Palitoy landfill

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
laurencedyer said:
Totally agree, it's kept my mind occupied for a while :wink: .

I totally agree, nice to dream though. One way I could see it happening is if you got a production company interested in making a program about it. :?

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
theforceuk said:
laurencedyer said:
Totally agree, it's kept my mind occupied for a while :wink: .

I totally agree, nice to dream though. One way I could see it happening is if you got a production company interested in making a program about it. :?

Great idea although they would need definative proof.

x-pack

Grand Master
Modern day treasure hunting :) With proof of a location it could be amazingly exciting. Even my wife said it would be brilliant and she hates Star Wars!

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
The site is covered landfill. You can see all the grass on top. You'd never get council permission to dig it up with a jcb looking for old toys.

It would make a great Simon Pegg and Nick Frost film though....

:p

Jason

spoons

Grand Master
From what Laurence says it doesn't sound promising but from other comments and Bob's email it sounds like there is another site, and im not ready to throw the towel in on this one just yet :)

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great thread , plenty of passion and excitement . This is another example of the journey being more exciting than the destination !

Keep dreaming :D

andygo

Padawan
landfillge.jpg

Robstyley

Sith Lord
This thread is too funny - cracks me up :lol:

Thing is, as ridiculous as an excavation sounds the fact is that out there somewhere there is a **** load of buried Star Wars toys, and just the thought of that really makes me smile :D

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ha ha ha what a great thread! I reckon it'd sound impossible until you remember the Atari film and that sounded impossible until they did it! Star Wars is so hot at the moment I'm surprised local news or something wouldn't cover it? Don't know why but 40 year old toys in a hole somewhere in the midlands is such a good story it needs more investigation. Does anyone know a psychic who could dowse for energy? What about that giant X Ray machine they used to descover the underground pyramid in Egypt? Such a great story. I wonder how many are down there?

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
Reading this thread was great, I think it sums the main reason we collect which is the hope of finding the toys we saw & had as kids. The excitement of going out to get vintage Star Wars. The hunt of finding some thing you want is half the fun in my book. :)

FETT1973

Youngling
x-wingMark said:
Reading this thread was great, I think it sums the main reason we collect which is the hope of finding the toys we saw & had as kids. The excitement of going out to get vintage Star Wars. The hunt of finding some thing you want is half the fun in my book. :)

I agree.

FETT1973

Youngling
Darth Bobby said:
Ha ha ha what a great thread! I reckon it'd sound impossible until you remember the Atari film and that sounded impossible until they did it! Star Wars is so hot at the moment I'm surprised local news or something wouldn't cover it? Don't know why but 40 year old toys in a hole somewhere in the midlands is such a good story it needs more investigation. Does anyone know a psychic who could dowse for energy? What about that giant X Ray machine they used to descover the underground pyramid in Egypt? Such a great story. I wonder how many are down there?

I reckon that if something was put into motion and enquiries started getting made it would draw media attention.

PulsarP

Jedi Knight
Just read these pages, amazing thread.
I was totally up for assisting both time wise and financially with any possible project regarding a possible dig.
Like somebody said, if nothing was found, it would be a great excuse for a different kind of meet up with fellow collectors and wind down in the pub and Indian afterwards 8)

Paul

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom