Celebration Europe 2016 Collecting Track Announcements Thread

Tommy_Garvey

Padawan
Ok, gang, it's that time again. I thought I'd start a thread for all of the Collecting Track announcements, just to keep things more orderly.

Gus wanted me to send this out:
We are pleased to announce the Collecting Track for Star Wars Celebration Europe 2016 in London, England on July 15-17, 2015. Similar to past Star Wars Celebration events, the collecting program is the place where Star Wars collectors spanning all levels and interests come together to participate in talks, panels, and activities around the Star Wars collecting hobby.

The Star Wars Collecting Track is a completely fan-run event. All of the panelists and presenters for the collecting program are fans like you from the Star Wars collecting community. Panels consist of discussion topics with 1-4 presenters leading a detailed discussion about some area or aspect of Star Wars collecting. If you are interested in being a Star Wars Celebration Collecting Track presenter, please submit the following panel information to me at [email protected] by March 31, 2016:

Panel Information
Panel Title:
Program Description (3-4 sentences):
Have you present this Panel at another Celebration before?
If so when?
Have you presented this Panel at other conventions or conferences before?
Do you plan to offer giveaways? If so, what?
Moderator: Name, Email, and Phone Number
Panelist(s) (up to 3 more in addition to moderator): Name, Email, and Phone Number

We will reply to everyone submitting a panel proposal by April 30, 2016 with a decision about panel selection.

I also started a brand new Celebration Collecting Track Facebook group, which will cover all Celebrations from now on. That should make things easier for everyone. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1676158792655915/

So, stayed tuned for all the Collecting Track news!

Tommy

Tommy_Garvey

Padawan
The first Collecting Track panels for Celebration London have been announced!

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Events/Events-A-H/Collecting-Track/

Tommy

Joe

Grand Master
So awesome to see Mr Tree's name on that page! I'll make sure I'm at his presentations to see the legend!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
itfciain said:
Joe said:
So awesome to see Mr Tree's name on that page! I'll make sure I'm at his presentations to see the legend!

Indeed - that is Tree-mendous news

Leaf it out! Surely we're not going to branch off into the old tree puns again? I think the root of problems is that they sap the will to live of the reader and before you know it they've all logged off.

Richard_H

Grand Master
Anyone who hasn't been to a celebration before you must get to one of these panels. Sure you can go and see Hamill, Fisher etc (who give the same panel pretty much everytime) and I would encourage you to do so if it's your first, but get to at least one of these too.

Joe

Grand Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
itfciain said:
Joe said:

Indeed - that is Tree-mendous news

Leaf it out! Surely we're not going to branch off into the old tree puns again? I think the root of problems is that they sap the will to live of the reader and before you know it they've all logged off.

:lol:

It's a shame Dave was too busy to play himself in the film they made about his life, I always thought Chuck's performance was a bit..wooden..

giphy.gif

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Well done Dave, truly deserved. If one name needed to be on there it was yours :D

Tommy_Garvey

Padawan
Announcing the Celebration Europe 2016 Collector Track Medallions! Continuing with the tradition of awesome giveaways, the Collecting Track will be handing out enameled medallions at the panels! Absolutely free! Each pewter medallion shows a detailed view of a vintage Kenner Star Wars toy! They will make awesome companion pieces to both our popular Star Tot and Celebration Medallion giveaways of the past, and are something that you can appreciate for years to come! Collect all 12!

13422363_10154322685154525_5464608159066202544_o.jpg

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I have a few star tots and they are cool but I sort of wish they would give them out at the beginning of the panel. That way those people who are only in there for a tot they can sell online will **** off and let me have a seat so I can see the panel.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I want all the blue ones! 8)
Really nice pins, I hope to get a few, one of the things I'm most looking forward to is all the collecting talks!

Tommy_Garvey

Padawan
All 12 Collecting Track panels at Celebration Europe 2016 have been announced!

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/en/Events/Events-A-H/Collecting-Track/

Tommy

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
I have a few star tots and they are cool but I sort of wish they would give them out at the beginning of the panel. That way those people who are only in there for a tot they can sell online will **** off and let me have a seat so I can see the panel.

At Ce2 I was sat behind a couple who started talking to each other as soon as the panel started. When I asked them to be quiet so I could hear what was being said, the bloke said he was only there for the tot and couldn't care less. Blows where avoided narrowly.

:lol:

Jason

Tommy_Garvey

Padawan
Okay, I have the footage of the Collecting Track panels in hand and have started uploading them.

Here's the first collecting track panel: Food Collectibles from France

https://youtu.be/l7FrMS9O9HI

Enjoy!
Tommy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom