Star Wars Celebration 8 Orlando April 13th - 16th 2017

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Right, I'm nearly there. Got the problem and pleasure of wife and little one insisting that they, too, are entitled to a holiday. Unbelievable. So Disney resort sorted from 17th onward and hotel up to the 17th near Celebration sorted, too. Just need the damned flights.....hold nerve for an inevitable drop to £350 a ticket at somepoint or just take the pain, remove the risk and lay out £500 a ticket now?

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Im holding out for a £350 return ticket.....as for somewhere to stay there's a Denny's opposite the convention centre :lol:

Lindo

Sith Lord
**** the bed fellas, how much is it costing to go to a star wars convention, braver chaps than me I can tell ya :shock: hope you all enjoy it anyway :)

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
robpmarsh said:
Im holding out for a £350 return ticket.....as for somewhere to stay there's a Denny's opposite the convention centre :lol:

Mate, love me some Denny's. I'd happily camp under a table for a week :D

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
I IZ BOOKED!

Hurry up April!!!

(better start planning something to top the Leia Hoth laynards for swag too!)

Price was a bit higher but I used my flying club points and got direct flights

Daz

Padawan
All booked. Just putting this out as a bench mark if interested. Flying out the 10th from Heathrow on a one stopper 1hr 30 in Atlanta and returning late on Monday 17th back into Heathrow . Virgin flight £385 return :D

Booked Through Netflight.com booked on Sunday morning the other week.

When I was looking at flights , Sunday and Thursday afternoons seemed to have the better deals sub £400 mark.

I'm not a travel agent just commenting on my experience :D just being helpful :D

Cheers Daz

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
If you're willing to spend a bit more you can get direct flights from gatwick on the 11th to orlando returning on the 18th with v-lounge and transfers plus a hotel 5mins from the convention centre for about £900.

I know it's more but considering the direct flights currently offered it's not too bad.

Hitting the outlets on the 12th and epcot/hollywood studios on the 17th!!!

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
robpmarsh said:
If you're willing to spend a bit more you can get direct flights from gatwick on the 11th to orlando returning on the 18th with v-lounge and transfers plus a hotel 5mins from the convention centre for about £900.

I know it's more but considering the direct flights currently offered it's not too bad.

Hitting the outlets on the 12th and epcot/mgm on the 17th!!!

Hello mate.

Can you pm me the details of this please.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Grant_C said:
Any more flights below £400?

Sweet FA at the moment. Looks like you have to go Finnair to even get below £500. Virgin are all £620+ (and they've come down in the last week). BA are doing something not far over £500.

Sadly, I've reached the conclusion that I'm not willing to spunk £6k on this trip. If it was just me I could do it sub £1k and keep it to a week there but with the family, Disney and making it nearer a 3 weeker takes it to silly money and £6k is a once in five year holiday, not an every 12 months thing.

Never mind, means I'll be able to swing a trip to Star Wars Land in 2018.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Huge thanks to robpmarsh for the tip. Booked myself and James up. Flying out of gatwick on vs27 on the Tuesday with rob and Jason and staying 7 nights at Rosen inn pointe Orlando.

We are sharing a room and it has worked out at £710 each with the flights, transfers and gatwick v room passes. The flight back is overnight Tuesday/Wednesday so we will effectively have 3 days to do tourist stuff.

This is a cracking deal for flights and accom, considering flights with two stop overs are £500 and this has pretty decent accommodation 1km from the convention centre. It doesn't have breakfast but I have found the local I hop so it's all ok.

Deals are still avaliable. They are going up but two of you sharing should get in for £750 each I think.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Hotel Booked- (Big thank you to Richard)

Flight Booked-

Outbound:

Manchester 06:45am- Orlando 17:30 (Via Paris and Atlanta)

Inbound

Orlando 20:30- Manchester 16:20 (Via Atlanta and Paris)

Hotel: £100
Flights: £385

Heading towards Episode 8........EEk!

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
The Star whoares of Star Wars.

If theres a bright centre to the universe, we'll be at the bar that is closest to.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
han_zps8agharjy.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom