Star Wars Celebration 8 Orlando April 13th - 16th 2017

lukerbl

Hi guys. I'm new to the forum. Thought I'd sign up and try and get to know a few people in case anyone fancied meeting up in Orlando as I'm travelling from Bristol and I'll be there on my own :) I went to SWCE on the Friday and then got surprised by my other half with a ticket and money for flights. I'm all booked and waiting for April!

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
lukerbl said:
Hi guys. I'm new to the forum. Thought I'd sign up and try and get to know a few people in case anyone fancied meeting up in Orlando as I'm travelling from Bristol and I'll be there on my own :) I went to SWCE on the Friday and then got surprised by my other half with a ticket and money for flights. I'm all booked and waiting for April!

Hi there.

You have come to the right place at the right time. If things keep on going the way they are I think there will be a dozen forum members out there, plus a few guys from the us that will already be out there.

If vintage collecting is your thing, there is a large social scene that's dead easy to get into and you will make a lot of new friends. If your not into vintage, well the same social scene is just as welcoming.

Convention during the day, drinking during the evening. It's a tried and tested formula that never disappoints.

Introduce yourself in the who's who thread.

afsupplies

Padawan
Mr-shifter said:
Huge thanks to robpmarsh for the tip. Booked myself and James up. Flying out of gatwick on vs27 on the Tuesday with rob and Jason and staying 7 nights at Rosen inn pointe Orlando.

I stayed at the Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando about 5 years ago. Nice enough for the price, nothing stellar, reasonably clean and quiet. It's a fantastic location for getting to Universal and ok for Disney and there's tons to do at night at the Pointe. Went to Florida last year too and there's even more to do there now. Restaurants, cinema, bars, mini-golf, the Orlando Eye (which wasn't that great), Madame Tussauds, Sea Life centre... Can't go wrong.

Only downside is Disney is a bit of an arse to get to if you aren't driving. It's a 2 bus journey then either monorail, boat or another bus to the actual parks. The buses are pretty frequent though.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Has the shuttle bus to all the parks so no problems....$1 tip for the driver only needed :D

iRide for anything else on International Drive

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
afsupplies said:
Mr-shifter said:
Huge thanks to robpmarsh for the tip. Booked myself and James up. Flying out of gatwick on vs27 on the Tuesday with rob and Jason and staying 7 nights at Rosen inn pointe Orlando.

I stayed at the Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando about 5 years ago. Nice enough for the price, nothing stellar, reasonably clean and quiet. It's a fantastic location for getting to Universal and ok for Disney and there's tons to do at night at the Pointe. Went to Florida last year too and there's even more to do there now. Restaurants, cinema, bars, mini-golf, the Orlando Eye (which wasn't that great), Madame Tussauds, Sea Life centre... Can't go wrong.

Only downside is Disney is a bit of an arse to get to if you aren't driving. It's a 2 bus journey then either monorail, boat or another bus to the actual parks. The buses are pretty frequent though.

How did you get to the end of list of "Things to do on I-Drive and not mention the Tilted Kilt??? :D

*edit* And just to save you Googling.....http://tiltedkilt.com/orlando-international-drive/

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
oh god....many a night spent in there on past holidays! first place I tried Angry Orchard cider...now I'm hooked!

maybe another trip in April lads?

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
I'm helping to organise the 2nd Facebook party at Dave & Busters on Saturday, would be great to see the SWFUK lads at that:-

https://www.facebook.com/events/1760942630857495/

cheers Jason

afsupplies

Padawan
ScruffyLookingNH said:
afsupplies said:
Mr-shifter said:

How did you get to the end of list of "Things to do on I-Drive and not mention the Tilted Kilt??? :D

*edit* And just to save you Googling.....http://tiltedkilt.com/orlando-international-drive/

I've never made it in there yet. I don't think the wife would approve. Mind you she did take me to Hooters at Pointe...

Jez

Sith Lord
I'm looking at flights. Are most of you going direct? I fancy a trip via Paris and Atlanta myself :lol:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Starzone said:
I'm all booked, flying from Gatwick Tuesday before and staying Rosen Center........bring it on!

A bunch of us are flying out on 11.45am virgin flight. Which one are you on?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom