so that may have driven the price a bit. You can only assume somebody got carried away and are not aware of vectis fees. It's only a tusken raider ;-)

threaders20

Jedi Knight
It's the second time I've used vectis and I find it pretty good as I'm trying to put together a moc run of all figures but on the cheapest cards with clear bubbles.
I've set a limit of under £140 for any figure and yesturday I got another four Mocs with the best one being a tri logo Han bespin :)
I did have a bid on the vinyl Jawa but it went over my bid. Would like to know what it went for?
I also liked the tri logo boxed ewok village too. Early Mocs and palitoys are way over what I can afford :(

landed a force lightsaber display stand for £100 and fees :D
had no intention of buying but it was going to be knocked
down at £90 so one bid won it for me!

punk_pat

Jedi Knight
The least inspiring Vectis Star Wars auction I've seen - watched online but didn't have a bid.

Amazes me how people continue to pay more money for worse condition items that you can easily get on eBay!

That Boba MOC missing the rocket was interesting though...

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Put a few lowball bids on and din't win anything, but as others have said it was pretty poor compared to some of their recent sales, nothing I really needed.

stormcab

Sith Lord
punk_pat said:
The least inspiring Vectis Star Wars auction I've seen - watched online but didn't have a bid.

Amazes me how people continue to pay more money for worse condition items that you can easily get on eBay!

That Boba MOC missing the rocket was interesting though...

Maybe the craziness of the first big Palitoy one last year was because people thought that's all there was, and maybe this one with figures in less desirable condition caused a similar effect as it maybe appears to people that the numbers are now really drying up - so grab anything you can? Who knows.

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
edd_jedi said:
Put a few lowball bids on and din't win anything, but as others have said it was pretty poor compared to some of their recent sales, nothing I really needed.

Agreed. Thought it was a snoozer other than the missing rocket Fett.

maxf

Jedi Master
olisuds said:
£420 i think. So the figure was legit? It wasn't very clear.

Can't have been or it wouldn't been refused by AFA. It had a real rocket with it, but they can be bought separately easily enough.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
currymonster6290 said:
landed a force lightsaber display stand for £100 and fees :D
had no intention of buying but it was going to be knocked
down at £90 so one bid won it for me!

That was my one!

Congrats on a great price, I had originally paid double that last year so I took a right drubbing. Doubt i'll ever be selling through Vectis again!!

olisuds

Sith Lord
maxf said:
olisuds said:

Can't have been or it wouldn't been refused by AFA. It had a real rocket with it, but they can be bought separately easily enough.

I could be wrong because the listing wasn't very clear but I gather the figure was a legit RF Fett but it had been tampered with to fit a repro firing mechanism inside. The rocket that came with it had sold separately previously last year. Like i said i could have got that completely wrong so please someone correct me if I have. lol

maxf

Jedi Master
olisuds said:
maxf said:
olisuds said:

I could be wrong because the listing wasn't very clear but I gather the figure was a legit RF Fett but it had been tampered with to fit a repro firing mechanism inside. The rocket that came with it had sold separately previously last year. Like i said i could have got that completely wrong so please someone correct me if I have. lol

It's ambiguous - which as we know in an auction means it's not right. Even if it was genuine - without Afa/Derby/Chris G giving it the sign of approval it's worthless anyway imo.

Bootyhunter

Jedi Master
olisuds said:
maxf said:
olisuds said:

This is how I understood it otherwise it would have just been refused as a replica?

TEEBO1979

Padawan
There was not loads that caught my eye within my budget, but I did pick up a special buy ROTJ AT ST in what looks like an excellent box (only missing the insert) for £40 plus fees. I thought the price was fair.

Paul

sith-smith

Grand Master
Nothing there for me this time round.

Shocked at the prices some if the common palitoy are still hitting!!

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
maxf said:
olisuds said:
maxf said:

It's ambiguous - which as we know in an auction means it's not right. Even if it was genuine - without Afa/Derby/Chris G giving it the sign of approval it's worthless anyway imo.

It was Karl Flaherty's and apparently it was refused purely because of the unoriginal replaced firing mechanism :!:

As Max says, as soon as an original piece has been tampered with it becomes undesirable :!: :!:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom