The LEGO Corner

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'm sure I've seen that in some comics from around 1999, mate. Buggered if I can remember which ones thout and I have 1000s..... sorry :/

Had a touch at the car boot this morning. In addition to a Palitoy-A baggied R5-D4 (in LA thread) I picked up a couple of kilos of vintage Lego. All clearly Space and early fire brigade stuff. In addition to half a dozen complete spacemen I also was (nearly) about to complete these classic set! Only some very basic pieces and one large grey board. Nothing that's hard to find, that's for sure, maybe 6 pieces in total missing. I love it! Lego 924 Space Transporter:

L924.jpg

Palifan

Sith Lord
That's a great car boot vintage lego find and there must be something in the air today for lego as I managed to pick up some bits from a garage sale this morning in the states.

Picked up this one that was complete with box and manuals - http://brickset.com/sets/4993-1/Cool-Convertible

This one had no box but is near complete (just a few small bits missing), and has the manuals - http://brickset.com/sets/8448-1

This lot came with a big bag of random lego bricks and bases that were brand new and cost me $30 for the lot, it's been a good morning for lego :D

Ian

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Wow, superb find, Ian. Not even seen that Corbette set before! Like you say, it's been a Lego tastic day on both sides of the pond :)

coomber75

Sith Lord
Hi guys, I think I may have posted on the wrong thread, put up my Lego star wars stuff in modern sale section didn't realise there was a Lego bit, not sure how to merge it here.... Any help on value really appreciated as need to refocus on moc
Cheers
phil

sith-smith

Grand Master
With all pieces officially counted and present, I and can finally confirm that I have completed the modular set run thanks to the arrival of this last set...

s-l1600_zpsjldjo7pq.jpg

Huge thanks to Simon (ScruffyLookingNH) for finding this for me

Palifan

Sith Lord
Congrats Gary on completing your lego run, I can imagine that it's going to take up a fair amount of space to display them all at once but it would certainly look impressive. :D

Nice one,

Ian

sith-smith

Grand Master
Cheers

Through in the Ghost Busters HQ and it's going to need some serious space.

And hopefully they'll bring out another modular soon!

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
sith-smith said:
Cheers

Went round to Dad's the other week and he'd built up his modulars to ensure completeness as he was toying with the idea of selling, (I've now managed to convince him otherwise 'cos I want them)!

He hasn't got as many as you and it's still a tables worth - I've got a couple of others (duplicates by the looks of it) and the Ghostbusters HQ so a nice set between us...

D4999C11-A75B-4F55-9733-0EB413C18330_zpsouswipmn.jpg

7921816F-7E8B-4056-8386-B0999240F087_zpsadc2onpy.jpg

23E21EB2-0074-46D7-9158-39D844EA5E90_zpscn9c2z1k.jpg

2DAACAAF-1CEF-430C-B30C-53586DA6F14C_zpsgontxgdu.jpg

yoda

Sith Lord
Lom said:
sith-smith said:
Cheers

Went round to Dad's the other week and he'd built up his modulars to ensure completeness as he was toying with the idea of selling, (I've now managed to convince him otherwise 'cos I want them)!

He hasn't got as many as you and it's still a tables worth - I've got a couple of others (duplicates by the looks of it) and the Ghostbusters HQ so a nice set between us...

D4999C11-A75B-4F55-9733-0EB413C18330_zpsouswipmn.jpg

7921816F-7E8B-4056-8386-B0999240F087_zpsadc2onpy.jpg

23E21EB2-0074-46D7-9158-39D844EA5E90_zpscn9c2z1k.jpg

2DAACAAF-1CEF-430C-B30C-53586DA6F14C_zpsgontxgdu.jpg

:shock: that is some building! I've managed to build the Deathstar and thought there was alot of building until I looked at this picture!

MarkG

Jedi Master
Now that is one hell of a modular collection... super nice.. :shock: 8)

Picked up the new Ghostbusters Ecto 1 & Ecto 2 set the other day... was a few £'s cheaper in Argos, so added to the collection.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Well this is a real disappointment :roll:

http://www.bricktoynews.com/lego-star-wars-death-star-75159-ucs-revealed-photos/

Ian

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Palifan said:

http://www.bricktoynews.com/lego-star-wars-death-star-75159-ucs-revealed-photos/

Ian

I felt a great disturbance in the LEGO reseller community, as if millions of resellers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced....

Palifan

Sith Lord
jedisearcher said:
Palifan said:

Ian

I felt a great disturbance in the LEGO reseller community, as if millions of resellers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced....

:lol:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
jedisearcher said:
Palifan said:

Ian

:lol:

Yep, there's going to be a lot of resellers sat on thousands of pounds worth of 5 year old boxed sets that are worth what they paid for them :lol:

And as for that set, all I'll say is what a lazy bunch of gits. Why even retire the previous one?? Maybe a little marketing ploy to get people to buy another few set before simply re-releasing it. Regardless, trick well and truly missed!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Lom said:
sith-smith said:
Cheers

Holy crap, Martin, that set-up looks cool! As you say, with the other sets it take on epic proportions! What's really cool is that these modulars are pretty much to scale with the train, OK, not to scale but close enough. I see a large room, a town, a serious train set up.....and I see it taking up Gary's new extension! Glad you got the last piece of the puzzle, Gary. Good job you teach as you'll need all your holidays for building. You are going to have some sore fingers when you finish! The standout set of the modular series, for me, is the Cinema. I love it. I'm going to be selling off all my collection between now and Christmas (got a SW habit to fund) but that set I will not sell. Ever.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Bit of a random post but I am selling a pretty decent 1989 Pirate Lego collection right now, photos are on brickset (on iPad so can't load up here due to the size thing).

http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/24666/vintage-pirate-lego-lot-fs-london-uk#latest

If people are interested that is :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom