Best Toy Fair in the UK?

LollyRose

Ok guys, I really need your advice. My boyfriend is naturally a HUGE Star Wars fan (we don't really associate with people who aren't), but he's got a particular obsession when it comes to action figures (he's never even let me look at his vinyl cape jawa just in case I breathe on it the wrong way... :x ) so for his birthday I really want to take him to a massive toy fair. He's in to Transformers, GI Joe etc too, but if it doesn't have an Impressive Star Wars collection then there really will be no point in going. I thought I'd call on the help of the experts, so is there anywhere you'd recommend? His next birthday will be January 2017 so preferably around that date, but if it meant waiting until, I dunno, May for the right event I'd rather do that than take him to a car boot sale just because it fell on the right date. Oh, it has to be in the UK too!

Help me, Star Wars Forum. You're my only hope x

coomber75

Sith Lord
Hi and welcome, best fairs I've been to NEC and,for a bit of,fun the Comic-Con there, but if u want major points farthest from, organized by guys on here, never been but always wanted too epic amounts and fair prices
Good luck
:)

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
FF is great....just bring lots of cash as there will be so much you'll want!

.....there's a very close cashpoint too :lol:

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
And with the next FF falling on 10th and 11th of December, that's not too far off your desired dates...

lejackal

Grand Master
FF will pretty much have the most vintage SW but I think Dave Tree also organises other toy line shows as well. As stated above the SW one will be early December, the next NEC toy fair will be December 27

lejackal

Grand Master
Lindo said:
Guess that's near London?
Southampton ish, pretty much true to the name...farthest from just about everywhere else although from what everyone says it's worth the effort

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
Lindo said:
boooo that's a 6 hour drive from me :(
I think Richard_H is in the same neck of the woods as you and he drives it so must be worth it

6 hours is nothing if you make a weekend of it. The show is so worth it, better than anything else you'll experience in the UK when it comes to vintage collectibles, and the Saturday evening has turned into a cracking social event. Don't let the 6 hours either way put you off this, worth every minute of every traffic jam you hit. Once you come to one, you'll never question whether to go again.

MarkG

Jedi Master
Really hoping to get to FF this time round... only for the Sunday though so please leave some vintage for me....lol.

Only a 2 hour drive so worth going for me..

lejackal

Grand Master
MarkG said:
Really hoping to get to FF this time round... only for the Sunday though so please leave some vintage for me....lol.

Only a 2 hour drive so worth going for me..
Off topic- you've found a new target then with the card and paperwork :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom