The LEGO Corner

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Classic scam listing on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-Ultimate-Collectors-Millennium-Falcon-10179-/282172958833?hash=item41b2d1a871:g:l3gAAOSwi0RX1nVe

Let's see: High value you item? Check. 24 hours listing? Check. Brand new account? Check. Low amount of feedback all for purchases in last 2 days? Check. Utterly ridiculous location in the UK? Check. I think he meets the criteria.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
monkey_roo said:
I so hope some poor sod didn't buy that.

Sadly, a fair few naive folk did. The "winner" was another brand new account at £300. That was only due to about a dozen bids being cancelled off. Clearly they had indicated they wanted to pay cash on collection or wouldn't pay immediately after the auction ended and wait on contact to arrange collection. I hope the piece of **** seller dies of syphilis.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
The cutest darned train made by Lego has just been released to VIP members before it goes on general sale on the 01/10:

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Winter-Holiday-Train-10254?CMP=EMC-VIP2016WinterTrainEA_NR_Sep_UK&HQS=Hero_A_CTA_EU_EN&RMID=VIP_2016_09_15_WinterTrain_EA_EU&RRID=20377417

I love this set. At 734 pieces it's not the biggest but priced at £69.99 it's not bad value. I think the packaging alone is going to scream Christmas so much it's a must buy.... Dammit. On one hand selling my Lego sets of and on the other I want this!

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
If you add the promo code GB10 you get £10 off the order. It is part of their promo to support the launch of their god awful new site, still £10 off though :)

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
I'm not aware of a minimum spend but since you struggle to spend less than £30+ on their site given the prices of Lego now it's probably not much of a consideration.

Yeah, I knew the site was being changed last November as I was interviewing for a job with Lego (signed stuff and wasn't allowed to talk about it) during the process I asked how much of the work was driven by customer feedback compaired to marketing desire and how much was a re-skin v's a rebuild to increase load capacity and stability. I never got an answer, nor the job, but when the site launched the other week suspect I got my answer...

The acid test will be on the 30th when all the new Lego rouge one sets go on sale and the Star Wars promo kicks in, if the site buckles as it always did with major events then people will really complain, if it holds up and everyone can order at 1 minute past midnight and the ecommerce flow runs smoothly then that is something positive.

sith-smith

Grand Master
Well, this just looks cool!!

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Assembly-Square-10255?CMP=SOC-FBIG-AssemblySquareAnnouncement

8)

lejackal

Grand Master
Cheeky little plug for my sales thread :D

http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&p=424997#p424997
SOLD

s-l1600.jpg

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Nice purchase, Chris :) I'm off to the opening of the Lego store in Leicester Square tomorrow and hope to pick one up then along with the Christmas Train set.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
The opening of the Leicester Square Lego Store this morning. Quite the media circus! Sorry for pants photos. Not very good with mobiles.

Attachments

• IMG_7719.JPG
    IMG_7719.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 1,571
  • IMG_7712.JPG
    IMG_7712.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 1,573

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Its amazing really how a company can turn itself round. A few years ago Lego were looking at going bust.

I wish I had the money to buy as much Lego as I can. Love the stuff, way more than Star Wars!! :oops: (I'll get my coat and leave quietly admitting that on a Star Wars forum)

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
jedi_masters said:
Its amazing really how a company can turn itself round. A few years ago Lego were looking at going bust.

I wish I had the money to buy as much Lego as I can. Love the stuff, way more than Star Wars!! :oops: (I'll get my coat and leave quietly admitting that on a Star Wars forum)

:lol:

I get what you mean, mate. It's incredible. And what a transformation: from bust to 2nd largest toy manufacturer in the world! I'm in awe of the company itself.

The store opening was a great event. Really good atmosphere despite the queues (over and hour just to pay!) and it's an incredible store, a real flagship. The staff were all hyped and great and the Mayor of London and the CFO of Lego showed up to do the official opening which added to the ocassion.

I also bumped into two faces that are regulars at FF! Had a good long chat in the queue, which was great and passed the time in a most pleasant way.

A few more photos from inside (incredible models) and my "haul". I didn't win a Lester minifigure (rumoured to be only 200 made so expect a £500+ price tag on eBay) but the bottom two rows were all freebies having bought my daughter the Festive Train and myself the bus and Yellow Submarine. Never bought to much Lego instore in one go and thanks to the double points it came to only £117.

Attachments

• IMG_7735.JPG
    IMG_7735.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 1,563
  • IMG_7737.JPG
    IMG_7737.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 1,566
  • IMG_7739.JPG
    IMG_7739.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 1,563
  • IMG_7740.JPG
    IMG_7740.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 1,567

poncho

Grand Master
was it the rights too starwars that saved them? about 2000 i know the mid late 90s were hard for them

they have the rights too loads of stuff now its amazing

there were some documentaries on lego on c4 last xmas v interesting

i think the cusco / ideas line is genius. gives all fans a oppurtunity too see there creation boxed up for sale they even get a cut for each unit sold its like 0.5% or something but still

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yeah, SW in particular saved them although it was the general approach of franchising the likes of SW, Harry Potter, LOTR, Jurassic Park, etc. that's gone from saving them to making them boom. Great success story.

The Cusoo range range is brilliant. I love the idea fans get to see their sets on the shelves. Those documentaries were great on Lego although it came across a bit cultish. C4 were there yesterday so I'm sure there's another in the pipeline. I'm sure everyone there was on camera lots but it felt every time I turned around some little chap or other had a big camera stuck in my face so I'm expecting to see myself looking like a big kid in a sweet shop sometime soon :lol:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
And have you seen what the "Lester" exclusive figure is going for? One with bids at the moment for £1,510 and someone else asking 2.5k with a joker asking 3.5k. And you thought the SW market was full of piss takers?

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Some pretty good deals about on lego.com/shop and elsewhere.

My favourite deal is for this set. Sold out and retired on Lego it's been on the shelves forever. Nonetheless, a great set and a great price at 10% off. The Pet Shop is part of the modular series:

http://www.johnlewis.com/store/lego-creator-10218-pet-shop/p1759350?navAction=jump

Just ordered this superb Friends set for my daughter. It's got lots in it for the money and 20% off makes it a great deal. Don't forget you also get a superb free Christmas gift and 5% in loyalty points. If Quidco ever gets back online you'll also get another 3% in cashback.

However, this is possibly the best buy at the Lego shop. A brilliant model:

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Volkswagen-T1-Camper-Van-10220

sith-smith

Grand Master
Missed out on the lego tree ornament

Though the current gift for over £60 looks cool

Any idea when they might offer double points?

Latest posts

Top Bottom