figures and weapons i just found help needed please

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Yes, everything there is vintage. :)

The two 12" are 1978 figures, missing all accessories except Vader's cape.

The Yoda is a 1980 Kenner hand puppet. Paint looks good from what is visible. Does it still have the rooted hair?

You've also got a Tauntaun missing reins, and what looks like an empty Dewback box (obviously).

The Han is hard to tell from the blurry picture. The punch looks off, the colors don't look right, and the footer doesn't look legit either. Is a US Kenner 12 back? An easy tell for US 12-backs is on the right of the card, on the racetrack border just below the Luke/Leia image. If it's a 12-back and has a * there, it's fake, as that symbol didn't show up until 20/21 backs, yet many repro 12 backs have it. I have a hunch it's a repro, but better pics (less blurry, show the whole card front and back) will help.

Ian

yoda

Sith Lord
Ok thanks for that help lan :)
The drewback is in the box. The bubble on the carded han looks very fresh and clean. I will take more pictures of it. My gut feeling is that it's a fake but better to be sure.
I dug out a few other bits if your familiar with cards. I put them up on the valuation thread if you get a chance sometime to have a look :)

yoda

Sith Lord
Ok no worries thanks alot, Glad those other bits are vintage. I thought the Yoda figure was a cover for bubble bath or something I never expected it to be a vintage hand puppet ! I have alot to learn yet.

yoda

Sith Lord
I have now taken a few more pictures of that carded Han. Hopefully we will know from these pictures if it's fake or not.
[img][/img]

yoda

Sith Lord
[im
146421004062938243715_zpsusjofnsu.jpg
g][/img]

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Sorry it's been a while. I've not been on much the last couple of weeks.

The Han is absolutely a repro. :(

The fonts, image sharpness, and color are all off. Also, on the right side, the Luke/Leia logo, you see the TM? Under that is a * symbol. That symbol does not appear on Kenner 12 backs at all (it is on 20 backs though).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(

Ian

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Yep the Han MOC looks like a fake to me too.
on a better note though, the first picture is awesome! Love that mass of figures :D :D :D

yoda

Sith Lord
SAVORY100 said:
Yep the Han MOC looks like a fake to me too.
on a better note though, the first picture is awesome! Love that mass of figures :D :D :D

Ok thanks savory I wasn't sure but i had a gut feeling I wasn't that lucky :) thats the figure way back on another thread i spoke about. I had said my brother told me he had found a carded han in my stuff by mistake. I must have bought that a few years ago I couldn't remember what figure he was talking about :)

yoda

Sith Lord
This is another little bag of goodies I opened tonight :)
Are all of these weapons starwars I am not sure?
[im
1465678101549-1430115864_zpsyahdzvur.jpg
g][/img]

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
yoda said:
This is another little bag of goodies I opened tonight :)
Are all of these weapons starwars I am not sure?
[im
1465678101549-1430115864_zpsyahdzvur.jpg
g][/img]

The large black blocky gun on the left is MOTU ( Modulok I think)

DARTH VADER

Jedi Knight
Hoth backpacks, Skiff Guard weapons (inc. broken example), Imperial Rifle (Hoth / Dengar), 4-LOM rifle, Rebel Commando weapon, Leia Boushh disguise weapon and Rebel Rifle (Rebel Commando / Luke Skywalker Hoth variant)...think that is everything...

yoda

Sith Lord
Ok thanks Michael I have more coming :) I think I spot an A-Team gun in this picture am I correct?
[im
14656796043871559478109_zpsivggnavp.jpg
g][/img]
[im
14656796657951687789628_zpsrdufczbf.jpg
g][/img]

yoda

Sith Lord
DARTH VADER said:
Hoth backpacks, Skiff Guard weapons (inc. broken example), Imperial Rifle (Hoth / Dengar), 4-LOM rifle, Rebel Commando weapon, Leia Boushh disguise weapon and Rebel Rifle (Rebel Commando / Luke Skywalker Hoth variant)...think that is everything...

Thank you i missed your reply I have a few more up now. Any more help greatful from you and anyone else thanks :)

yoda

Sith Lord
If there is anything that looks suspect that's not starwars related let me know and I can get better pictures up if needed thanks.

yoda

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
Yes there is a M16 rifle from the Galoob A Team range in there mate

Cheers does everything else look good before I see if they float! What's that little red item from? and that really small blue blaster?
And another question guys the yoda figure in one of the first pictures at the start of this thread. He has no snake does any colour matter? Or do I need a certain colour for which ever figure I have?

yoda

Sith Lord
Ok guys I have put them in a bowl of water and 2 have sunk! I pushed them in and they all float to top. Is this a good sign they are all original?
I have took another picture of the rest. Is that belt also A-Team? It looks familiar from memory.
[im
146571697986131593658_zpsblxdfo0i.jpg
g][/img]

[im
1465717114537343390733_zpslhdb3b1r.jpg
g][/img]

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes mate the belt is A Team. " bad guys"

See pic below, there's a link as well mate

url=https://flic.kr/p/HY75RZ]
27545538291_c367459730_b.jpg
[/url]image by michael smith, on Flickr

https://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure?action=seriesitemlist&id=9

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom