1995 Obi Wan sealed Kenner Power of Force Green background information

Jack_Burton

Hi there,

Just joined and first time posting so hope I'm in the right place, I've got the Obi Wan Kenobi Power of the Force figurine, sealed unbroken - I've searched for it online and keep on seeing the box with the red background, not the green - also the back has a fair amount of Japanese writing on it - just wondered if anyone has any information regarding it, ie. Is this an import from Japan (I believe I bought it from a local independent toy shop down the road in good Ol England), or is this green background actually more common for Obi Wan (makes sense that it'd be green)

Any information much appreciated, thank you.

Attachments

• WP_20160626_11_39_00_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160626_11_39_00_Pro.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 285
  • WP_20160626_11_39_07_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160626_11_39_07_Pro.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 287

Ian_C

Jedi Master
This is a Japanese import, correct.

As for the green vs red backgrounds, in 1995 Obi-Wan was among the first wave of POTF2 figures, all of which were released on red cardbacks.

Towards the end of 1996/beginning of 1997, they switched to a green cardback. Obi-Wan was one of those re-released here, and this is what you have.

In 1998, they switched again to a green cardback that was modified to hold a "freeze frame" slide, with a portion of the back cut away in order to see the slide if held up to light. Obi-Wan was also re-released on this cardback.

However, none of worth very much today. If you got a tenner, you'd be lucky, as most sell for about half that.

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom